My Butler, Luhan (2/2)

My Butler, Luhan

May 26 ; the night of the Prince's Ball

Many people came to the Prince's Ball. Most dressed in white, lavender, royal blue, pink, yellow, lime, deep red, chestnut, plain black, and some even a great assortment of the colors. The King himself and his Queen sat on their thrones in their royal loft, with Youngmin, Kwangmin, in theirs beside them, and baby Hyunmin in his crib. The Royale Family had a magnificent view of the masquraded ball, masks of all different kinds hiding the unknown faces of the dancers. The family themselves had masks: the King one with a bird's beak, the Queen a pink-and-white-and-gold mask with purple feathers, held by a stick, Kwangmin and Youngmin deep blue and white ones, and the baby hidden behind a floral mask.

Youngmin, open-minded, lifted his eyes up from his baby brother and looked around for Luhan. Hyunmin, gone of attention, began to cry. He fumbled with his mask and threw it off, letting tears fall down his cheeks. Biting his lip, Kwangmin picked up the mask, placed it back on Hyunmin's small face, and took him out of his crib to cradle him in his arms. He flashed a glare at Youngmin, but the blonde desperately looked for the one boy in a thousand other people.

The King noticed his constant fumbling with his cravat and asked, "Youngmin... is something wrong?" His brows knit. The blonde looked at him, clueless, and replied, "What? Hmm? Oh yes, it is a very great ball father, indeed." Then he scowered the crowd of dancers again for Luhan.

"Youngmin." 

The boy turned again. This time it was his mother asking. "Yes, Mother?" he asked. He casted constant glances at the dance floor.

The Queen leaned in over her husband. "Is everything alright? You look nervous." she whispered.

Youngmin smiled nervously. "It's fine, Mother. No worrying." he assured her. "I'm just looking for someone."

His mother put her hand on his knee. "Mayhaps you should go down for a drink? You might find them down there, of course. Give a dance also. Maybe." She smiled.

Youngmin smiled back and nodded, rising from his throne and going down the side steps, down another two flights, and finally to the dance floor. Ladies held onto their gentlemen and swiveled, their skirts brushing against Youngmin. "Good evening," the prince said, giving a bow to the dancers. They bowed back briefly, then resumed their dance.

Light, sandy brown hair, Youngmin thought. Light, sandy brown hair.

"Great scott, what a fine outfit." said a voice behind him. A far too familiar voice. The kind that sounded soft and caring, but was actually annoying and pester-ish. The fancy wording and smooth talking told Youngmin who it was.

Youngmin turned around slowly, his cloak barely gracing the floor, and forced a smile. "Good evening, Princess Sunye." he said through gritted, smiling teeth. "Didn't expect you to be here tonight. Did Father send you?" 

Sunye, the eldest princess of E'Voir, smiled her crooked smile and pulled the mask away from her eyes. Her unique lavender eyes glinted and she stepped closer to Youngmin. He stepped back. "Yes," she said, eyeing him as he moved away. "He practically begged me to come!"

I can hear him laughing now, thought Youngmin. He tapped his foot, playing with the buttons of his cloak. He was too scared to end the conversation, because Sunye was quite a strict one. And had a big mouth. "Your sisters didn't come? Eunji? Mihwang? Not even little Yukii?" he said, showing his interest in her sisters, not her.

Sunye pursed her lips. "Only my name was on that invitation, Youngmin. No one else's." she said. Annoyed, she looked around, so did Youngmin, as if losing her interest in the conversaton quickly. Youngmin rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly.

Sunye sighed, crossed her arms, and said, "Where's Kwangmin?"

The question surprised Youngmin. "Up there." He pointed upwards to the high loft, where Hyunmin was still in Kwangmin's arms, and the King and Queen laughed and pointed at the dancers on the floor.

Sunye followed his pointing, put her lips in a thin line, and sighed again. She flicked out her cherry-blossom fan out of nowhere, fanning herself. "Ah, it is quite stuffy in here. Shall we go out to the night, for air?"

Youngmin chuckled. "It's chill in he--- And, I'm going outside!" he said as Sunye grabbed his arm, dove though the dancers, and crashed through the ballroom doors and out the front palace entrance. When she let go, Youngmin rubbed his left wrist, wincing when he felt a slight welt that the princess had made.

"Ahh!" exclaimed the princess, throwing her arms into the air, feeling the cool and letting her gown sway. "It's better out here, yes?" She glanced at Youngmin, who was looking back into the bright lights of the ballroom. He seemed to have a longing look. "Youngmin?"

The blonde turned back to her, his face slightly bored. "Yeah, I guess." he murmured. He looked at the moon and vibrated his lips childishly. He shoved his hands into his cloak pockets, looking at the ground.

Sunye frowned. She also, to be honest, had a crush on the boy. But her heart mostly tilted to Kwangmin, yet this thing about Youngmin attracted her to him. It made her feel warm and fuzzy... unlike the feeling she gets with Kwangmin; a fake loving feeling. The brunette probably didn't like her back at all. "Prince... is something bothering you? Does your stomach ache? Are you feeling ill?" she asked, suddenly worried at Youngmin's posture and solemn face.

Youngmin shook his head, then looked up to Sunye with his soft, chocolate orbs. Sunye's eyes widened a little; the warm, fuzzy feeling flipped her stomach. He looked so innocent, so pure, as if he was still the child she met way back when. A slight nighttime breeze flew by them, their hair whipping their faces. Youngmin's blonde locks tumbled over each other, eager to cover the calm eyes that Sunye loved to see. Sunye's wavy, chestnut strands fell from their pins and pressed against her cheeks. There was a sudden creak, but neither looked at the door.

Hesitantly, Sunye moved in closer to him, her eyes not leaving his. Youngmin bit his lip nervously, his fingers twitching a little. It's fate, thought the princess. This is the perfect moment. She twined her fingers with Youngmin's, and, shyly, gently, and softly, she pressed her lips against his. After a moment, their lips were still touching, and Youngmin had long been confused. He didn't kiss back. He didn't close his eyes. He just... stared. As the wind stopped flying their hair around, Sunye pulled away. Youngmin stared at her as she opened her eyes. She blushed pink to her ears and turned away.

~~~

Luhan jostled awake from his nap and gasped, looking at his pocketwatch from his pocket. "Goodness," he screamed. "It's already 8:52! I'm late!" He got up and changed into his tuxedo, brushed his teeth, fixed his hair, and finally put on his mask.

He cleared his throat and practiced in front of the mirror, clutching his tuxedo: "Good.. G-good evening, Prince Youngmin. How are you? I am fine. Do... do I look nice?" He groaned and facepalmed himself. "God, why am I even doing this?!" He rubbed his face crazily.

Then the words creeped into his mind. "I love you". 

Sighing, Luhan shoved his pocketwatch into his pocket, grabbed his gloves, pulled on his shoes, and dashed out of his quarters.

The soft, classy music from the ballroom echoed through the grand hallway. Luhan, giddy, ran across and in front of the staircase before hearing voices outside. Suddenly changing from giddy to curious, he tiptoed to the palace doors and creaked them open just a little. There stood the girl, fan in hand and eyes on the boy. There stood the boy, looking into the girl's lavender eyes, fingers twitching.

"Is that Youngmin...?" whispered Luhan, glancing at the boys tousled blonde hair. His eyes turned to the girl and widened. "And Princess Sunye?! All the way from E'Voir?!" The wind cooled his cheeks and nose, making him close his eyes in bliss. There was a rustle of movement, and they opened again. Then they grew wider.. and wider.. and wider... Until the eye sockets couldn't take it.  Luhan's face fell. His back slumped. His fingers hung loosely on the door handle. His eyes drooped, rimmed with incoming tears. And... his heart cracked, and fell apart into shattered pieces.

The two were kissing. Kissing. The butler couldn't believe his eyes. It was heartbreaking and disgusting, but he could not look away. He was too stunned to leave. When they pulled away, Youngmin seemed to look into the Sunye's eyes lovingly, and she looked back nervously. Luhan let out a small whimper.

Sunye turned away, breaking the heartful gaze. Youngmin cleared his throat, fixed his crooked cravat, and ------

He didn't want to see more. His heart raced as Luhan slammed the door shut and ran to the dining room, sitting in front of one of the large glass windows. He huddled his knees to his chest, buried his face into his lap, and cried. His heart was still beating fast, it still hurt, and his hands trembled. The mask acted as a dam for his tears, and when he released it from his face a flow of tears stained his dress shirt. Buttoning the top buttons, he kept crying. Wailing and wailing until his voice was gone. But just because the music was gone didn't mean the dance stopped. He bit his lip to back the tears, but they kept falling, falling everywhere until Luhan was practically the water fountain in the garden. 

What is this.., he thought as the moisture stained his cheeks. Why am I crying? Could it be.... possibly....that I love Youngmin back?

He shook his head at the silly thought, even though it was the truth. He just noticed it now, how he was so uncomfortable around the blonde, how much he cared about him and how he even turned down a girl just to give the boy his clothes. He really did love him. More than Youngmin could think of. He felt possessive, but he didn't care. Luhan knew he had to fight for his man, his man. The princess was royalty, but she was going to get hit in the face. The street personality Luhan had back in Seoul creeped up in him and the cursed words slipped from his lips: "I'm going to slap that hoe."

Rising from his squatting position, the butler turned around to fix his hair, only to become face to face with big, brown eyes. "Ah!" he screamed as the eyes widened more; if possible.

It was Youngmin. He was crying, his tears matching the flow of Luhan's. His lip quivered, and his breath fogged the glass. Words choked out of his mouth, but it was muffled. "Lu-Lu-Lu-Luhan... I-I l-love you s-so much.... p-please forg-give me.... I d-didn't want to k-kiss her... she k-kissed me.. Forgive me, please!" he stuttered.

Pressing his nose against the glass and dabbing at his eyes with his handkerchief, Luhan smiled sadly as he began to cry again. "I love you too, my prince. More than you can imagine." he whispered, pressing his hands against the glass where Youngmin's was. The blonde cried until he left the window and, like a ghost, appeared beside Luhan.

"Luhan.." Youngmin whispered as the older boy took of his mask and wiped his eyes.

"Youngmin.." replied Luhan. Leaning in closer, he wrapped his arms around the other boy, breathed softly against his skin, and kissed his lips gently. It felt like a dream, kissing Youngmin. It was like dancing, twirling happily in fancy moves and swirls. It sounded like a silent room, peaceful and undisturbed. It was.. magical.

Youngmin, a bit surprised, kissed back with passion, combining his warmth with Luhan's. It felt so wrong, so taboo, but he.. he loved it. Not the kiss. But Luhan. So much. So much..

 

Disgusted, Miyoung stomped out of the surveillance room. The screen of the dining room filmed Youngmin and Luhan, lips against each other's, holding each other tightly, protectively. She hated it. Her pink, peachy gown flew down the grand staircase steps, fluttered against the entrance rug, swiftly glided to the dining room, and got caught in the dining room doors.

"You two!" she screamed. The lovers jumped. At first, Luhan didn't recognize her with her mask. "Excuse me, miss, you should not be here. Shall I you to the ballroom?" He moved away from Youngmin and took Miyoung's hands in his, smiling. His smile immediately disappeared when he felt a sharp pain sting through his cheek.

"Damn you, Luhan! You disgusting man! Lips on my future husband's!" Miyoung screamed, taking off her mask to reveal watery eyes. She glared at both Luhan and Youngmin. "A-ah.. Miyoung.." Luhan stuttered.

Youngmin still did not recognize her. "And... who are you?"

Turning away from Luhan, Miyoung rushed through the table and to Youngmin. She lifted her white, lace-gloved hand and slapped Youngmin clear across the face. She slapped him on his other cheek. Again on his right, then on his left again until Youngmin was crying again. "You ghastly Prince! I'm Miyoung, you! The maid who asked you on a date a few days ago?! The one who's heart broke when she saw you" ----- she pointed to Luhan without her eyes leaving Youngmin's ----- "kissing that! How do you sleep at night loving hi---"

Thwack.

Youngmin, with hooded eyes, hit Miyoung mercilessly across her face. Before she attacked back, he took her by the wrists, leaned in close, and whispered harshly into her ear, "I think it'd be best... if you left. Now." She fled. She cried, then went back to her quarters. 

"Well, I say." Luhan said after the door slammed.

~~~

The two had cleaned up, put on their masks, kissed again, and walked back to the ballroom, hands not far from each other's. The crowd was lined up finely by King's order. They cheered when Youngmin entered, and he blinked cluelessly.

"Ah, my son! He has returned from a long travel around the palace!" screamed the King from the loft. The crowd giggled and laughed. "Now, my son. It is time for the eldest prince to choose the person he'd like to dance with. And you know" ---- the King winked ---- "give them a kiss." The ladies, lined up in three long, thick lines, squealed happily. Even the tiny princesses invited giggled.

Youngmin glanced to his side, where Luhan used to be, only to discover the boy had fled to the front. Luhan had a full view of who the Prince would choose. He smiled a weak smile. "Good luck," he mouthed, eyes sad but face gleaming.

Swallowing a bit of the urge to recline, Youngmin walked through each and every single row of ladies, just flashing a smile or kissing a hand or giving a lolly once in a while, but not choosing. The King anticipated as he reached the last woman: a beautiful lady with soft chestnut hair and lavender eyes; Princess Sunye.

"Go away," she hissed under her breath.

Youngmin grinned, patted her shoulder, then walked back up the aisle to Luhan, who blinked as he took his hand in his. The crowd gasped. The King and Queen gasped. Kwangmin gasped. Hyunmin burped.

Youngmin's eyes met Luhan's as he said, "May I have this dance?" The girls shrank back to the sides, giving a large space of the ballroom to the two lovers. Luhan, nodding frantically, dragged him to the middle of the floor and smiled. "Great," he whispered. "My first time dancing and it's with my boyfriend."

"Boyfriend.." The word sounded smooth out of Youngmin's mouth. There was silence. "Well?!" he shouted playfully, a grin on his face. "Play the music, dummies!"

The orchestra boomed, some backups were heard, and Youngmin helped Luhan into a dancing position. He put his hand on the older boy's waist, the other gripping his, and started a dance Luhan hadn't seen before. The King knit his brows until he realized what the blonde had started.

"Ah," he whispered so Kwangmin and the Queen glanced at him. "Youngmin has started the ancient Prince Waltz." All three pairs of eyes fell to Youngmin and Luhan.

"You have not a need to move, my lover." said Youngmin when he realized Luhan's blank expression. "I'm the leader. You just watch and dip now and then, okay?" Luhan nodded. Youngmin twirled gracefully around him, brushing his cloak against the others' legs and humming a sweet tune. The orchestra followed his movemnets. The blonde appeared in front of Luhan, did a little of a Fool's Shimmy, and smiled, dipping his head down a little. Luhan caught on, dipped down so his nose almost touched his toes, and stood back up to smile at Youngmin. The younger boy clapped, in rhythm of the song, and the whole ballroom followed on. Even little Hyunmin was slapping his hand against the other. As the dance ended, Youngmin grabbed Luhan's hands and twined his fingers with the others', leaning in and giving him a deep kiss. The crowd, a small dot of it, gasped. After a few minutes both boys pulled away, smiled.

The crowd cheered.

~~~

The next May 26th...

"Hyung, remember this day? Last year? During the Prince's Ball?" Youngmin asked Luhan on a warm, sunny, spring day. They were in Seoul, where Youngmin had met his boyfriend's parents, and were popsicles at the park, where small kids played. Youngmin was in casual shorts and the same Pikachu tee, and Luhan was in a loose, white, wifebeater with black capris. 

Luhan giggled, his now melting ice cream. "Yeah... we kissed and kissed, went through some apologies, and danced. Best night of my life, yeobo." he replied, smiling at his lover.

"Mine, too." Youngmin said, smiling back warmly. He glanced at Luhan's chocolate-fudge popsicle and at his own, boring fruit bar. "Can... Can I have a taste of that?" he asked the other shyly.

"Oh," Luhan answered with a tingle of a smirk on his lips. "Here." He leaned in, bit the other's lower lip gently, and kissed him as deep as he needed for Youngmin to taste the chocolate. Pulling away, Youngmin blushed deeply.

Youngmin whispered softly, smiling, "I love you..." He tickled the elder under the chin. "My butler, Luhan." The two smiled at each other, their treats, and snuggled up together as they watched the sunset.

The End

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Was it good? ; u ; I hope it was. DON'T BE A SILENT READER. Subscribe, comment, and read this fic! Also friend me!

Hoped you liked it, boos~ Bai!

- bubbletea45