|001

Seraph

              Jung Yunho, 27, was Seoul's wealthiest man as of today. Coming from a rich family, Yunho had to be safe because he was the only one who can be the next CEO of Jung Group of Companies. From the day he was born, he didn't go out of their home except for those times when he needed to attend a family gathering. He was home-studied thus making it hard for him to have friends outside.

              Today, Yunho was tired from the all-day work. He went to every meeting non-stop. He ate lunch at 4:00 and now, he was rushing to get home to have his dinner with his family. He was driving alone because, when he grew up, he decided to be independent and his parents agreed on this one. His cellphone buzzed, signalling that he received a message. It was from his mother.

To: Adeul

From: Omoni

Yunho-ah, are you on the way home? Be safe, neh?

To: Omoni

From: Adeul

Neh, omma. Gomawo~ I'm going home now, I'm on the way. Saranghae. <3

                Yunho grew up as a sweet and loving boy but he rarely says "saranghae" to anyone, not even to his parents. Somewhere in their house, his mom was confused, nevertheless feeling loved, because of Yunho's reply with a "saranghae" and a heart after it.

              The man put his cellphone aside and when he looked up, he was out of lane and a truck was approaching him and his car. A very bright light, from the truck maybe, blinded him and it made him crash to the other. Darkness engulfed him but not before whispering a soft "Saranghae, omma, appa." in the air.

ღღღღღღღღღღღღღღღღღღღღღღღღღღღღღღღღღღღღღღღღღღღღღღღღღღღღღღღღღღღღღღ

“God, let me see my guardian angel and let him be my companion for life.” 

               Waking up in the middle of the night with some stranger on the end of your bed was scary but not when you saw an angel. An angel was staring over Yunho. He was not sure if it was an angel but with the face of the man that he was seeing, he was sure that it was an angel.

               He remembered a Jewish Proverb which states,  “One should not stand at the foot of a sick person's bed, because that place is reserved for the guardian angel.”

              “So, I was sick? And this man was my guardian angel? God, you really heard my prayers, eh? Thank you Lord. Thank you!” Yunho told himself.

               “Hey, angel. What’s your name?” Yunho talked to the unnamed angel in his room. The angel looked shock, as if he was the one who saw a ghost.

                “You can see me? I don’t have any. Name me and I’ll acknowledge it,” the angel answered.

                Yunho nodded and thought for a few minutes.

               “Kim Jae Joong! Right! You should be named Jaejoong. It sounds angelic!” Yunho excitedly said.

               The now named angel, Kim Jaejoong, smiled and nodded. He had a name now. He’s called Jaejoong.

               “You should really smile around me, Jaejoong-ah! I feel so much better!” Yunho said and smiled at Jaejoong again.

            Yunho knew that he would never get tired of smiling for this angel. He had waited for so long to have a life-long companion who he was always asking from God, and now that he’s here, would he let him go? Definitely, no.

            Yunho was about to sit up when Jaejoong went near him and helped him up. Jaejoong was warm, Yunho felt it. His hold was warm and Yunho liked it.

               “You shouldn’t just move around, Yunho-ssi,” Jaejoong said which made Yunho frown.

               “Drop the –ssi, Jaejoong-ah. I knew that you’re there all along,” Yunho said and Jaejoong nodded cutely.

               Yunho was noisy when he met Jaejoong. He had stories of him since he was a baby; all of it was a story from his parents.

          “I-I think you should get some rest now, Yunho-ah. Tell me more of your stories tomorrow and uhhh..can you ask your parents for a vacation? Just for a month or two?” Jaejoong asked.

              “For you, I will. I’ll rest now! Rest too, okay?” Yunho smiled, again, at Jaejoong. He slept while Jaejoong was watching over him and singing a lullaby for him.