Chapter Three: Illusions

Dungeons & Dragons

Nodding his head, Jiyong looks at the bed and then toward the darkened corner. He lies down on the bed and watches as Seungri moves toward the other one and shuts off the light. Seungri and Jiyong look at one another for a few moments before Seungri gets under the covers and falls asleep.

Boom opens the front door and turns to peer over her shoulder. She watches as Jiyong sneaks off of the bed and toward a darkened corner of the room. She hangs her head for a moment before walking out of the room and closing the door behind her.

Jiyong sits there for a minute before getting up and moving into the bathroom.

Jiyong shuts the door and looks in the mirror. Fear crosses his eyes and he leans against the sink. He looks up once again and he sees a shadow behind him. Quickly turning, he sees nothing there. His breathing becomes ragged as he feels heat rising within the small room.

ing his shirt, he has sweat dripping down his face. He can’t control his breathing. Fear is filling him and it can’t be stopped. He doesn’t know why, but he knows something is wrong.

Jiyong bursts through into the room. He glanced with confusion around the darkened motel room; Seungri was still sleeping in the bed. And before Boom could act, he had pointed the gun at her.

Seungri shoved against the sheets, legs pushing to stand, feet thudding down against the dirty, motel carpet. His tired legs swayed a little, his arms flexing upward into a defensive stance. His thoughts were unclear as he made the effort to force his mind awake. As he sees Jiyong raging behaviour, Seungri quickly gets up off of the bed and puts his hands up.

“What......what’s going on?” he stammered out in surprise.

“What the hell are you?”

“What the hell, Jiyong?!”

Boom slowly stands and tries to move toward Jiyong, but he moves away from her, still pointing the gun at her and Seungri.

Jiyong pulls back the latch as Seungri’s eyes go wide. Boom looks at Jiyong and stands in front of the gun. Jiyong glares at her while Seungri ponders what to do.

“Why are you here?! Tell me!”     

“Jiyong, I swear…”

“Don’t swear to me! Don’t swear a damn thing!” Jiyong said with his eyes red as ruby.                  

“Are you out of your mind?” Boom tries to cool the heated atmosphere. This is your brother! You just reunited and now you’re just going to shoot him?!”

“Tell me!” This time Jiyong voice is pleading for answer.    

"Okay, I really begged you to put the gun down. So put the gun down before you hurt someone”. Boom said.

Seungri watches Jiyong carefully as he puts the gun on safety before it sliding from his hands. Boom takes a deep breath and moves off to the side. Before she can say anything, her cell phone rings. She answers it as Seungri steps forward while Jiyong had stumble backwards, curls up into a ball and rocks back and forth, eyes open.

The hotel room was quiet.  Jiyong lay stretched out on one of the beds; Boom stood propped up against the dresser; and Seungri sat the table by the window, staring through the glass. All were lost in thought, either about the transpiring events or Seungri and how he was dealing. Judging by the way he was sitting, gnawing on a fingernail and not saying a word, it was pretty widely considered he wasn’t taking it well at all.

“I’m going to go grab some food. I’ll be back in a few minutes.” Seungri said leaving both of them.

At the same time Boom follow him from behind into the hallway. “Hey, are you alright?”

“Yeah…I’m…I’m fine.” Seungri said quickly wiping the tears, without knowing that someone has witnessed it.



 Convenience Store:


Seungri pushes open the front door and walks out with a paper bag in hand. He’s riffling through it until he notices someone was stalking him. He slowly looks around and notices two men standing in front of the walls across the street.

Putting down the bag, he pulls his cell phone and notices that he has no signal. He mumbles to himself before slowly pulling his gun.

Seungri is slammed to the pavement from behind and rolled over. The attacker is surrounding him. But they not attacked him rather they whispered something to him.

“Patient.” he muttered back.