Final

The New SM Trainee

 

"Hey, do you mind showing me this room? I'm not really familiar with this place." A guy with black tipped wavy hair had asked for a stranger's help.

He was lost inside some building they call 'SME' which he cleary doesn't know what's the meaning behind those three letters.

He scratches his head as the guy lead him to the room. He has his branded bag dangling comfortably on his shoulder and his dark brown luggage.

The guy stopped and pointed to the room numbered '152'. He bows as a Thank you gestures towards the stranger and flew away.

He stayed in front of the door for a minute and stared at the room number. He make sure if it’s the right room he's going in, he doesn't want to walk inside some random and caught someone making out.

He sighed and knocks on the door, he waited for good 30 seconds until the door creaked opened.

"Ooh hey there." a guy with brownish hair welcomed him with a huge smile.

"How may I help you?" The guy asked with his manly -but soft- voice. He was still holding unto the knob and kept his smile still noticeable.

"Uhm, I was assigned to this room, uhm," He mentally slaps himself for acting so stupid because of his respond.

He rubs the back his neck, awkwardly. He blames himself for being a shy person, he knew lots of people hates shy-type person. But he can't help it; he doesn't know how to interact with other people that good.

"Are you, mh, any possibility, Tao?" The guy pointed his index finger to him, he smiled after hearing his name being mention by his soon-to-be friend.

He nodded and shifted his weight to the other leg.

"Ooh, I'm Baekhyun, by the way" Baekhyun straightens his arm for a shake and Tao happily took it and they shook.

"Nice to meet you," Tao said with a bow. Their hands were together when someone came bursting out from inside the room.

The guy was only wearing towel around his waist and another towel for his head. "Hey, who's the friend?" The guy asked, drying his newly wet hair.

Tao shifted his weight to the other leg and tighten the grip on his luggage. He stares at the guy with only towel around his waist. When their eyes met, they smiled at each other with a slight bow.

"This is Tao, our new roommate." Baekhyun introduced him with his left arm spread to Tao's direction; he smiled cheekily earning a chuckle from the towel guy.

"Well, you better get him in here before his feet cause him some sore." He chuckled before continuing his thing with his hair.

Baekhyun called this moment a big mistake. He didn't even notice his new roommate was not comfortable for standing too long.

"I'm very sorry, let me take that." Baekhyun quickly grab his brown luggage and pushes him inside. He made Tao sit on his bed first as he rolls his way to the corner for his luggage.

Tao looks around the room. It has plain white walls with tons of artists' posters but mostly it was Girls' Generation.

He grins when he saw a huge poster of one of its member, Hyoyeon.

The floor is a bit light brown and there are an exact three beds for the three of them three closets and one bathroom for three people.

"You like Hyoyeon noona?" Tao asked as he stares at his poster of her. She's the noona he respects more than the other. Except for how she dance and sings very well.

"Well, yeah." Baekhyun chuckled as he shifted his position towards the poster and laid his fingers over Hyoyeon's body.

Tao opened his mouth for another word of compliment for Hyoyeon but the guy before came and surprise them with a goofy smile.

But, now, he was fully dressed and looks like he’s going somewhere.

“Hey there, you must be Tao, right?” The guy straightens his arm for a shake and Tao happily took it and they shook. Well, they were both happy to know each other already. But, Tao feel so uncomfortable right now.

“I’m Suho,” The guy took his hand to himself and smiled at them.

“Nice to meet you, suho-sshi.” Tao tried to pull of the best Korean accent as he could, but he failed and let out a tiny Chinese accent. He hated his accent and his not very good at Korean at all.

“You have a cute accent,” Baekhyun tittered as he sits beside him.

Suho bid good bye to them; excusing himself for another set of appointment with the company’s manager.

Tao stayed quiet as he wait for another question from Baekhyun.

'Awkward, very awkward' Baekhyun scratches the back his head, uncomfortably.

He tried his best to came out with the best topic he could start of, "So, pick your bed." Baekhyun pointed at the three beds. Tao was sitting on his bed in the middle.

The bed was perfectly aligned, some spaces for night tables and placemats besides each bed.

"Is this taken?" Tao patted the bed he was sitting on. Baekhyun his head which he didn't know why would he give up his own bed with his new friend.

Middle is his favorite spot.

"Sure, you can take it." Baekhyun beamed as he secretly grab his phone under its pillow. Luckily, its the ony thing he left on the bed.

"Thanks," Tao smiled as he drop his bag on the bed and rolled his luggage beside the bed.

He start unpacking his clothes, "Which is mine?" he asked as he points at the closet aligned not far from the bed.

"You take the left one," Baekhyun smiled as he points on the left closet with lazer and thunder-like designs on it. Tao loves it, his closet, it really suits his personality.

"thanks again," Tao starts setting his clothes inside it, he hang his favortie clothes and fold his less favorite or just dorm attires.

"uhm ,so, what do you do?" Baekhyun bit his lips because of his question. Wishing Tao would understand his question.

Tao think deeply and tries to understand every korean word he was told, after a minute, he answer.

"I do Martial arts and I rap," Tao answered, politely. He had done unpacking and places his luggage at the empty spot between the closets.

"Woah, that's awesome." Baekhyun couldn't hide his happiness when he found out his room mate does martial arts. He clapped his hands with enthusiasm and grinned at him.

"What do you do?" Tao asked with the same question. He sat near his night table and places everything that its inside his shoulder bag. Phones, camera and things he put on his face.

"I do singing, dancing and sometimes I rap." Baekhyun counted everything with his fingers. He crosses his legs and watch Tao do his thing.

Tao finished his thing and looks at Baekhyun with the look of another-question look.

"Would you like a tour around the building?" Baekhyun clasped his hands. He would like or surely love to tour him around the building he been living with for two years.

"I would love to." Tao answered as he starts to gather his things on his pocket or just his wallet and phone.

They both exited their room and locked it closed.

"So, where you want to start?" They stop as soon as they entered the elevator.

Tao chuckled, "First floor, i think."

As they exited the first floor Tao felt his phone vibrated but he decided to ignore since he knew who it would be calling him, his mom, naturally.

His mom keep calling her and asking him what he was doing right now and frequently ask him if his okay, if the company is treating him right or does him found a new friend already.

It annoys him as hell. That’s why he decided to ignore it instead, besides, he knew his mom is being caring, that’s all. Just one ignoring her phone call, he’ll just call her later and reasoned him some usual reasons.

The tour went really good and exciting because Tao found out that they have a huge dance studio where you can practice anytime.

He was planning to practice his martial arts there because he’s been lacking of practice already.

And they end up in a mini restaurant inside the building.

The restaurant was pretty much for the trainee or artist there only. They intend to let the trainees inside the building as my much as possible because they’re afraid someone might catch their eyes and steal them to work to other companies.

They greeted tons of sunbaenims on their way.

“Annyeonghaseyo,” They both bow as a respect for their older noonas.

“Ooh, hey Baekhyun-ah, who’s the friend?” Seohyun whose with Hyoyeon, Key and Jonghyun, asked. They were walking around when they bumped into their sunbaes.

“His Tao, my new roommate,” Baekhyun flicked his hair as he flashes the cutest smile.

Tao bow and introduce himself, politely. He knew who these people are, they’re the members of the famous group SHINee and Girls’ Generation.

“I’m Hyoyeon,” Hyoyeon smiled.

“I’m Seohyun,” Seohyun winked.

“I’m Key,” Key made a heart sign.

“And, I’m Jonghyun,” Jonghyun

Baekhyun and Tao giggled at how this people introduced themselves, One by one.

After for God knows how long they’ve talk together, Baekhyun and Tao went back to their rooms and call it a day.

Seems like Tao is going to have so much fun the more he stayed inside the building with Baekhyun.

Tao, the new trainee of SM Entertainment.