Second Meeting

Invisible Red Strings

3rd person POV

After your part-time work, you're dead exhausted . Your phone buzzed and you checked. It was a call from your mom. 

"Mom!" You called out happily.

"Hmm my baby girl. I'm at home and I've cooked dinner. Are you coming back to eat?" 

"Of course! How can I skip the meal that was cooked by the best cook in the world~" You chuckled at your own cheesiness.

"Tsk, your cheesiness. Come back quickly okay? I'll be waiting." 

"Ne~ I love you mom" you cooed before cutting off the call.

This shows how much you love your mom. After your dad's death, you know that you've the responsibility to take care of your mom. You quicken your steps to get home as fast as possible.

On the way home, you decided to buy some ice creams as desserts, so you went into a convenience store to buy some. You are choosing for some ice cream when suddenly someone accidentally bumped into you from behind.

"Oops, sorry." You mumbled.

"Ah, no it's my fault." A male voice replied. 

You turned around to see who is it and you saw that it was one of the boys that you saw this afternoon. Both of you guys are shocked. 

"You!" You pointed at him.

"Tao, what's wron-" a guy appeared from behind.

"You!" Both you and the guy pointed at each other and said in unison.

"What are you doing here you face?!" 

"Tsk, so unlucky." He mumbled.  You heard that and gawked. 

"Hello. Can't you see that I am talking to you?!" you said feeling pissed.

"Oh sorry. Didn't see you as you're too short." He smirked. 

Your mouth opened, feeling humiliated. 

"The hell. Why are you so rude?" You said.

"Not as rude as you pig. Gosh, is god playing with me? Making me see this little pig again for the second time." he rolled his eyes back.

"Oh well then, god must be playing with me too then. Making me see a faced tree again!" You exclaimed.

"Seriously, how can you be so rude?" Kris asked. 

"I don't see the need to tell you that, face." You snickered.

"You need to stop being rude. No guys will like you if you're rude." Kris said in a louder voice.

"Yeah, yeah. Why do you care?" 

"Aish. You-"

"Hyung, that's enough. Let's go." Tao broke up the argument and dragged Kris away to the counter after bowing to you as an apology.

You quickly chose your ice creams as you're angry and wanted to leave this place as soon as possible. You walked quickly to the counter to pay for your stuffs. However, you did not notice the box that is on the ground and you tripped over it. You fell down and cut your knees. To your dismay, Kris and Tao are still paying for their stuffs at the counter. They saw everything. 

The girl at the counter and Tao rushed towards you.

"Oh my, are you fine?" Tao asked.

"Do you need a plaster?" The girl asked.

You stood up yourself, feeling embarrassed. 

"It's okay. I'm fine." You said. However, you're not. You felt like crying on the spot. You felt hurt. You felt like telling everyone that you're not fine at all. But it's because of your pride, you held it in. You did not want to seem weak to others, especially that face.

You stood up yourself and accidentally met eyes with Kris. Kris was just standing there, looking at you. You couldn't understand what he was thinking. So you misunderstood it as him, thinking and laughing that you're just a clumsy and rude girl. 

You passed the cashier a $50 note and quickly walk out of the store with your bleeding knees. 

"Wait! What about the change!" The cashier shouted.

However, you're too deaf to hear it.

 

 

You soon reach home with your bleeding knees.

"Jihae ah-"

"Gosh! What happened?!" Your mom asked when see saw your bleeding knees. 

She quickly took out the first-aid box and tend your injuries. 

"What happened baby?.." Your mom asked with care.

"I just fell.. hahahs.." You tried laughing it off like it's nothing.

"Tsk, you're always so careless. Becareful alright?" Your mom smiled at you.

"Done! Do you still want to eat dinner?" Your mom asked.

You nodded your head and walked with your mom to the table. You went to put the ice creams that you bought into the freezer and went back to eat your dinner. Dinner was quiet this time. You didn't had the mood to eat and went to bed early. Your mom asked why and you just said that you have school tomorrow.

 

 

You bathed and went to bed early. You laid down on your bed and started to cry softly. You didn't want your mom to hear you. It makes you look weak.

Yes, you hate being look as a weakling.

You hate being pitied.

You have always felt the responsibility to take care of everyone. 

You cried and cried. 

Just like always, you cry because your father left you and your mother behind but, you still love him.

You cry because life is being a to you.

You cry because people don't understand you.

You cry because people doesn't like you.

You cry because you're tired of things. 

You cry because you simply just want to cry your eyes out.

Crying to sleep has became your daily routine ever since your father died. You couldn't sleep as tears kept on rolling down your face.

 

 

Kris too, is having a sleepless night. He kept tossing left and right on his bed. There is just one main thing that he can't get it out of his mind.

'Is she fine?'

Kris kept on thinking about that till he is super frustrated. 

'Why did i just stood still over there?!'

'Why didn't i help her?!'

'Why can't i move to help her?!'

'Why did she looked at me with those eyes?!'

Why?'

'Why?'

"Argh!" Kris ran through his hair with his fingers. 

"I swear i'm gonna die from the amount of question i have in my mind." Kris said to himself.

'But wait.. Why the hell am i thinking about that pig?..'

"She's just a girl who's rude.."

"I don't like rude girls.."

"But still.. Is she hurt?.."Kris mumbled to himself.

"Argh!" Kris buried his head into his pillow.  

'She's fine right?.. Aish stop it Kris!'