Suho's Story: Welcome to Avalon

Rise of the Demigods

Suho has just finished his graduation ceremony, he graduated high school and will enrole to a US college soon. Before leaving Korea, he met with all of his old friends, he met with his bestfriend Choi Jino, the two took a walk through memory lane as they remind themselves of the happy memories that they spend together while in Middle School and High School. 

 

Suho and Jino passed the Dong residence, their old friend Youngbae had a swimming pool there and it was the reminder of a tragic memory for Suho. Suho used to be a pro when it comes to swimming and he only swam once in his whole life time and that was at the Dong house, it was his first and last, ever since Youngbae's pool party when they were in elementary, Suho became an Aquaphobic. 

 

While Jino was talking about all the mishaps that happen that day, Suho in his head remembered about what happen inside the pool. He remembered hearing a faint manly voice, he said that Suho is him but he is not Suho. Those words still rang inside his head after so long. Jino made fun of Suho about his fear of water. 2 months before that day, there was an eclipse, something happened at that time he heard the same voice this time, he heard a second voice talking to him, it sounded like an old man. 

 

"Suho you are new reborn" said the old man,

 

"Who are you?" asked Suho, Suho realized at that point that this was a different person compared to last time and he asked the old man "were you the one who talked with me last time?" 

 

"I am not him Suho, I am who inside and outside of existence, i am known by hundreds of name but you can call me Soo Man, the man you talked with before was Eric" 

 

"Who is Eric and what does he mean that i am him and what do you mean i am reborn?" 

 

"Who is he, it is not my duty to tell you, what did he meant is not my duty but why are you said to be 'reborn', that is for you to discover but remember this Suho, you are a leader"

 

and when the eclipse ended, the old man's voice disappeared from his head and Suho's question were left unanswered, not to waste his time any longer, Suho continues to study for his finals but even then he is bothered at those words and why does he keep on hearing people's voices in his head but he shrug it all off thinking that it is caused by stress. 

 

After returning home from walking with Jino, Suho went to take a nice refreshing shower and maybe soak in the bathtub for awhile. Suho was taking a shower when all of sudden, he heard a voice, "Poseidon, please help me", thinking that someone was outside he went out but didn't found anyone "I must be hearing things again". Suho prepared his bubble bath and again he heard the voice saying "Poseidon" and this time it echoed in his head. "Poseidon?" he questions himself but shook his head and just went in the tub to enjoy a nice relaxing soak.

 

Curious about the time he heard a person name 'Eric's' voice, Suho put his whole head inside the water and he heard a girl's voice instead "I beg of you please save my land" and he said while submerging his head underwater "who are you?" and the voice replied him "I am Taeyeon, Princess of Antheia" and startled Suho went back up, he was surprised that someone actually answered his question. 

 

Suho finished his bubble bath and pulled the cork to let the water drain. After he finished dressing up, surprising Suho, the water didn't went down, Suho attempts to plunge the drain by hand only but instead the water spew out like it's a geyser, Suho's hand was still stuck to the drain unable to move. Before long, the whole bathroom was filled with water, Being the Aquaphobe that he is, he panics and screams for help but then a voice came to him, it was Eric's. "Suho calm down, everything will be okay" and Suho follows Eric's guidance but before long, the room got darker and Suho can't see a thing. 

 

Suho saw a light up so he went to it, he discovered he is inside a beautiful palace made out of stone, Suho looks to find anyone who might be there, he was walking along as he admires the archaic decor, He was walking along and he met with a women with a white gown, "Hello there, ermm i don't know where am i right now so.." and the person with the white gown turn around, a beautiful smile she had. Suho stunned by the beauty of the female. 

 

"Hello there, i'm Suho" he approached the girl, the girl seem to have no intention to entertain him with intro as she expects the boy to already know of her name, "I'm guessing you must be Taeyeon" the boy boldly speak without the courtesy to bow. the stone statues sees it as an insult for their dear princess. she gestures the stone guards to calm down as she the princess, does not expect a formal greeting from a human. 

 

"It is of my pleasure to be here with you" the princess said graciously. "how do you know me? and what is this nonsense about demigods and Olympia" while feeding the cherping parakeets, "my oh my, you are still fresh and raw, i did not expect him to bring you here at such an early age" Suho thought the princess was accusing him of being a dumb "excuse me, i am not some dumb kid or a for that matter, i bet i'm only 3-2 years younger than you, IF you are even older than me that is" 

 

the princess laughed while wiping the tear drops "boy, i have lived for over 10,000 years, are you telling me that you are 9,998 years old, i don't think so, anyway, what i meant was you are still unknowledgable of the Aether and of yourself" and she pulls his hands to the balcony and the sight practically surprised Suho, "surprised? this is Avalon, the capital of Antheia one of the many Aether realms, Antheia is the home of Elves, Dwarven creatures, Pixies, Fairies, Druids, Sirens and so many more, this is also home to the demons and i am their princess, i am Taeyeon, Princess of Antheia, i reign over the four directions of this world and you are a demigod name Poseidon, ruler of the seas, bringer of the storms, creator of waves and god of water, sent here to save my land from the darkness that exist at the otherside of this planet"

 

Suho was still awed with the beauty of this white marbled city, the people were happily walking without a care in the world "what do you mean Poseidon?" Taeyeon holds his face "My dear, you are Antheia's savior, you can save this people from the darkness that keeps on polluting our oceans which in turn pollutes our lands hence polluting our trees into this monstrocity" Suho pushes the princess away from her and elaborates "i am no God" the princess corrected her "demigod" "i am no god, no demigod, no whatever, i'm just a University graduate who is going to work in Cern, Switzerland, take me home now" and the Princess look disappointed "i'm sorry i can't take you home, i may have the power to make the trees stand and obey me but i am no transporter who rules the bridge" 

 

"So you're saying i'm stuck here?" the princess nods but then a maiden came "excuse me, milady there is away to lead him back to Earth but it'll take awhile possibly 2 Earth weeks from now" Suho looks at the maid "how long is 2 Earth weeks?" and she answered "around 4 days here in Antheia" and he answered "then i shall wait" the princess claps and said "maiden, please arrange a room for the boy, he'll be our lovely guest" and when the maids escorted him, a stone guard asked the Princess "my lady, why are we still catering to his needs when he doesn't want to help us?" the princess said "i will try my very best to change his decision, this person was chosen by Gaia, i think that's enough of a reason for us to trust that he'll be able to help us whether he wants to or not" 

 

"here is your room my lord, if you want anything please feel free to ask the handmaidens anything" as she walked backwards and closed the door, Suho's bed was huge and the room is even cool despite being in a place without air-conditioners. Suho goes out to the garden and he meets this old man who spotted him and immediately bowed to him "oh my, praise be upon the lord" his forehead touches the ground and Suho urges the gardener to stand up "please you don't need to that, why are all the people here treating me like i'm somekind of royalty" he smiles 

 

the old man who has a bad back stood up and said "please forgive me for disturbing your leisure walk, i was not informed to be careful or your arrival, my lord Poseidon" Suho shooks his head "please don't call me that, my name is Suho" and the old man shed tears "it is an honor to call the lord Poseidon by his name" and he sats down on a nearby bench "finally we can live without to worry about our paradise being rooted with evil" Suho asks the old man "what do you mean by rooted with evil?" 

 

"My lord don't you know, Antheia is the land of all that is good, eversince darkness landed here, those ungrateful ingrids started forming their own nation destroying the true purity of Antheia, if you ask me those people living in Gondolin and Malkuth should die, may i suggest something my lord, why don't you command the oceans to stand and wipe those fake kings of the face of the realm" Suho just laughs at the old man's words and a thought came to him "this people, they never met me but they are already treating me like a king" and the old man stood up "well i should be going now then, may you be praise my lord" and he walks away

Suho then followed behind him as he also goes out. 

This is how Avalon looks like as people enters it, that tall thing is the tower which Suho was sent to and had to walk down

Please play this as background music for how it was like walking in the streets of Avalon http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fb0jclcZzxg

 

Suho walks out of the castle and he a couple of kids running out playing tag, the beauty and simplicity of Avalonian life touched his heart, he remembered how he always stayed in class to study during his freetime, he likes what he sees as he passes by the small shops selling stuffs like apples, nifty cuckoo clocks and stuff and even a shop that sells enchanted weapons. 

 

Suho was just rolling by himself minding his own business as he looks left and right, his stomach grumbled as he looks at a breadshop. feeling really hungry as he drooled at the smell of fresh bread, he sat down rubbing his stomach. he noticed that a little girl was looking at him, he tried to hint the girl to look away from her but she just smiled at Suho's sillyness

 

Suho decided to continue on walking, he realized there was no use at sulking over a loaf of bread. Suho then stumbles upon a beautiful tower, it was a twin tower made out of gold from the looks of it,

 

As he went near the monumental structure, a priest spots him and immediately bowed down till his head banged to the ground "My lord, he, Poseidon, the ruler of the seas, the bringer of the storm, the creator of waves, the god of water, praise be upon him" and the others noticed the priest's action and others soon followed as everyone bowed down to him. 

 

Suho urges the priest to stand up and he said "are you in charge of this marvel?" as he looks at the towering structure. "Aye my lord, this be the towers of Time and Space, a temple dedicated to the great Gods, Yunho and Changmin, Chronos and Chaos" Suho enters the building, he was shocked to see the beauty of the temple. Suho walks to the center of the building and there the skylight glass dome emanates the light from the sun.

 

the priest approaches Suho and said "My lord, i assume you have never heard of the about the Great Gods of Time and Space" and Suho nods in agreement. "My lord the story goes like this, long ago, the 3rd march of the Gods was sent down by the great one after the great tragedy, the two remaining gods was ascended to the throne of the great gods, they attain the identity of Chronos and Chaos, two beings without each other may end existence as we know it. this temple was built upon her majesty's request to honor them, everyday our prayers were sent to this temple and the temple connects us with the two great Gods"

 

Suho further asks the priest "how did the darkness came into being?" the priest said "darkness must always exist, it is the balance of life, whenever light is shone onto an object that objects forms a shadow, the saying goes like this, when it is still morning, the shadow is not huge as the sun is close to the horizon still but when it is mid-day, the sun is right above our heads and our shadow gets larger and larger and when it's night, the shadow is everywhere that doesn't mean the night is evil now does it, the only problem with the darkness is not how huge or how powerful it is but how it is used, the darkness is a power source equal to light but unlike light, darkness can be given to anyone freely while light, all the greatest of hearts can wield it in their hands"

 

Suho then asks "why is it hard to remove it?" and the priest said "the darkness that embraces evil is so hard to be remove cause it is unremovable, you see my lord, the darkness is in different forms, greed, passion, lust and so on, as long as those dwarfs and elves and others have a need to mate, buy stuff and so on, darkness will exist, you cannot remove it, you can merely weaken it" and he asks "why is Taeyeon unable to defeat the darkness?" and Taeyeon barges in the conversation and said "because i am of purity, darkness and me are two entities which must not be with each other"

 

After putting much thought, during the dinner while eating with the princess, Suho finally makes a decision "Princess Taeyeon, i will fight for you and for the people of Antheia and to also protect Avalon" Taeyeon smiles at what Suho said, "why the sudden change of heart?" and Suho said "I realize how beautiful this place is but.." he paused "how am i suppose to help you if i myself cannot be what i am said to be?" the princess munches on her cookies as she said "i know you would say that, the art of aquamancer is something a lot of wizards can do but being a god of water is something only you can do, i will help you and i know someone who can also help you"
 


How is the story going so far? well the next chapter will be a Chanyeol story so be ready alright

i based Suho's adventure from Celtic lore and some other Anglo myths, Suho is basically the King Arthur of Antheia