Chapter 6

Drop It On Me

'Where's your school? I'll come pick you up.'

 

Jiyong stared at the text message he just got from Seunghyun, then quickly replied: 'you have nothing better to do?' He smiled as it sent, then sent another message with the school name shortly after.

 

“Who's that?” Seungri asked, scuttling up to sit next to Jiyong. “That smile on your face tells me it's someone special~”

 

“Shut up, none of your business,” Jiyong muttered, trying to push the younger one away. “Why are you even here again?” School had just ended, and he had class duties to perform but Seungri joined in an attempt to distract him or something of the sort.

 

Because, hyung!” Seungri whined and pouted. “You said we would hang out today after school before you go to work..”

 

“Well, I'm a bit busy at the moment. And I'm not free after this either, sorry.” Jiyong didn't give a glance at Seungri while he marked down some notes on a piece of paper for school. Seungri whined some more, but Jiyong's phone buzzed and he took it out to read Seunghyun's message: 'I told you I'd start babysitting you.. (^_^) I'm almost there, you ready?'

 

Jiyong scoffed, amused at the use of the emoticon, and immediately abandoned his work to reply. Seungri stuck his tongue out at the red head and jumped up off his seat. “I see I'm not as important as whoever you're texting, so I'm leaving! Bye!”

 

“Ah yeah, see you,” Jiyong said distractedly, his focus on sending the message. He hurriedly finished up with the papers in front of him and went to give it in to the teacher. When he was outside, he could spot Seunghyun's car parked a little while ahead and jogged over to it.

 

Seunghyun was talking to someone on the phone, so Jiyong quietly let himself into the car. “You want to come over today? Can't you hold it off a bit?” Seunghyun was saying quickly, and he gave Jiyong a glance and hastily smiled. “Yeah, sorry. I know it's been a while– I already made plans for tonight.. Alright, bye.” He hung up and put his phone away, exhaling while he ran his fingers through his hair.

 

“Hi?” Jiyong tried.

 

“Yeah, hey,” Seunghyun said, giving him attention now. He smiled, and Jiyong started feeling something uncomfortable in his stomach, but it wasn't a bad feeling.

 

“I don't have work until later.. So what are you gonna do with me now?” Jiyong crossed his arms, pretending to be impatient.

 

“Give some more respect to your hyung.” Seunghyun pouted. “And all I wanted to do was spend some free time with you..”

 

Jiyong flushed. Seunghyun was still staring at him, so he desperately turned his head away to look out the window, swearing in his head. “Hm, fine. Treat me to something.”

 

Seunghyun didn't reply, but started the car and drove. Jiyong felt much too nervous to look at the older man again, so he kept his eyes glued on the road. What was wrong with him lately? He just wanted to see Minji again and feel like a regular, healthy boy. Jiyong sighed deeply without thinking, and Seunghyun gave him a questioning look.

 

“Hey. Am I bothering you with this? If you don't want me to-”

 

“No! That's not it!” Jiyong quickly said. “I don't mind you bringing me to places, hyung..”

 

Seunghyun smiled, seeming pleased with his answer. He pulled into a parking lot, then got out with Jiyong, who was wondering where they were off to. The boy followed Seunghyun up a street until they stopped by a frozen yogurt shop.

 

“Ah! I've been meaning to go here. It just opened up, didn't it?” Jiyong said excitedly, grabbing onto the other's arm without thinking.

 

Seunghyun grinned at the reaction and nodded. “It's my first time here too. I've heard it's pretty good.” They walked in together, and unexpectedly Seunghyun was the one to start dragging Jiyong over to the flavors after getting their cups to dump the contents in.

 

“Oh yeah, you like sweets don't you?” Jiyong vaguely remembered how Seunghyun had been whining about needing ice cream when they were at the water park. The older flashed him a sheepish smile before starting to choose his flavors, seeming to know just what to get. Jiyong chuckled softly, taking a longer time deciding his own sweet flavors, then went up to pay when Seunghyun took the cup for him.

 

“My treat today, remember?” Seunghyun paid for the two cups while Jiyong watched, some awe appearing noticeable on his face since Seunghyun gave him a look. “What, didn't you want me to do this?”

 

“N-No.. You just seem really cool paying for frozen yogurt too, somehow,” Jiyong admitted, taking back his cup and trying a taste of it after they sat down at a small table. “Mm~”

 

“How can you call me cool after getting to know me?” Seunghyun swallowed some of his own yogurt happily, and Jiyong had to acknowledge that the man did indeed seem like a cute kid in a strange way. There was something in the man's eyes and cheekbones when he smiled that didn't match the cool aura he seemed to give off unwillingly.

 

“Your personality is fine, but..your eyes are scary,” Jiyong scoffed. Seunghyun raised an eyebrow at him.

 

“In a good way, seeing as I'm 'cool.'” The older man reached out and scooped some of Jiyong's frozen yogurt in his spoon, putting it in his mouth before Jiyong could stop him. The boy made a sound of disapproval and took a bit of Seunghyun's food to get back at him.

 

When the two were close to emptying their cups, Jiyong checked the time and quickly stood up. “Wah, how is it this time already?!” Seunghyun stood up with him and went to throw away the cups before following the student, who was already hurrying out the store.

 

“I'm sorry, I didn't keep track.. Are you gonna be late?” Seunghyun asked with concern when they got into the car.

 

“I think we'll be okay if there's no traffic...” Jiyong sighed and buckled in. He gave Seunghyun a reassuring smile. “I wouldn't be mad at you even if I was late anyway.. I had a good time, hyung.”

 

The older man returned the smile smugly. “That's good. Maybe I'll be able to drive you to work for the rest of the week. Daesung doesn't care if I'm late– I already do it often.” He ended with a soft chuckle. “Ah, and when your shift ends.. Stop by the cafe again?”

 

“Of course!” Jiyong answered happily.

 

--

 

Jiyong had his head rested on his table lazily, watching Seunghyun and Daesung treat some customers out of the corner of his eye. The homework he'd been working on was sprawled out in front of him, mostly completed. After a few minutes had passed, Seunghyun approached him, putting his large hand on Jiyong's head and ruffling his hair lightly, in which the boy grumbled softly in return.

 

“You want me to bring you home?”

 

Jiyong looked up and nodded. “If it's not a bother..”

 

“Just wondering, but do you have a curfew or anything?” Seunghyun asked, taking his hand off and sitting down on the empty chair besides Jiyong.

 

Jiyong raised his head slightly to give the other a curious look. “Not really. I do have school tomorrow though, so my parents will want me home early enough, but they won't go crazy.” He shrugged. Seunghyun looked like he was about to say something else, but then shut his mouth, shaking his head. Jiyong frowned and poked the older's shoulder. “What is it? Do you wanna do something with me?” He immediately blushed when he thought how provocative his wording sounded, but Seunghyun seemed unfazed by it, and he figured it was just him thinking too much.

 

“It's nothing.. I was just wondering what I should get for someone, but I can handle it with Daesung. And besides, you still have to finish your homework.” Seunghyun looked over Jiyong's homework, noticing the multiple unanswered questions.

 

“Hyung~!” Jiyong whined lightly. “Tell me, I can help you! The homework's nearly done anyway.”

 

Seunghyun was hesitating, but then shook his head firmly again. “No. I'll bring you home soon.”

 

Jiyong huffed angrily when Seunghyun returned to Daesung again behind the counter and picked up his pencil, only to scribble randomly on the corner of his paper.

 

--

 

The next few days passed by normally, but Jiyong woke up nervously on the last working day for Seunghyun and Daesung. Although Seunghyun had already invited him to his place that weekend, Jiyong felt saddened to know that he wouldn't be able to go to work in Seunghyun's car anymore, rapping along to songs with the guy. He wouldn't have a hang out area anymore after work either.

 

Jiyong left a disgruntled Youngbae at work when his shift was over, hurriedly going into the cafe. He was almost immediately hugged by Seunghyun and stumbled back in surprise, but the man clung onto him. “Aish, just like a monkey!” Jiyong cried out, giggling and deciding to hug the other back. Their bodies pressed together warmly, and Jiyong suddenly felt uncomfortable. Maybe he was embarrassed?

 

They finally pulled apart when Daesung greeted Jiyong cheerfully. “Jiyong-ah! What's up?”

 

“Hey!” Jiyong returned the guy's bright smile. “I'm gonna miss you guys.”

 

“Don't worry, come over to Seunghyun's place often,” Daesung said, wrapping an arm around Jiyong's shoulders and gesturing towards Seunghyun. “His place is great for a hangout I swear, but for some reason he rarely brings people over. I'm probably his only friend who can go in and out as I please,” he said smugly.

 

“Ah, really? Does that mean I'm special then, since he invited me over?” Jiyong grinned at the taller man, who scratched the back of his neck awkwardly.

 

“He did?” Daesung looked surprised. “When? I'll come over!”

 

“Tomorrow,” Seunghyun spoke up. “Sure you can come, I'm picking Jiyong up sometime in the afternoon.”

 

Jiyong felt a little disappointed that it wasn't going to be just him and Seunghyun, but he quickly shook the thought away. Daesung was good company after all.

 

Jiyong decided to stay at the store until it was time to close down, and although he felt a certain longing to stay even longer, the two men seemed absolutely pleased that they were now free from work.

 

“I'll see you tomorrow!” Seunghyung called out the car window after dropping the red head home. Jiyong waved at him, once again feeling a strange sensation in his stomach. He's only my hyung.. Jiyong told his mind sternly while watching the black car zoom off.

 

--

 

Jiyong made sure his appearance was good for the tenth time while waiting for Seunghyun to arrive at his house the next day. His hair wasn't gelled up, rather it was much like the time he went to the water park, and he spent a good few minutes wondering if he should style it or not.

 

He heard a car honk outside, signaling Seunghyun's arrival, and Jiyong quickly picked up his bag before going out to greet the older man.

 

“What's the bag for?” Seunghyun asked with vague curiosity while he started to drive to his place.

 

“You'll see later~” A smile traced Jiyong's lips as he glanced at the bag, which had Seunghyun's sweater inside. When they arrived at Seunghyun's house, Jiyong couldn't help but gape at the large building. It wasn't unbelievably big, but he'd been expecting the guy to be living in an apartment or something. “You live alone?” Jiyong asked, following the other into the house nervously.

 

“Yeah. Sometimes my sister likes to stay over though, so she has her own room.”

 

Jiyong could definitely believe that- the house seemed like it would have too many rooms for just one person anyway. It was extremely clean as he looked around, causing him to raise his eyebrows questioningly at the other. “Does your sister help you clean? Or are you just a neat freak?”

 

“Well, I do like to keep things clean.. But nah, I have someone else help me sometimes.” Seunghyun shrugged and walked into his living room, gesturing to a big couch. “Sit here, or whatever. I'm gonna go get some refreshments.”

 

Jiyong nodded and sat down, enjoyably sinking into the material. While Seunghyun was gone, he looked around curiously, noticing some objects on a table to the side. There was a girl's necklace laid out on it, and he assumed it belonged to Seunghyun's sister. The next thing he observed was a standing picture frame, and he immediately recognized Seunghyun standing tall in a suit. Jiyong's eyes bored into the man's figure before sliding it over to the girl next to him, whose arm was linked with Seunghyun's. She was extremely pretty– probably model status just like the man beside her. She had a short, formal dress on and long, straight red hair. The color was similar to Jiyong's almost.

 

Seunghyun came back and laid out a tray on another table in front of the couch with two cups and some small cakes on it.

 

“Hyung..” Jiyong called, still staring at the picture. “Who's this?”

 

Seunghyun sat down next to the smaller boy, looking at where he was staring. “Oh, that's my girlfriend.”

 

“Aah, she's pretty..” Jiyong said in a small voice, before turning away from the picture to grab for his drink. The feeling wasn't in his stomach now, but in his chest, and it was much more uncomfortable than before.

 

 

-----
A/N: I'M SORRYYYY FOR THE SLOW UPDATE. ;A; I SWEAR I FORGOT HOW TO WRITE idk how you guys be subscribing to this lol (seriously tho thanks <33)
But you guys probably hate me for that ending...ahem -rolls away-