No Ordinary Dream

Forbidden Love : The Fallen Angel

*Where am I?*

The grass was tickling your cheeks. You opened your eyes and saw a beautiful horizon. Flowers were blooming and grass were everywhere. You looked at a tree, few meters away from you. It was surrounded by bushes of roses.

 

*My favorite*

 

You walked towards the tree and cherry blossoms suddenly bloomed. The roses were swaying with the wind. 

 

*It's so red*

 

"Just like the color of your lips."

 

You heard a voice from behind the tree, his long legs showed and he was sitting on a bench.

 

"Who... are you?"

 

You peeked from the tree. Your eyes widened when you saw wings and feather flew everywhere. His wings covered his face but you could see his golden brown hair.

 

*An Angel?*

 

"Not anymore..."

 

You were dumbfounded. He knew what you were thinking. He read your mind. He tapped the seat next to him.

 

"You want me to sit there?"

 

He just nodded. He flashed a sweet smile and you sat beside him.

 

"Can you tell me the reason why you said you're not an Angel anymore?"

 

He smiled, made your eyes close and pushed your head down his chest. His wings surrounded your whole body and you felt safe.

 

"Your wings...they're comfortable."

 

You could hear his heart beat, it was calm, calm that made you fall asleep.

 

~ㅇ~ㅇ ~ㅇ~ㅇ~ㅇ~ㅇ~ㅇ~ㅇ~ㅇ~ㅇ~ㅇ~ㅇ~ㅇ~ㅇ~ㅇ~ㅇ~ㅇ~ㅇ~ㅇ~ㅇ~ㅇ~ㅇ~ㅇ~ㅇ

 

*She's deeply asleep.* Kyung Soo smiled while studying your profile. *I wonder what she's dreaming of.*

 

He was reading his book. The ride was a little bumpy and the bus is quite old, too. He made your head rest on his shoulder. A smile formed his lips.

 

*That's more better.*

 

Minutes have passed and you woke up just in time to go out the bus.

 

"Still sleepy?"

 

You nodded and your dream was still on your mind. You can't seem to forget it. It bothered you so much that you are having a headache. After a few minutes the two of you reached your apartment.

 

"Oppa, thanks for walking me home. You should go home now and rest."

 

"Arasseo, I'll see you tomorrow, okay?"

 

Kyung Soo ruffled your hair.

 

"See you tomorrow." You waved and flashed a weak smile.

 

*Go Chae Ri, what's bothering you lately? You don't seem to be on your right self.*

 

You went in the building and stepped in the elevator. You leaned on the mirror while staring at the floor, waiting for the elevator doors to open. You were still thinking of the Angel. You snapped out when the elevator opened and slapped your cheeks to wake up. You went in your apartment and changed into your comfortable clothes. You lay down on your bed and the dream was coming into your thoughts again.

 

*Not anymore.*

 

*What does he mean by that? Not anymore? And why do I keep on dreaming about that Angel?*

 

That words bothered you, even his actions. His touch, it felt so real.

 

*I noticed that we're becoming closer and closer. Now that I think of it, the first time I dreamt of that Angel is when I was in grade school. I only saw light. A bright light and his wings. In high school, I could see his whole body but not his face. In college, I could barely see his face and now, his touch felt so real. It's weird yet I felt very secure when dreaming of him.*

 

You thought of him the whole night and you didn't realize that you're already asleep.

 

~ㅇ~ㅇ~ㅇ~ㅇ~ㅇ~ㅇ~ㅇ~ㅇ~ㅇ~ㅇ~ㅇ~ㅇ~ㅇ~ㅇ~ㅇ~ㅇ~ㅇ~ㅇ~ㅇ~ㅇ~ㅇ~ㅇ~ㅇ~ㅇ

 

"Are you awake?"

 

A deep but sweet voice suddenly spoke. You slowly opened your eyes and saw him, the Angel.

 

"Kind of. I'm awake in my dream, I guess."

 

You looked up at him but the brightbess of the sun was covering half of his face, only his lips showed.

 

"Were you waiting for me to wake up?"

 

He smiled again. He never answer your questions. Only the question that you had in mind. *An Angel?*

 

"What are you thinking of?"

 

He asked and looked at the sky.

 

"I'm thinking of your answer. Why did you say you're not an Angel anymore...which is impossible because you have those wings."

 

"Do I have to answer that question?"

 

"I just want to know. I want to ask you a lot of questions. You keep on appearing in my dreams, you don't miss a single day. I can talk to you, touch you, and continue my dream of you."

 

"I don't know too. I also don't have any idea why you keep on appearing around me. I just felt something comforting when I'm around you."

 

*And maybe that's why I'm a Fallen Angel. I'm sure Fallen Angels like me experienced exactly the same thing as I'm experiencing now.*

 

This isn't an ordinary dream. The wind blew and you inhaled the fragrance of the roses.

 

*It smells just like him.*

 

"Do I?"

 

He smiled. How come he know what you were thinking.

 

"It's a nice thing you can read other's mind."

 

"Yeah, it's nice that I only read yours."

 

You looked at him and tilted my head. He walked towards you and he looked into your eyes. It was deep brown and you melted from his stare.

 

"Here." 

 

He gave me the rose he picked, you accepted it. He suddenly touched your cheeks. The wind blew harder, the petals of roses and cherry blossoms flew around. You protected the rose he gave you and he suddenly pressed his lips on your forehead. Your eyes widened, he broke the kiss and drowsiness enveloped your mind. You slowly looked up at him and fell asleep from his safe embrace.

 

*Sleep tight, Go Chae Ri.*