Chapter 1

World of Chances

I was crying so hard, I was in the balcony and was thinking of my exam.

"What should I do?"

I was so confused, the girl whom everybody knew failed an entrance exam for college, the girl who impressed her parents was totally in distress.

I turned around and leaned my back on the wall, I faced the sky and began thinking as I tried to stifle my cry.

"It's not the end of the world, just think of it as a mirage standing in front of you."

I sighed and walked back to my room. I lied on my bed then covered my face with the pillow. Until I drifted to sleep.

 

"Morning Jammie" Mom took her seat beside me while I lazily started my breakfast. "What's your plan for this summer?" she asked. She folded her arms on the table and continued staring.

"Sorry Mom but I got no plans." I got no energy for this conversation so without finishing my food, I stood up bade goodbye. "I'm going to Minam."

"But"

I was already outside so I didn't hear whatever she said. I went to the garage and grabbed my bike. I pedalled as fast as I could once I was on the road without thinking where I was really heading.

 

Not thinking of the time, I noticed that the sun was already setting, indicating that I had to go home unfortunately this ing rain started to pour down. It got stronger forcing me to stop in the shed. I sat down and dishevelled my hair.

"Why the hell should you come today!" I screamed like there's someone who could hear me. Little did I know that when I turned to my right, I saw a guy, no not a guy because he looked like an angel sitting next to the devil?

I returned the gaze he was giving. His eyes were rounded, his hair was blond, a little curly, and his face was just so I didn't know how to explain it.

"You looked stupid." It was his first remark that immediately changed my mood. I was terribly pissed off, that the thing I felt earlier was drained down to the trash bin. I got up and tried to compose myself from exploding to anger. I bit my lower lip.

"What did you say?" I asked creasing my forehead.

He arrogantly smiled. "I said you looked stupid."

"Have we met somewhere?" I asked out of nowhere just to ahm, nothing.

He shook his head. His hair bounced falling tiny drops of water in my arms. My heart skipped a beat the moment he set his eyes back to me. I was lost and couldn't remember any word to utter.

He stood up, making me move to the side.

"The rain stopped, and nice meeting you." A smile crept onto his lips, I was taken aback.

"Who's that guy?" I murmured.