Before He Cheats

Moments in Time

Only one thing was on your mind after what you saw: revenge.

 

    There was a reason you followed Kangin that night. For a little over a month you had been suspicious that he was seeing someone else behind your back. Time and time again, you brushed it off. He wouldn't do that to me, he loves me. I'm just being paranoid. You kept ignoring the signs, hoping that it would just all go away, but it didn't. Late night phone calls that he insisted on taking in the bathroom, arriving even later than usual from practices. He wouldn't even let you use his phone anymore. You were so stupid for believing all his flimsy excuses for going out without you. But now, he would be the one looking stupid.

 

    It was another Friday night, and Kangin was going out. He said that he was going out with some of the other members for a few drinks, but you had a hard time believing it. That was what he said last time. And the time before that. They already saw each other almost 24/7, aren't they sick of each other? You replied in your usual quiet, demure fashion. It was fine, you had only planned on catching up on your dramas. He walked out of the apartment, and you quickly slipped on your shoes, grabbed a jacket, and followed. It wasn't too hard of a task, really. You were pretty stealthy, and Kangin wasn't exactly expecting you.

 

    Your car followed his to the outskirts of town, to a seedy bar that looked terribly out of place with the Seoul skyline behind it. It was unusual for him to be in a place like this. You figured that he'd take this other girl to some fancy place downtown, not a rundown, well-worn locale. Then again, it's not exactly a place you'd look for him in, so it was all the better. You parked on the opposite end of the lot, and watched as he got out of his car and walked toward the entrance. Some bleached blonde was leaning against the wall, and your blood boiled as he hugged and kissed her. They proceeded into the building, and you could feel your body shake with anger. So he was cheating on you, with a blonde. From what you could see, she wasn't even that pretty. The only comprehensible thought that crossed your mind was that bastard.

 

    You couldn't stop there, though. In some small sick part of your mind, you had to know what they were doing. It didn't even register that it could hurt. What did this chick have that you didn't? Why is he there instead of with you?You put on the hat and fake glasses that you threw in the car before you left and strode to the entrance.

 

    The bar was dark and smoky, to your good fortune. It'd be even harder for someone to recognize you. You grabbed a table near the back, silently observing Kangin and this...girl. They were two in the crowd of people dancing near the middle of the room. The way they grinded on each other made you sick to your stomach. You asked the waitress for a Diet Coke, trying to avoid the sight. She brought one back to you, and during your distraction, the two had disappeared. Frantically, you scanned the room. You couldn't lose sight of them. They popped up again, this time at the bar. Kangin handed her some sort of fruity cocktail, and you had to hold back a scoff. This girl couldn't even handle a little straight liquor.

 

    Time dragged on, and you began to wonder why you were even still there. Nothing out of the ordinary happened, besides the girl getting totally drunk off her . You could hear her obnoxious laughter from across the room, praising Kangin's skills in pool. It was pathetic, really. Then someone decided to start up the karaoke machine, and the girl dragged him up there with her. What followed was probably the worst rendition of Mr. Simple ever. Even Kangin looked a little embarrassed. How he could even find someone like that attractive was beyond you.

 

    After seeing them grind on each other a bit more and head to the “private rooms,” you couldn't stand it anymore. You wanted revenge, and you wanted it now. You stood up from your table, now littered with 3 empty glasses and a tip, and left. The parking lot was deserted of people. Perfect. You grabbed a few things from your car and stalked over to Kangin's pretty little sports car.

 

    First thing you did was slash every one of his tires. A loud hissing noise escaped, and it felt great. You could care less about having to pay damages at that moment, for he surely would know you did it. It felt too good. You then grabbed the baseball bat and swung, bashing out his headlights and taillights. You imagined it was his head that you were slamming, and it gave each swing extra intensity. Just for kicks, you grabbed your house key, and wrote your name on his precious leather seats he was always nagging you to be careful with. You climbed out, and surveyed your work. Not bad for only ten minutes, but it needed something else. She wanted to send a very clear message. You don't mess with a woman scorned.

 

    CHEAT. That's what you dug into the doors of his vehicle. The scraping sound of your key against the metal was strangely satisfying. One for lying to you. A slash for all the excuses. Another for being gone, and a nice long underline for replacing her.

 

Maybe next time he'll think before he cheats.

 

A/N: It's been a while! Another entry for Captured Moments, this time based on the topic of revenge. A little shorter than the last one, but hopefully still enjoyable. Inspiration taken from the song, Before He Cheats, by Carrie Underwood, so I don't own the song. I also don't own the title picture. Comment if you liked it, subscribe if you want more! I've got a new shot about Yunho (DBSK) on the way, so be on the look out! Stay beautiful! <3