A Dad can do Housework Too

Dads From Another Planet

 


 

So this is my first breakfast, the very first breakfast that I'm going to spend without my parents. Well I guess I should be used to this since I'm probably going to spend the rest of my days, or maybe months, living in this house with these boys and Joong.

 

"Breakfast is ready!" D.O. announced as he placed the dishes one by one on the table. I could see that everyone is hungry including Joong. I, myself am hungry too but of course, I'll keep it to myself.

 

The boys were about to dig in but D.O. stopped them, "Before you guys dig in, Joong gets to have the first serving first." D.O lifted the different plates putting each kind of dish on Joong's plate. It wasn't too much but only enough for a little boy like Joong to finish all by himself. "Joong you eat well okay? So that you'll grow up fast and become like daddy."

 

"Yeah so you'll grow up as tall as me." Chanyeol said.

 

"Then Joong will be as handsome as me." Kai said.

 

"No, he will be as handsome as me." Suho contradicted.

 

I just watched as the boys try to win against the other with their handsome looks. I must admit that all of them are handsome and I could also tell that every girl in town would love to be their girlfriend. Their parents must be so proud to have such a handsome son like them.

 

"You should eat a lot too! Being the Mommy we cannot afford you to get sick so you should eat well." D.O. said as he placed the dishes on my plate. "Tell me what you want to eat and I'll absolutely cook it for you." D.O. winked at me before going back to his seat.

 I thanked D.O. for being so nice. He’s such a caring guy. I could see it on how he treats not only Joong but the rest of the boys as well. He would always be the one to prepare food for us. I know cooking is not an easy task but D.O. seems to be very fine with it. And in fact, he’s really good at it. The dishes he cooked were all very delicious.

 

As we were all eating, I could feel a pair of eyes looking at me. I looked at the direction from where I could sense it and I could see Kai looking at me intently. I wonder what’s up with him. Ever since this morning he was acting so strangely. I just don’t know what has gotten into him. Whatever it is that’s making him act like that towards me I’ll have to get down to it.

 

After the scrumptious meal, I helped D.O. took care of the plates used during breakfast. I somehow pity him for having to do every work in the kitchen all by himself. However, boys will always be boys. You wouldn’t usually find those who are willing to do housework.

                                                                                                                                    

“You do not have to help me with this.” D.O. told me.

 

“It’s okay D.O. you already cooked the food for us. I should help you with this.”

 

“You know, I could tell that you will be a good wife.”

 

“Eh?”

 

“Your future husband would be very lucky to have you as his wife because you are very nice and thoughtful.” D.O. said. “If I were the guy, I wouldn’t let you go.”