[Re-Update] Mysterious Hwayoung and "Depressed" Kai

Totally Lame but Impossibly Perfect

The next morning, you woke up with aching legs. *Stupid heels,* you thought miserably. Then you realized that you were in pajamas. Since being with Suho was the last thing you remembered, you were afraid that he had been the one to change you. Of course, you then realized another thing- you were in your own home. Sighing in relief, you wandered out to the kitchen to see your parents eating breakfast.

"Morning, baobao!" Your mother had recently started calling you that because she was beginning to become obsessed with Chinese dramas. You weren't complaining, because of course, EXO-M spoke Chinese and it was always fun to fangirl with your mother (even if you weren't fangirling over the same thing). "Last night, that boy, what was his name-"

"Joonmyun," your father interrupted.

Your mother nodded. "Yes, Joonmyun, he brought you back here. He seems like a nice boy, but I thought you were dating Kai?"

You shook your head. "Joonmyun is just a nice guy. An aquaintance, that's all," you explained. Your parents nodded and went back to eating breakfast. Sighing, you stumbled over to the table where you grabbed a piece of bread and nibbled on it as you thought of last night's events. When you finished breakfast, you slowly returned to your room to check your phone.

12 missed calls: Kai

8 new messages: Kai

4 unheard voice messages: Kai

Your phone rang again as you jumped up, and unsurprisingly, it was from Kai. Sighing, you let it ring until the call ended, bringing another missed call icon on your screen. You scrolled through the messages and rolled your eyes.

Suddenly, your phone rang again, but from an unknown number. Hesitantly, you picked up. "H-Hello? Who is this?"

"It's me!" The voice sounded familiar, but you didn't know exactly who it was.

"Um... do you mind telling me your name?" You bit your lip, trying to match the voice to a face. It definitely wasn't either of your parents, the voice sounded slightly younger, and it was definitely not Kai or L.Joe, as the voice belonged to a female.

The voice sighed. "You forgot me already?" She paused for effect. "It's Hwayoung." You groaned inwardly as you tried to keep your voice happy.

"Um, hi, Hwayoung. What's up?" 

"I was wondering if you had time tomorrow after school. I need to tell you something." Hwayoung's voice turned impatient as she spoke. 

You tried to interrupt. "I don't-"

"It's about Kai." This caught your attention immediately. About... Kai? 

"Um... alright..." You sighed, giving into Hwayoung. As much as you resented having to meet up with her, you were too curious about what she had to say about Kai. 

She paused, and added one more thing. "Oh, and don't be too quick to judge. The kid's really depressed right now. See ya." With that, she hung up. 

You blinked. Then, you flopped down and called L.Joe.

"Hello?" L.Joe's voice was comforting after Hwayoung's.

You bit your lip. "Hey, L.Joe. Wanna hang out? We can do homework or something." Where did L.Joe run off to yesterday? 

"Really? Homework? Not even getting ice cream or anything?" You could sense L.Joe pouting on the other side. "Fine..."

You giggled. "We can get ice cream, too." Kai kept creeping into your mind, so your eyes flickered to the window. As if on cue, a rock hit your window and you scrambled to it, prepared to fight off any creepers. Fortunately, it was just Kai. 

"I'M SORRY!" he called to you. You looked away, not meeting his eyes. "I'm sorry... Sweet, will you listen?" 

"Give me time!" you called back. "BYE!" Without waiting for his reply, you closed the window and slid down. L.Joe kept calling your name, and you finally snapped out of it. "S-Sorry..." You hesitated, but finally spoke. "About that party... There were a lot of celebrities there, huh?" 

"And paparazzi." Your eyes flew open. 

"Paparazzi?" 

L.Joe sighed. "Yeah." You remembered Kai's daring 'speech' in front of everyone. He... said I was his girlfriend... in front of all of them... Grinning stupidly, you ran to the window. Unfortunately, Kai had already left. I'll forgive him tomorrow, you thought. I should do it in person. 

"Well, come on over. I don't want to talk about this anymore." You hung up before L.Joe could do anything else and smiled to yourself. 

Kai... thank you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING! I WAS JUST A BIT SAD THAT I HAD TO REWRITE THIS WHOLE CHAPTER. Dx That's why it's a bit different.