A Graduate and a Boyfriend

A Geek’s Abnormal Life

 

I sat at my desk nervously, my leg was bouncing up and down as I sat there thinking about the thing that was just hours away. Thinking about how my life would be once I moved back to Busan to start college there. I but my lip, thinking about how my life would be like without being able to see Myungsoo every day, thinking about how life would be with only seeing him on breaks (if our schools had the same breaks), thinking about whether or not Myungsoo would like me after he graduates. I whimpered, what if he started dating Suzy, the person he’s supposedly is talking to, once I’m going and they enter their third year? What if he truly does forget about me? Why won’t he just try the long distance relationship? I’m just two hours away and will be coming home every break, so it’s not like I’d be gone the whole year and we couldn’t see each other. I frowned, why didn’t he date me while he could? Why couldn’t we have had the title? Breaking up wouldn’t have as painful as this…

At least the break up would give me clarification that he actually likes me like I like him…

 

Suddenly there was knock on the door and I spun to face it, seeing that my appa was the one who had entered, he looked at me in shock, “I thought you’d be asleep.”

I shook my head, “I can’t…I’m too nervous. There are too many things to think about…”

He looked at me sadly, he walked over to me and pulled me out of my seat, I looked at him in a mix of confusion and shock, however, I smiled when he pulled me into a hug. I wrapped my arms around my appa, this was the first time I hugged him since he left my umma and I.

“If Myungsoo doesn’t want to try, forget about him, ok?”

I buried my head in my father’s tee-shirt, he was still dressed in his pajama pants and from his disheveled hair I could tell that he had just woke up to get me up so that I could arrive at the graduation as the teacher in charge of the student council told us to.

I shook my head, “I can’t appa…”

He hugged me, “Then hopefully he’ll try the long distance relationship.”

“I don’t think he is going to…” I muttered, “He’s been growing more distant later.”

He ran his fingers soothingly through my hair and squeezed me, “Yeolie, be strong, ok?”

I nodded and hugged him tighter, standing there, letting him kiss the crown of my head. I sighed and pulled away from him, “I have to start getting ready…”

He smiled, “Alright, don’t let him bring you down, ok? It’s your big day; you’re graduating from senior high.”

I smiled and nodded, moving into the bathroom while he exited my bedroom.

 

A couple of hours later I was sitting in the front row of seats in my class, all of us plus all of the other graduating seniors sat in the auditorium, listening to the five home room teachers and the principals ramble on and on about how our classes were such a great group and all this other stuff I didn’t bother paying attention to, my eyes roamed over the crowd, looking to see my parents sitting by my friends who weren’t graduating, as well as my graduating friends’ families. However, my smile dropped when I saw that Myungsoo wasn’t there.

“Hey, you okay?” whispered Key, nudging me with his elbow from where he sat beside me. I looked at him and forced a smile, which he obviously saw through, “What?”

“I can’t find Myungsoo…” I whispered, looking at Key worriedly, the boy’s feline like eyes automatically looked through the crowd, not spotting the male as well and frowned, crossing his arms over his chest glaring at the curtains of the stage, which was were the teachers were currently sitting.

“I can’t find that either…” muttered Key.

“Please don’t call him that.” I whispered, pleading him with my eyes.

“Why? That is what he is.”

I shook my head, “He’s not an …”

“But he is missing one of the biggest events in your life.” Muttered Key, “Sungyeol, is he really worth it?”

I shrugged and looked at him, “I don’t even know anymore…Ever since I’ve gotten accepted into the school down in Busan, he’s been pulling away from me…”

Key frowned, not liking what he was hearing. Suddenly we were broken away from our conversation when the principal said my name, obviously calling me up for one of my awards, which I took happily, with a wide smile on my face. I bowed to the principal as I took the award and then I bowed to all the teachers and to the people who were clapping for me, as soon as I was standing up straight again, my eyes scanned the crowd in the back of the auditorium, but there was no Myungsoo there either.
I sighed and returned to my seat as smiled flipped into a frown. I sat there patiently accepting the second award I got. As soon as the individual awards were handed out, the principal smiled and said another speech before calling Class 3-E to stand up, the twenty or so students from that class stood up and were called up by their class ranking, the first place got their diploma last. Soon classes 3-D, 3-C, and 3-B followed.

“Now we will announce the members of our top class, with some of our smartest and most talented students in it. Please stand class 3-A.” said the Principal.

We all did as we were told and stood up, moving to the stage and taking our diploma after bowing to the teachers and to the principal as our names were called. Onew was called up, then Sunggyu, and finally I was. I felt a minor pressure in my chest as I bowed to the teachers and the principal one last time. With that the teachers closed up with one final message to the homeroom they had, the principal was the final to speak, he was the one who told us that we are officially alumni of the school now and he was the one who dismissed us. With that we returned to our homeroom to get our school records and then we moved back outside to hug our friends and family, as well as our classmates.

As soon as I stepped out of the building, I was hugged/tackled by Sungjong who latched onto me, scolding me for leaving without him this morning. I simply smiled and moved towards my step-umma and appa, hugging both of them before hugging my uncle and Chunji who both came to see the graduation. Chanhee hugged me and started to talk to about how excited he was about me coming to live in the dorm within down in Busan, which I was excited about as well, however my mood slipped as I saw the person I wanted to see the most right now. I pulled away from Chanhee and moved towards him. He smiled and held out the bouquet of flowers towards me, which I took with a wide smile on my face.

“Thank you…” I whispered as I hugged him tightly, wrapping my arms around his neck.

“Sungyeol, I’m sorry I’ve been pulling away from you recently…” whispered Myungsoo, “I’ve just needed to get my thoughts straightened out…I needed to think about what you want and about what I want…”

“Which is?” I whispered, a bit hopeful.

“I’d like to try the long distance relationship,” Muttered Myungsoo, holding me tightly.

I smiled, pulling away from him, “So, are we boyfriends now?”

He nodded, smiling, “We finally have a title now.”

I smiled and hugged him again, laying my head on his shoulder, nuzzling his neck, which made him chuckle as he rubbed my back. We were in our own little world. We didn’t see our friends and my family smiling happily at the sight of us hugging, we didn’t hear our classmates whispering about how we were finally together, and most of all we didn’t see the glare I was receiving. 

 

Sorry for not updating in forever,  I was really busy with a ton of different things, one such thing was two different long camping trips. If it counts you'll get many updates today, since all these chapters were written last month, but I was unable to post them due to camping and repainting my room and gettng new funiture in it.

-Lane

P.S. Sorry for any mistakes made.