step 6

30 steps to invading EXO's life

 

“And you’re good to go.” Dr. Jung told me after she unwrapped the last layer of bandage on my head. She handed me a hand mirror so I could take a look at my new ‘do’. I saw my reflection and I first noticed the small wound on my forehead. It had stitch marks and it weakened me a bit because wounds were my biggest weakness, it was just under to an oppa getting married or getting a girlfriend.

I hand back the mirror to Dr. Jung. I lost quite an amount of blood but the wound took a short time to heal so the doctor decided that I could be discharged on the fourth day.

 

“You’re just going to need a small bandage to conceal it and make sure you keep it clean okay? You don’t want to get infected.” The doctor reminded me into which I nodded. I was naturally a lazy person, I even forget to cleanse my face at night because I tend to forget but I needed to become a better person. Getting rid of the scar was important. I didn’t want any of the oppas see that ugly scar on my already eye catching wide forehead.

 

The doctor was about to leave and I had this question that wouldn’t stop bugging me.

“Hey Doc?”

“Yes Jin Hee?” Dr. Jung turned to me.

“Did I lose weight?” I asked. So I was still thinking of my weight. That’s how it always worked, for the dramas I’ve seen at least; the character loses weight after being sick in the hospital for days. That should apply in my situation too.

“Don’t worry Jin Hee, you only lost a pound. You’re perfectly healthy.” She assured me.

A pound. A pound. A freaking pound. That’s it?

 

“J-just a pound?” I asked squinting.

“Yeah, isn’t that great?” she smiled.

“No. It’s not great! I’m supposed to lose kilograms! It was my only chance of getting skinny like SNSD! Please tell me you do liposuction. I’ll have the money!” I pleaded to the doctor.

“I’m sorry, we don’t do that. It’s not healthy.” Dr. Jung shook her head. “I don’t get why you want to be skinny when you have the perfect healthy body. You don’t need to be like SNSD.” She sighed. “Wait for your sister okay?” she told me before she left the room.

“B-but look at my arms,” I flapped my arms. “They look like wings…”

 

-----------------------------------------

Jihye unnie picked me up an hour after Dr. Jung removed the bandage from my head. She didn’t bother apologizing for she was late, she just explained why she was late. She told me she visited mom to report that I was fine and that I was ready to go back home and to get back to school too. When she reminded me of school I wondered whether the people in my class missed me. I barely talked to them and Riri was the only friend I had at school. Maybe they noticed, at least two of them.

But come to think of it, I wasn’t gone from school in days for nothing. Something happened and it reached the local news. I deserved a little recognition when I get back. Whether I’d be called ‘Pabo fangirl’ or simply Moon Jin Hee, it’d worth something. Maybe I would feel what Sehun oppa had since debut. Maybe I’d get to understand why Moon Jin Hee never met Oh Sehun.

“Here,” my sister tossed my phone back. She didn’t look at me though; she had to keep her eyes fixed on the road. “I got it fixed so you could get your life back.”

 

I looked at my phone and first noticed the brand new screen. Overall it was the same old phone with the chibi Sehun keychain dangling. It was broken but then fixed. My family was in the middle in terms wealth. We’re only able to afford the things that would sustain our life; I didn’t expect they’d buy me a new phone.

 

“Thanks.” I said and looked at her. She was emotionless. The Jihye I knew would make fun of what happened to me even if four days had passed but I sensed that mother could’ve scolded her that’s why she was like that. I looked back at my phone and unlocked it to see if the files were still intact.

“Riri left you a couple of messages by the way.” She said. I looked back at her. “Not that I read them.” She denied.

I ignored her and read the text messages from Riri.

‘Hey Jin, are you okay now? Heard you’re getting discharged, call me ASAP. You’re missing a lot!’

‘It’s me again. What took you so long? Call me, we need to go to this gig’

A gig. It’s probably just right to feel slightly timorous about going out for a gig, after all it was the reason why I earned my bruise.

I touched my forehead again moreover the wound and winced a bit. It still hurt because it hasn’t fully healed. Riri mentioned I missed a lot. I couldn’t stop my fingers from fiddling with my phone. I couldn’t contain the want of going. I had to go. It has been four days.

“You’re thinking of going to the gig?” Jihye suddenly popped the question. I glanced at her, eyebrows raised. She shouldn’t have lied instead if she was going to be this obvious. “I mean, I could let you go.”

“You will?” I asked surprised. What did I do to deserve a nice Jihye unnie?

 

“Yeah. I won’t be at home anyway for the whole day. I’m pretty sure you’d sneak out so why not just take you there to make sure you’re safe.”

“Thank you, thank you, thank you!” I cheered. I attempted to hug her but I was pulled back by the car’s seatbelt.

“Just be careful okay? Fly below the radar so you won’t get hurt. I’ve already gotten enough scolding from mom so feel guilty for me!”

“Yes, I will! Let me call Riri to ask where the gig is.” I told her and then dialed Riri’s phone number. I covered the phone’s speaker and look back at my sister to say, “Thanks again.”

She didn’t reply. She just remained focused on the road but I noticed her lips curve into a smile.

“Hello Riri? It’s me, Jin Hee..”

--------------------------------------------------

It was a starry night standing out of SMent. The gig Riri was talking about was EXO coming back from an overseas concert. Obviously, Riri didn’t care about the fact that it was the exact place where I got badly injured. I was expecting some post traumatic shocks from the moment I got here but none happened so far. What was interesting was that some of the fans recognized me. Some greeted me, some asked for my autograph, some asked for a picture with me. I felt like a celebrity only with less fame and of course what’s a celebrity without the hate right? I’ve heard quite a handful of hate fans spitted out but I was cool, I had to be cool, doctor Jung told me it was for a fast recovery. I was just glad some people were happy to see me alive, because rumors about my death did spread like wildfire; Riri’s post at the fanboard didn’t reach every single fan.

“You should see the new hairdos! Sehun oppa’s a lot like Jonghyun oppa’s lasagna hair from the Ring Ding Dong era! Chanyeol oppa’s hair is black now! Just like in his pre-debut pictures.” Riri nudged me.

Lasagna hair. Riri showed me a picture of Sehun oppa with that hair. It didn’t look bad, I wouldn’t say it looked good either. The change of hair color sort of changed his personality. That was my opinion.

“Yay.”

 

The good thing about the gig was that Riri assured me it was just plain EXO, no other group, it explained why it was less crowdy, and there was only one fandom present.

“So how was your encounter with the SHINee oppas? You haven’t told me anything about it yet you lucky betch.” Riri asked with dubious eyes. I haven’t told her a thing besides SHINee giving me a visit.

Riri’s voice wasn’t that loud but I bet others heard it, I could tell by the way the fangirls around looked at us. They all wanted a piece of information. They may doubt the credibility of the story I was opposed to tell, because lately I’ve noticed how my head aches when I try to remember bits of the past it was far from amnesia though said Dr. Jung, but it was worth a shot.

“It’s not SHINee as a whole. Just Taemin, Jonghyun and Minho oppa” I said. I tried to keep my words short.

“Three is something,” Riri nods. “Carry on.” She gestured.

“Well, I received flowers from them, they’re daffodil-“

“Your favorite!” Riri squeezed in.

“Yeah, we had a short talk but since they said they were only given a limited time they had to leave early.”

 

I heard a few ‘aww’ from a number of fans who were listening to my story.

“Well did you get a hug or something?” Riri asked.

“I got a picture with them. Too bad didn’t have my SHINee CDs with me, could’ve asked them to sign it.”

“And how was it with Minho oppa? Remember he was the guy that carried you bridal style to the ambulance? If I was a passerby at that time I’d assume it was a drama being filmed.” Riri grinned.

“Agree with you sister!” We heard one of the fangirls say. Riri high fived with the fangirl.

 

“Minho oppa was nice. I have to admit I was nervous that my weird dorky side would push through. I did end up saying weird things BUT I quote ‘You’re pretty funny’, yep, that’s what he told me.” I thumped my chest with my fist. I was proud.

 

“Woah! We’re so envious.” Riri acted as the spokesperson of the fangirls that eagerly listened to the story.

 

“Honestly I thought he was trying to win my heart when he found out I was more of a Sehun fan. The way he looked at me told me he was trying to seduce me!” I explained with goggled eyes and exaggerated actions.

 

I didn’t get anymore words that told the fangirls enviousness. They were all clutching on their stomachs as they laughed.

“And she’s back.” Riri announced. “Nice try Jin, it was a good story though.” Riri slapped my back. “Here,” Riri handed me something smooth and metallic. I looked at my hand and saw her digital camera. “You’re a better photographer than I am.”

And that’s where the story’s credibility died.

------------------------------

Thirty minutes have passed and there was still no sign of EXO’s van. I had to leave Riri at the venue since I was starving and she didn’t want to miss EXO like I did the other time. I was coming back from the convenience store chewing on a big hot steamed bun. I wasn’t even near where Riri was I was able to finish the steamed bun and the can of soda. I guess I was that hungry.

I crossed the street with the wrapper and empty can still in hand. I haven’t found a single garbage bin but I knew there was one at the back of the SM building so I was heading there.

I felt my phone vibrate from my hoodie’s pocket. I shoved my hand in the left pocket and picked up my phone. I slid a fingertip on the glass to unlock. I got a text message from Riri saying we were misinformed and EXO actually arrived at 8 A.M. not 8 P.M.

“Well that’s a bummer.” I sighed as I put the phone back to my left pocket.

 

I’d meet Riri after I put the trash in the proper place. It was weird but maybe it was that head bang that molded me into the eco warrior I was now.

I stood in front of the garbage can and dumped my trash in there. I patted my hands on my pants. I turned around and walked away. Shoving my hand in my left pocket, I reached for my phone. I was about to pull it out when a light peering through some door distracted me. I looked back and saw a man come out of this door that was slowly swinging back for a close.

I was able to catch the glimpse of the sign ‘Warning: Authorized personnel only’. Assuming that was an employee, could that be an S.M. employee? The door was a back door of the S.M. building.

. I couldn’t contain the emotions and thoughts that were tangled inside my head. Do I need this? Do I need this?

I bit my lips, tightened my fist and took a step forward.

“I’m sorry.” I told myself, regretful. I ran to the door and grabbed the handle before it totally closed.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My eyes kept wandering around every corner of the hall. I wasn’t an employee. Definitely, I wasn’t an authorized personnel. I wasn’t a trainee either. I kept myself alert in case I caused anyone suspicion, in case my stench screamed I was an outsider.

So far so good, but the further I got to the hall the more I sweat, the more I felt the trigger would be pulled in any second. Some must’ve thought I was a trainee but right when I saw a security guard I knew his judgment would not be indifferent. Before he could even lay an eye on me I got in to a room on my right. I made sure I locked the door.

I leaned on the door breathing heavily. My heart was pounding hard through my ribcage. I thought I just saw a ghost. I took in the air I needed and left the door to wander around the room I got myself into. The room was neat, the floor was polished but sweat invaded my nostrils. As I stood there longer I realized where I was standing. Before me was the famous ‘cloud curtain’, the background in nearly all S.M. Dance practices released.

 

I squealed for a second. I had to cover my mouth or hiding would be useless. Continuous flapping of arms, feet stomping and face slapping helped as an alternative into unleashing the ‘fangirl feels’. I took a deep breath, calmed myself and began taking pictures.

I took a picture of myself lying on the polished floor. I took a selca with the cloud curtains as the background. It was impossible to recall what other odd objects I took a shot of with Riri’s camera but I was sure I had forty shots of the room’s ceiling in different angles.

After five minutes, my fond for the sweaty room wore off. I needed to move on and I saw a door that was left ajar. My curiosity was at it again. The closer I got to the half open door, the sooner I realized that it could’ve been raining outside. I could hear water pouring. Did Riri bring an umbrella with her? I hope she did. I sneaked in while singing SHINee’s Sherlock in my head. As I got in the steam dampened my very dry cold skin.

Holy ! I’m in one of SM’s shower room!

 

The pink tiles, the cubicles, the showerheads, the soaps and shampoos on the racks definitely described a shower room. I couldn’t be wrong. I was stepping on the slippery floor of one of SM’s shower rooms! More pictures for me then.

I scooted over to my right to take pictures of the soaps, and shampoos on the racks. The hygiene products were found in SM’s shower room so that could’ve meant one thing: the products were prescribed for the idols’ use. If I consider using the following products then… Maybe I’ll look like SNSD! I am soo heading to the supermarket tomorrow.

I grabbed my phone in my pocket. I needed to contact Riri. I wasn’t going to tell her where I was because I was sure she’d flip and that might blow my cover, I just needed to tell her I’d be a little late. I was going to be late because of what I got myself into.

I was about to key in ‘did you bring an umbrella?’ when I heard the water pouring stop. Guess I’d just have to tell her to wait for me then. I pressed send but my network failed me. The signal was really low. I walked around the shower room with my phone to look for a spot where I could gain signal bars. I stopped at one point and pressed send again. This time it worked.

“Great.” I smiled and took my gaze away from my phone’s screen and looked ahead of me.

 

“Who the are you and what are you doing here?!” A boy with dripping wet hair and exposed bare upper body asked me, looking extremely shock.

That slightly tan skin was really familiar.

“You-“ I quickly covered my mouth. Holy . I’m standing right in front of Kim Jongin! AKA Kai! EXO’s Kai! That wasn’t rain at all! It was water coming out of the shower and apparently oppa was taking a shower the moment I stepped in!

 

I should be fangirling but no, my face flushed when I realized what I was doing or what looked like what I was doing. I was standing in front of half boy who only had a towel tucked to his waist. I was a fully clothed girl standing in front of a half boy and the way I held on to my phone looked like I was taking a picture of him.

 

What did you just got yourself into Moon Jin Hee?!

“M-mianhe” I bowed quickly and then dashed off the shower room.

“Wait!” I heard Kai oppa yell. He was going to kill me once he catches me.

I nearly slipped on the practice room’s polished wooden floor but thank God I didn’t lose my course. I reached for the exit door and twisted the doorknob. I couldn’t swing the door open. I remembered locking the door earlier.

Kai oppa got out of the shower room with rage in his eyes. I bet his anger grew bigger when he saw me unlocking the door.

“Oh my God, it’s not what you think!!” I pleaded, desperate.

 

Sehun oppa should never find out about this. I have no feelings towards Kim Jongin but whatever’s happening now looked like I was an intruder that wanted to Kim Jongin. I was leaning on the door desperately turning the doorknob. After a couple of turns at last I heard a click and the door swung open. I stumbled down the floor and I saw my things scattered on the ground. I grabbed everything I could and ran like I was the guy at temple run.

“Come back here!” I heard Kai oppa call for me again.

I can’t look back. I can’t slow down. Eventually I reached the exit and took a cab immediately.

 

I shove my hand in my pocket once more and realized I was missing something. I dropped my freaking phone!

 

I am so in trouble.

 

Step no. 6: Always be equipped + run fast.

I think I’ve said enough.

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------

hi guys (^_^) it's time for the gratitude corner again. I just wanted to thank my new subscribers. I'm so glad that this story hasn't bored you out. Well so far, this is the closest Jin Hee could ever get to EXO. As of now she's a fugitive XD by the way I changed my story's title,  I changed EXO-k to just EXO so that I wouldn't sound biased. I love EXO as a whole okay? :D also I wanted to thank littlemisspenguin! dude, you should open a poster shop, your poster is amazing. I like a lot! I hope you feel better now :D