Chapter5:Memories

North and South Poles


Location: Fujii Mina’s house

Mina: *mutters to herself* Ahhhh!!! That bastard! Why can’t I forget his eyes! I can’t sleep!

As soon as she closes her eyes, she always sees his intense eyes gazing at her. It’s as if they were asking her if she’s alright but then reprimands her on being so clumsy all the time. Within a short span of time, those brownish black orbs held so much emotion and with a single wink all vanished away as they become dull again. It was a rough pull but it was a gentle hold as if she is fragile that with a little force could possibly break into pieces. The way he arched his eyebrows accompanied by the smirk made her curious as to what he was thinking that time. No it weren’t just his eyes that caught her attention but his last remark before leaving her.

Mina: *imitates Guy1* see you, Clumsy Fujii! Argh!!! *remembers the playful smirk that graced his lips* AHHHH!!!!!

Tsukiko: *opens door to Mina’s room* Mina! Are you having a nightmare again?

Mina: I wanted to sleep but can’t.

Tsukiko: I’ll prepare some warm milk. It will help you relax and you’ll sleep for sure. *goes out*

Mina: *talks to herself again* I want to sleep but it’s his eyes which haunt me. Gah! And his menacing smirk… Ok… Mina, relax… You’ll count snails till you sleep got it?

She starts counting snails from a picture or nature framed on her wall. It has a positive effect since her eyes began to droop but as she counted the next snail, it is near a snake that is facing directly at her as if it was smirking. She recalled his smirk and words again which is echoing in her thoughts.

Mina: NOOO!!

====

Location: Boys Dormitory

A pair of dull eyes watches the radiance of the full moon as its light reaches the room. A blank pad of paper and a pencil lay near the bed. The door creaks open as a built man’s silhouette is shown.

GUY2: You’re still awake?

GUY1: Can’t sleep.

GUY2: Can I borrow your charger?  Minhwan is using mine because he let Nicole use his charger.

GUY1: It’s in the left side of the drawer.

GUY2: Thanks. Hm, I’m surprised you didn’t sign up for the art workshop as one of the coordinators.

GUY1: I want to try writing stuffs again. *grabs the paper and pencil and started to sketch*

GUY2: Got an inspiration, ne? Goodnight pabo! *leaves the room*

Those same eyes stay focused on the moon, recalling the events that happened this day. A smile graced his lips as he finished a facial portrait of a girl with a messy hair and cute but confused expression staring directly at him. She isn’t the most beautiful thing in the world but his memories of her will always be cherished.

Flashback…

Location: Prep school

Little Boy: Fujii, wait up! I have something for you. *handed a small sized brown box*

Little Mina: Satoshi-kun! What’s this?

Little Boy: Open it when you’re about to sleep, ok! *smiles and walks away*

Little Mina: *curious as to what the gift might be* What could this be?

Little Guy1: *appears out of nowhere and snatches the box* you’re right, what could this be? A cute stuffed toy or …

Little Mina: Give me that! It’s mine.

Little Guy1: Oh really? How about we trade! I’ll exchange your box for something.

Little Mina: Something? Like what?

*CHUUUU~~ <3 was all heard*

Little Guy1: See Ya!*runs as fast as he can away from Mina*

Little Mina is left standing with red chubby cheeks. Noticing the culprit taking her box away she shouts and chases him. He was able to escape from her vision and stopped at a little pond near the playground. He opened the box to free a brown toad adorned in crumbled test papers.

Little Guy1: Take care Mr. Toad! *sits on the ground and picks a blank paper and pencil* Let me give you a better gift! Hm… what’s your name again? *recalls the conversation he heard when Satoshi caught a brown frog and plans to play a trick on some unlucky girl* Fffu…Fu…Fujii!!

His age only proves his talent in the arts when he made a messy sketch of a blushing Mina touching her ample cheek. He almost consumed an hour sketching her making emphasis on her eyes and her shocked expression. Placing the finished draft inside, he then wrapped the box like it had never been opened. He was surprised to find her at the main gate of the school and amazed at her determination to never give up on getting back her box. She was blocking him with both her arms extended to the sides of her body. A cute pout on her pink lips made him smirk.

Little Mina: HEY YOU! WHERE’S MY BOX!?

Little Guy1: Here… it looks boring so I’ll return it to you. *comes closer to Mina and handed the box*

Little Mina: *hurriedly grabs the box and inspections it eyeing the boy* Did …you open it?

Little Guy1: *sticks his tongue out and starts to walk away from her*  see ya, Fujii-chan!

Little Mina: How does he know me? Who is he anyway ??

End Flashback…

GUY1: You didn’t thank me for saving you again… *places the sketch under his pillow* Goodnight Fujii…

==Chapter5 end==