Plan B (Sehun)

In His Arms

Sehun didn’t know what to do with his life anymore. His grandmother always told him that he had to find something to live for, a motivation. But, honestly, Sehun couldn’t find a good thing about the world.

Well, except his grandmother. The only person he could trust and count on was that elderly woman. She was the only one who sincerely cared for his well-being. Even his parents left him, saying they were “busy making money for the family.” As if. He knew his dad was swimming in a pool of debt from gambling, and his mom was throwing herself at a multitude of (older and richer) men.

He just felt like he was a waste of space. He wasn’t smart and had no talents. He had nothing to contribute to the world, and it depressed him. He didn’t show it to his grandmother, who was oblivious to her grandchild’s nature.

Sehun had tried really hard to provide for his grandmother, but she had other children who would be willing to take care of her, which was why he had left a letter on the table that morning to explain why she wouldn’t be able to see him anymore after that day.

After brainstorming for awhile, he decided being hit by a fast-moving automobile might be the least suspicious way to die. He walked to a somewhat busy road and stood by the edge of the sidewalk, waiting for the perfect timing. He saw a speeding car coming down the road, inviting him to meet it in the middle.

He stood on the road, waiting. He realized how he was blowing his cover by just standing there, but who cared. He closed his eyes, apologizing to his grandmother in his head.

“Forgive m—“

Something hit against his body. And then he heard the screeching of the brakes from yards away.

That’s odd. He should be dead.

He opened his eyes and realized someone had saved him. He was disappointed and a little angry, but he had back-up plans.

He started to walk away, but the stranger kept tagging along, asking questions. Being nosy.

“I’m Baekhyun, by the way. You?”

Sehun ignored him. Like whatever-his-name (sounded a lot like ‘bacon’ to him) really cared.

Plan B: jump off the bridge.

He couldn’t afford letting this man ruin his plans again, so he tried to shoo him away. He pointed in the other direction, making it clear he did not want his piece of bacon following him around. When Sehun made sure the other guy left, he walked up the bridge.

It was not a long walk, so Sehun got to the middle of the bridge in no time. Because of its round shape, the bridge had a “peak” at the middle, which Sehun hoped would be high enough for his plan to work.

In all honesty, he had no clue what he was doing. He didn’t even know if he was ready to die. Maybe he was meant to do more than this. Maybe he was made to achieve great things. Maybe his time was coming soon.

He shook those thoughts out of his head. He had been disappointed enough. He had enough of this life. He gathered all the courage he had and put a leg over the rail. He took a deep breath and jumped a little to get his whole body over.

Instead of crashing into the arms of death, he found himself in the arms of Mr. Bacon.

“What are you doing!? Who do you think you are!? Let go of me!” Now Sehun was angry. He was furious at this man for ruining everything.

The stranger kept muttering “no” to himself, shaking his head and not letting go of Sehun. It was all very uncomfortable. They were not even sitting on the pavement in a comfortable position and having this stranger, a man on top of that, holding him was too much for him to handle.

It felt like hours later (at least to Sehun) when the man decided to let go. Probably thought his anger had died down.

“You hungry?” Mr. Bacon asked. Now that he thought about it, Sehun was really hungry. He could feel his stomach whining and complaining.

He decided to let go of his pride for a moment to nod and tell him, yes, he was indeed hungry.

“When…When was the last time you ate?”

Sehun had to think for awhile. His grandmother had cooked him food, but Sehun had locked himself in his room, refusing to eat. It had been days since the last time he had anything. That was one of his plans: starving himself to death.

“A few days ago, maybe. I don’t know.”

“Come on. I’ll get you something to eat.”

Sehun was surprised. He had just met this man maybe an hour ago, and here he was, offering to feed Sehun, as if saving—and ruining—his life wasn’t enough.

When they got to his apartment, Sehun saw that he lived alone in a small place, large enough for the both of them. He sat down on the couch, looking around, taking in details about the apartment.

“You can stay in the guest room. Go wash up. I’ll cook us some ramyun,” the other man said from the kitchen. He nodded in the direction of the bathroom and then in the direction of the guest room.

Sehun didn’t like this at all. He didn’t want this man to prove to him that maybe the world wasn’t as cruel as he thought it was.