Chapter9: Assets

North and South Poles


Location: Shizen Academy Rm. 405

First Day of Camp

She finally reached the fourth floor. Knowing she is having a roommate bugs her. She has never slept with someone in the same room, not even his brother get to sleep with her. The fact that this roommate is a complete stranger makes her feel wary that he may find out about her true identity.

The clerk smiled warmly and welcomed her to the dorm. As she told her who she is, the clerk suddenly pinched her cheek making her wonder if all clerks in this building are weird. The first one was forgetful and this one is a bit exaggerating on things.

Chiyo: Pleased to meet you! I’m Chiyo. Oh! I never thought it was you, Fujii-kun… you look a bit different from the video I saw.

Mina: Video? Mom made a video audition? So that’s why she was randomly carrying a videocam weeks ago…

Chiyo: I’ve mistaken you for a girl until Mr. Kim told me that you’re a boy. I guess cameras have that effect… seeing you personally changed all of it. I’m pretty sure lots of girls are swooning at your feet right now. Don’t forget me when you’re famous already ne?

Mina: I don’t know if I will be pleased or insulted at her comment but I do hope our genders are exchanged… I’ve never been praised like that before… that Shino, always has to look beautif--… so that means, no one will suspect me as a girl! *grins to self*

She is now confident that her disguise is flawless. Not even her roommate will suspect her! As she goes inside the room, she sees a guy checking himself in the mirror. She laid her things on the floor while taking her hood and started to greet him with a bow.

Mina: Pleased to meet you, I’m Fu… ji…Shi…Ehh?

She stopped on her tracks as a very familiar face registered in her mind… this guy was the one who she bumped with at school and the one who roughly pulled her off the street… this guy… those eyes… that look… He’s definitely…

Mina: *points an accusing finger* Y-Y---ou’re that… Haunting Eyes! ... You’re one of JAEJIN’s brothers, right??

Hongki: Fujii-kun… eh?

He was surprised to see her too or rather him. She didn’t know what she had felt at that moment as soon as those scrutinizing eyes met hers. It’s as if he was breaking her disguise right then and there when her cheeks flushed a bit of pink. She looked away while trying to regain herself and make him believe she is Shino and not the one he knows. This guy cannot ruin everything. She has to do this act without flaw.

Mina: Sorry, I thought you are also a coordinator… I…I… I was surprised to see… Huh? Why is he chuckling? Am I in a wrong place again? Damn that Rika-san!

Hongki: I think you’re in a wrong room… Fujii-kun… or rather Fujii-chan… *approaches Mina*

Mina: Eh?...W-when did he become so close to me? I swear I can smell his minty fresh breath! His using his size in dominating my space!

Thud! As Hongki comes closer to Mina, she backs away until her back came in contact with the wall or whatever that is that stopped her from backing away. Her mind was not functioning well…

Mina: Ff-fu-jiiiii—CHAN??? *tries to be insulted by calling her in a girlish nickname* Do I look like I’m a girl to you?

She managed to make a glare. He stopped coming closer. A smirk escaped his lips. That damn smirk is the sole reason to her panda eyes… He knows? How did he know? No… this can’t be happening!! She was out of reasons on how he found out. He was leaning in closer with his nose just mere inches to her. She closed her eyes and thinks of a retort but was interrupted when his hand pulled something from her hair that made her squeak in short pain.

Hongki: Boys don’t wear hairclips with pink ribbon designs.

Mina: MY HAIRCLIP! Hey, they can wear headbands too! That doesn’t mean they aren’t man enou— *instinctively closes her eyes very slowly just like how she can feel his breath on her*

Hongki: They don’t stutter and blush when they talk… and they… *instantly brought his face very close to her while whispering to her ear* don’t close their eyes when another boy is right infront of them face to face.

Mina just stands like a statue digesting his words. She is defeated in this battle. No words escaped her as he walks away from her. He was on his way to the door preparing to go out making it seem like nothing ever happened. He looked her way.

Hongki: Yo Fujii! Prepare your things.

Does this mean she is going to be expelled? No! It doesn’t have to end now! She tries to stop him from telling the truth as she calls him but her clumsy foot just has to be tangled by one of the straps of her bag.

Mina: Hey, wait..ahh!

She waited for the impact but she just felt arms supporting her from falling. They are strong and assuring but his hand also had to be accidentally in the most unwanted place. She didn’t know what to feel. She should be thankful to him for saving her but she was furious and embarrassed at the same time as different shades of red colored her cheeks. He too was embarrassed of what he did as he quickly released his hold on her but he tried to hide the blush that crept on his cheeks. It was an awkward moment. Finally, he was able to break the silence.

Hongki: I guess you can’t separate the word clumsy from Fujii… *chuckles* The first lesson is about to begin. Please prepare your stuff. I’m sorry. I think I have made a mistake. My name’s Hongki… Pleased to meet you … Fujii-kun!

His signature smirk is at it again and he closes the door leaving a bewildered Mina behind.

Mina: So does that mean … wait… he believes I’m a boy now because I’m FLAT?????????

She may still have a chance to stay here longer. Thanks to her assets on being a boy….

==Chapter9 end==