Rock-A-Bye-Baby

Dads From Another Planet

 

 

It’s nighttime, my first night not to sleep in my own bedroom. This will be the first night that I will be away from my parents. I want to cry. But because my parents sold me into doing this stuff just to pay for our debt, I’m not going to cry. Who cries for parents who sold their kids? Let alone their only daughter? Uhh yeah.. I’m still upset.

 

“Mommy.” Joong came to me rubbing his eyes. “I want milk.”

 

“Eh???” I panicked. Joong was asking me for milk. Oh my gawd Joong I’m not your real mommy.

 

“Mommy.” Joong tugged my shirt. He was so into this Mommy and Daddy thing with the EXO boys.

 

“Okay Joong wait a second.” I went to the kitchen with a sleepy Joong beside me. Suho was in the kitchen, looking inside the fridge. I wonder what he’s going to do? Is he going to have a snack before bed?

 

“Suho-yah.” I said.

 

Suho jolted in surprise and almost broke the glass he was holding. “You surprised me back there you.”

 

“Oh sorry.” I apologized.

 

“No worries. So what brings you here with Joong?” Suho asked me. He was flashing me that brilliant smile that could make me blind any moment.

 

“Joong was asking for milk.” I replied.

 

“Oh you want milk?” Suho asked Joong. Joong only nodded his head in reply. He must really be so sleepy.

 

“Hey what are you guys doing here?” Chanyeol suddenly popped out of nowhere. I swear this guy is just too happy.

 

“Well I was about to get some water when you came in with Joong since Joong is asking for milk.” Suho replied.

 

“Oh I see. Well then good luck!” Chanyeol waved.

 

“What do you mean good luck?” I asked Chanyeol.

 

“Good luck with the milk. I don’t know how to blend milk so I’ll leave you guys alone.”

 

“Yah get back here!” But before I could say the words Chanyeol ran off incredibly fast. Does he even know how to take care of a kid? Then why did he become Joong’s guardian if he doesn’t even know how to make a glass of milk?

 

“So I guess we’ll just do it ourselves.” Suho said.

 

In a few minutes Joong already finished the milk Suho had prepared for him. He was already resting his head on the table beside the empty glass of milk.

 

“Thank you Suho-yah.” I said.

 

“For what?” he asked.

 

“For helping me blend milk for Joong.”

 

“No problem you. It’s my job anyways.” Once again, Suho smiled at me.

 

“I want to go to sleep now, Mommy, Daddy.” Joong yawned. Suho and I both looked at him.

 

“Okay let’s go then.” Suho carried Joong and went upstairs to his room. I followed them to Joong’s room. Suho tucked Joong to bed. Just when we’re about to leave Joong suddenly sat up.

 

“Mommy! Daddy!”

 

Suho and I both looked at him.

 

“What is it Joong?” I asked.

 

“I want the two of you to sleep here beside me.”