Who gave you?

Gedunken

 

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!”

 

Streamers and confetti’s were suddenly flying everywhere as whistles, cheers and claps surrounded the room. Dara gasped at the scenario which made her cover as her eyes went teary. She tried her best to stop herself from tearing as the people around her were waiting for her next move. She dropped her hand to her side and bowed to the audience giving them her best smile.

 

“Thank you so much everyone”

 

She looked at her audience and saw most of her classmates. Even though she didn’t know them that much, she figured that Bom and Seungri had to invite the whole class which made her shake her head in disbelief. Her eyes roamed around the audience as she tried to look for the guy she has been itching to see.

 

Maybe he went outside for a minute?

 

Her lips slowly curved into a frown as she walked around trying to catch a glimpse of Taeyang. She went out as she wanted to escape everyone even for a short moment as disappointment enveloped her. Looking up at the sky and feeling the cold wind hit her body; tears were now beginning to form on the corner of her eyes.

 

He’s not here isn’t he?

 

“Come on Taeyang pick up the phone..”

 

She looked at the corner from which the voice came from and found a shadow holding on to his phone as he was tapping his left foot impatiently. Curiosity rose as she heard Taeyang’s name come from this guy so she slowly moved towards the shadow. It was probably because it was dark that Dara only realized that this shadow owns a blonde hair as she was now a few feet away from him.

 

“Pick the damn phone..”

 

She knew that eavesdropping (and basically standing behind) on this guy wasn’t really a bright idea as they don’t get along well but she was wondering as to who this guy was calling.

 

I’m pretty sure I heard him say Taeyang

 

She raised her left hand and extended it towards his back. Ready to poke his shoulder in order to gain his attention, she closed her eyes and moved her hand a little further.. further… and further and…

 

Wait… why am I not hitting him?

 

She moved her right hand forward as well trying to find the guy that was just standing there awhile ago with her eyes still close. Still not feeling his presence, she opened her eyes.

 

“What exactly are you trying to do princess?”

 

She jumped from her place as he was now standing beside her only a foot away.  He was no longer holding his phone but instead he has both of his arms crossed over his chest with a quizzical look on his face. She faced him and tried to gain back her composure but the warmth on her cheeks kept increasing.

 

Why do I always embarrass myself in front of him?

 

“I… I… You…” She said while playing with her fingers. GD had to suppress a smile coming as he saw how embarrassed the princess was.

 

“Look, even if it’s your birthday today that doesn’t mean I have to keep up with your antics” he chuckled as Dara’s face became redder.

 

“Yah!!! That’s not it! I.. heard you..”

 

“Taeyang. I think he can’t make it today… Something important must have come up” He finished as his smile turned into a frown. He looked at his side trying to avoid Dara’s eyes as he’s expecting her to go all teary now from disappointment.

 

He knows he really shouldn’t be bothered whether Dara and Taeyang would work out. But seeing her frown as her eyes roamed around the crowd made him feel bad for her knowing that she wouldn’t be able to find the person she’s looking for. He immediately went out and tried contacting his friends trying to ask whether something happened because as far as he knows (from their chat yesterday), Taeyang was supposedly here in HER party.  He looked to his side only to see Dara trying her best to keep her tears for herself. He was supposed to get annoyed at this scene as she was, yet again, the weak princess he has always hated but for some reason he felt his gut turn a little.

 

Damn. Don’t tell me I’m going soft for this princess

 

Silence enveloped the two as the faint booming of the music from inside Bom’s house can be heard. GD could already hear Dara sniff a little and he knew what that meant…

 

 

*poke*

 

 

Dara felt a small force on her forehead. She looked up only to see GD’s left index finger poking her forehead. She was stunned at GD’s action as she looked at his face trying to read through his eyes. It was only then that she noticed GD’s features as hate or fear didn’t overwhelm her emotions this time. His green eyes made him look mysterious while his blonde hair made him look like he was someone who had popped out of a fairytale book.

 

“What exactly are you trying to do narcissistic prince?” Imitating GD’s statement awhile ago as a small smile found its way to her lips.

 

His eyes widened as he realized what she has done. He withdrew his hand as he continued to stare at her.  His eyes narrowed as he searched a witty reply or insult back at her but Seungri came barging out from the house shouting Dara’s name.

 

Hey birthday girl! Why are you out here when the party’s inside? Come on!”

 

Seungri’s arm looped around Dara’s shoulders and began dragging her inside the house. Just before they were out of sight, Dara managed to look back at the clearly annoyed GD.

 

I win this time.

 

She did what every girl of her age would usually do… she stuck her tongue out to mock him.

 

What the hell?!

 



 

After a very tiring night, Dara entered Bom’s guestroom as she was staying for the night. She looked at the room and found stacks of presents on one corner. She smiled as it’s been awhile since she was able to celebrate her birthday with more than five people and getting this much presents wasn’t a yearly experience as well. She made her way towards the boxes and began opening them one by one.

 

Seungri gave her set of beautifully decorated sticky-notes with a matching pen. Bom gave her a black tube dress telling her that she should learn how to wear club outfits every once in awhile. Some of her classmates gave her accessories (which are usually colored pink or white) while others opted for musical books and sheets.

 

She thought she has opened everything but her eyes eventually landed on a small pink glittered box with what looked like a small tiara on it that acted as its ribbon. She looked around it but no card seemed to be attached. She slowly opened it only to be greeted by a note:

 

I’m sorry.

 

She took the piece of paper out revealing a pink butterfly pendant that gleamed everytime the light coming from her lampshade reflected on it. This was attached to a silver chain necklace that seemed to shine as well. She held on to the necklace as her head tilted here and there appreciating its beauty.

 

Who gave you?

 



 

Author's Note:

Who could've given Dara the necklace hmmm? :)) 

Hope you guys liked this chapter XD Feel free to comment and tell me your thoughts :D 

Next chapter: the search for the mysterious gift giver? or maybe not? XD