Letter Twelve

23 Letters;23 Wishes

 

June 3, 2011

Hello Tao,

       Is your journey to the tree of life doing okay? Is the Exo orb doing well? Are you men in great shape? There has been no news about your father. I'm sorry. The children now are coated with fear. I feel so helpless. But I have to be strong for them. I got to bring back their smiles.

 

      Remember Tao? The day I bawled my eyes out when I felt so dead, hopeless, lifeless and useless? You rubbed my back and soothed me with words and told me that I had to be strong for the people surrounding us.

 

        Tao, we have reached Kilika,a small village that sets on water. We have bumped into a summoner and her name is Yuna. She is currently on a pilgrim to fight this monster they call “Sin.” She and six other people are on this journey. She is a very powerful woman. When we have arrived there, she was doing this dance on water and there were bright orb like things floating around her. This dance of hers brings the dead to relief of the villagers who were worried that they would become fiends.

 

       This girl, Lulu, who is in Yuna's team says that those who died have grief upon their death and at one point, their grief turns into anger and envy over the people who are alive today. This feelings of theirs then consumes them and so, they become fiends. However, since Yuna did that dance like ritual, these people are able to move on and rest in peace. Many people cried when they saw this ritual. It made me cry too!

 

      They are on their way to the Kilika temple but sadly, I and the rest of the people who have come along will be off to another village. The children here are very friendly. They have offered me fruits and such. I'm surprised that the doctors have let me out to see this ritual. However, I was stuck on a wheelchair with an IV bag attached.

 

       I wish I could be as strong as her.

 

The weakling,

       Kim Eunbi

 

 

Author's Note: Based on Final Fantasy X