Chapter 1

Drop It On Me

Jiyong quickly changed out of his uniform and into new clean clothes, checking himself out in the mirror. Approving of his fashionable appearance, he ran downstairs where he found his sister and mom watching TV.

 

“Are you sure they're going to like you with that red hair of yours?” Jiyong's mom asked for the 10th time.

 

Jiyong rolled his eyes in return. “They've already seen me plenty of times and they still accepted me, don't worry! I look good anyway.” Jiyong glanced at his hair in another nearby mirror, making sure it hadn't been messed up during school.

 

“Aish, he cares more about his appearance than I do,” Jiyong's sister muttered. Jiyong told her to shut up and went outside in high spirits. He finally got a part-time job at a clothes store- quite easily too, for one glance at the boy and anyone could tell he knew his fashion. The store wasn't too big, as it was placed in a mall. Although he had to use the bus to get himself there, his mom allowed it since he'd be using his own money for the fare soon enough anyway.

 

Jiyong got into the mall 10 minutes before his shift, and eagerly walked to the store. He noticed a few female shoppers glance his way, giving him confidence. Looking around at the stores, he wondered where he'd go during breaks. Immersed in his thoughts, Jiyong bumped into someone and stumbled to the side in shock, but managed not to fall.

 

“S-Sorry,” Jiyong apologized, looking up at the taller man he'd bumped into. His eyes widened slightly; he was sure he'd just bumped into a model, or maybe even a new K-pop idol or something. His clothes and bag looked expensive, and his light brown hair was styled neatly upwards.

 

“It's okay, I wasn't looking at where I was going,” the man said in a deep voice. He had sharp, handsome features in his face. Jiyong almost felt envy; whilst he was pleased with his own looks, he always felt he could have been born a bit more manlier at least.

 

“Same here,” Jiyong replied, giving a weak smile. He glanced at his watch and gave a departing nod at the tall man. “Well, gotta go, sorry again!” Jiyong wondered if the man really was some sort of important status that deserved to give an autograph or picture out, but he was forgotten as Jiyong neared his destination.

 

“Jiyong-ah!” A familiar voice called out when Jiyong entered the store.

 

“Hey Youngbae!” Jiyong grinned at his now co-worker. He'd met the guy a couple times in his previous visits, and soon found out that Youngbae went to his school. It was surprising that they'd been in the same grade for three years but never talked to each other when they both stood out so much and were considered 'popular' in their school. Jiyong supposed they were just never given chances to know each other until then.

 

“Excited?” Youngbae asked, leading Jiyong to the counter. Jiyong grinned at him and nodded. He was glad to be able to work with his new friend; it gave him a sense of comfort, even if he was outgoing enough to be fine by himself.

 

“No one will even be able to tell you’re new here,” Youngbae said, looking at Jiyong’s outfit. “You really are the fashionista…”

 

Jiyong chuckled and lightly pushed the mohawk boy out of the way to stand himself in front of the counter.

 

--

 

When Jiyong got home, it was already dark out. He was worried if he’d be able to get his homework done before passing out from exhaustion. Youngbae had told him he’d get used to the work soon enough so that he wouldn’t feel so tired anymore, but Jiyong hoped that soon would actually be soon. Although he wasn’t the best student, Jiyong liked to do well in school in order to keep his reputation up amongst the students and the teachers.

 

After taking a shower and hastily doing his homework, Jiyong dropped down on his bed. Before succumbing to sleep, his mind curiously went back to that tall, brown-haired man, whom he hadn’t thought about at all since their accidental meeting. He drifted off to sleep with the image of the man’s piercing eyes in his mind.

 

--

 

“Don’t eat so fast!” Jiyong’s mother scolded. “I told you to get that job in the summer.. Now here you are, waking up late,” she murmured, shaking her head.

 

Jiyong swallowed the last of his egg and gulped down his water quickly. “I’m just not used to it yet,” Jiyong snapped back. He ran out the house and walked quickly to his school, rubbing his eyes as they met the bright early sun.

 

On the way, he noticed another boy in his school’s uniform with slightly messed up hair. Jiyong smiled and approached him. “Hey, Seungri.”

 

Seungri looked at him in the midst of a yawn, then blinked a bit. “Oh, hyung! You wake up late too, huh?” The dark circles under his eyes looked noticeably darker.

 

Jiyong raised an eyebrow at his appearance. “What have you been doing?”

 

Seungri sighed slightly at the question. “Girlfriend. She was crying over some friend nonsense last night.” He frowned grumpily, causing Jiyong to laugh lightly and pat his back reassuringly. “You worked yesterday, right?” Seungri changed the topic, looking at Jiyong expectantly.

 

Jiyong began going over how it went, knowing Seungri had gotten interested in part-time jobs ever since Jiyong said he might get one. His dongsaeng was really so cute sometimes, always following his footsteps.

 

The two parted when they entered the school and made plans to meet at lunch. Jiyong flew up the stairs to the third floor before the bell could ring.

 

--

 

The girl was quite cute, really. Jiyong smiled down at his admirer, who flushed and handed him a pink envelope. “Bye!” She squeaked and ran away. Jiyong looked after her in amusement and not bothering to open the letter, turned around to look for Youngbae and Seungri.

 

The two didn't know each other yet, but he already made them meet at the same spot for lunch, and he thought they might feel awkward if he wasn't around. However, when Jiyong reached their meeting spot behind the school building, Youngbae and Seungri were laughing cheerfully together. Jiyong smiled and approached them.

 

“Ah, there it is!” Seungri pointed excitedly at the envelope in Jiyong's hand. “I told you, he was getting a confession!” The boy nudged Youngbae in the rib with his elbow, causing him to chuckle and push Seungri away. “Our hyung is really the most popular~”

 

Jiyong grinned and shrugged. “Don't you two get this kind of stuff often too though?” He waved the pink envelope in front of them and opened it, pulling out an overly cutely decorated paper, with multicolored writing on it.

 

“I used to get a few, but not so much now,” Youngbae perked up. Seungri looked at him questioningly, and Youngbae smiled, embarrassed. “I'm no good with girls, I get too shy..”

 

Seungri laughed loudly at him, patting Youngbae's back. “It's okay hyung, you're the type who has lots of secret admirers. And stalkers,” he added for special effect. Youngbae shuddered at the thought. “Me on the other hand, I'm taken so the girls don't come anymore~ They flood whenever I break up though!” Seungri grinned.

 

Jiyong rolled his eyes and put the letter back in the envelope, having read it. He decided he'd turn her down if she ever showed up in front of him again. Going out of his way to look for a girl to reject her seemed more cruel, in his opinion. While he enjoyed the attention he got, he never really fell in love. He dated plenty of girls in the past, but they never lasted long before Jiyong got tired.

 

“The girls are gonna go crazy when they see the three of us all together,” Seungri said, smirking.

 

--

 

After school Jiyong and Youngbae made it to work together, since their houses were in similar directions and they changed clothes on the way.

 

“My shift's a bit shorter than yours,” Youngbae said, “but you'll probably be able to get a break today.” Jiyong nodded in understanding. “Don't go watching movies or something, we've had workers do that before.”

 

“Really? Don't worry, I'll just eat or something.”

 

Jiyong was putting a few shirts in their right places when he was told he could have his break a little big longer, since it was a weekday and not many customers were there that day. Jiyong cheerfully left the store with his stomach grumbling.

 

He had barely stepped a few feet away when he heard a deep voice call out from the side. “Try our great coffee!” Jiyong curiously looked towards the voice, and stopped shortly. It was the same tall man from the previous day, still in expensive-looking clothes and holding a cup of coffee. He noticed Jiyong's stare and smiled.

 

“Fancy seeing you here again,” he said.

 

Jiyong blinked and laughed softly, approaching him. “You remembered me, huh? Did I bump into you that hard?”

 

The man shook his head and pointed to Jiyong's hair. “I thought your hair was cool. And you kind of stand out, like a K-pop idol,” he chuckled deeply. Jiyong was taken aback seeing as he'd thought the same thing for the other.

 

“You work here?” Jiyong asked, gesturing a hand to the small cafe behind the man, who nodded. “Thought you'd work for something more..well, bigger. Actually, I thought you were a model.”

 

The taller man shrugged. “Lots of people think that. My sister's a model so she tends to force me to take care of my looks.” He laughed and ran his fingers through his hair. “Modeling isn't really..my area of expertise,” he said.

 

Jiyong found it ironic since the guy damn well looked good at that moment. He smiled and took the cup out of the man's hand, taking a sip since it seemed full and untouched. Jiyong swallowed and exaggeratedly smacked his lips. “Pretty good! I work right next door, you know. Maybe I'll come here during breaks.”

 

“Please do,” the man said, raising his eyebrows.

 

 

-----
A/N: aughh i am so nervous posting this up lolol ;__; sorry for the dull first chap!