This is Wrong

This is Wrong

 

A slap across the cheek was all it took to make Junhyung realize his mistake. He had just kissed me! If I was a girl, sure, I wouldn’t have minded but… I wasn’t.

I know for sure that I’m a full grown man.

Junhyung cupped his own cheek as he looked at me with bewilderment.

“Hyunseung,” he started, “I’m sorry.”

I smiled; Junhyung was a man of pride and never once did he apologised to anyone.

We looked at each other and the second our eyes met we laughed awkwardly. The laughter turned down and the atmosphere became intense once again.

I looked at his face from his eyes—his dark brown orbs—down to his… lips. I my own lips absent-mindedly. When I realized what I was doing I shook my head to rid of any bad thoughts that almost surfaced in my mind.

What was I thinking?! I was heteroual; I knew that, but…

We stood there at the back of the school, staring at each other; Junhyung still pinning me against the wall. The scene was silent—the birds weren’t chirping and none of the cats were meowing.

It was a comfortable kind of silence, and I liked it.

I hung my head low, sighed and pushed Junhyung gently by the chest.

“This is wrong,” I mumbled, “I’m sorry Junhyung.”

What I said was true. It was, in so many levels, creepy and wrong. We were both males; I was a teacher and Junhyung was a student. Most of all… I was from a high-class clan and he was a thug who was about to inherit his father’s gang.

Much to my surprise, he smiled and said that it was okay. He walked away, that smile still etched on his face. Before he disappeared out of my sight, he turned to me and asked me to wish him luck.

I furrowed my eyebrows and stood there dumbstruck. What was he talking about?

I sat on the cold concrete floor and thought to myself for a while. Deep down inside, although I refused to believe it, I knew we would never see each other again.

And apparently I thought right. When I arrived at school I saw students crowding the front gate, preventing me from entering the school premises by car. I walked towards the scene and… there was Junhyung’s body; his eyes dug out of his socket; his head decapitated and his limbs chopped off.

No… this couldn’t be happening. The day before he kissed me and the next he was dead. It was… wrong. He was supposed to fight for me and when he graduates he was supposed to propose to me! He should’ve said forget society. I should have…

Without me realizing, tears rolled down my cheeks.

I ran to the restroom for a cry.

That afternoon I cleaned up Junhyung’s locker to give back his belongings to his family.

I opened it and a note with Junhyung’s name flew out. I looked at it and it said: “YONG JUNHYUNG, KILL MR. JANG HYUNSEUNG, OR ELSE.”

No. It was wrong. He was supposed to kill me. I sighed, what would his stone-faced father think of Junhyung when he found out that his son had sacrificed his life to spare mine?

 


 

 

A/N: This is roughly what I wrote for my English Language Paper I. I regret nothing. I am going to get a scolding anyway for writing about a sensitive issue that is people's ual orientations. >.>

Edit: I got around 24 out of 30 marks, so I'm kind of proud. (Kind of.)