Our first meeting

Invisible Red Strings

Your POV

"Oh god dammit. There's work later on.." I mumbled to myself while fumbling with my phone. I have to work part-time after the death of my father even though my mom insisted that i should just focus on my studies. How can i focus on my studies when i know that there's a middle-aged woman working her for me.

I'm currently home, alone. It's always like this though. My mom have been working all day long for almost everyday. I told her to lessen the number of jobs she is taking on. She doesn't listen to my words. Everytime when i talk about something related to lessening her work, she would mumble off to say that i need the money for my studies. Hello mom, can't you see that i'm working too.

I'm worried that she might collapse just like how dad did.

I snap out from my thoughts when my phone buzzed. It shows, Almighty HyeSung. HyeSung saved it on her own and threatened that if i were to change it, she would kill me. What a .

I answered the call and a cute voice greeted me.

"Jihae ah!~ I miss you so much!" 

"Oh really? Tell me how much you missed me after the meeting we had yesterday." I said uninterestedly.

"Oh come on! Don't be like this! Wanna hang out now?~"

"I can't. I have my part-time job later o-" I was about to tell her that i have a part-time job later on and she interrupted me.

"YES. You. Can. Right?" She said.

"HyeSung ah, i c-"

"Alright then! I'll meet you at the cafe near the park. See you!" She said quickly and cut off the call.

What? What just happened. I was about to say that i can't and she just .. ugh. That's just HyeSung's style of asking people out. I had no choice but to meet her now. If not, she'll ing kill me. Well, there's time to spare before i go for work though.

 

 

 

"Oh! You're here~" HyeSung waved at me.

"Of course i will. If not i'll be killed."

"Hey! that's nasty" She said feeling disgusted.

"Glad that you knew."

"Well well, what do you want to drink?" HyeSung asked innocently.

"Hyesung ah, you know that i've to work later on.." I said tiredly.

"I know. You sound so exhausted. I should buy you coffee then." HyeSung said happily.

 

Sigh. HyeSung is always like this, really, really, dense. 

 

Our drinks arrived and we started talking like how we always do.

"Why do you want to meet me?" I said.

"Because i missed you. That's all." HyeSung smiled.

I just look at her and sighed.

"Alright! Alright! It's to let you relax a bit girl. You're gonna overwork yourself at this rate. Look at the dark circles under you eyes! Gosh!"

Unknowingly, my fingers reach up to my face and touch the dark circles. I can't deny about that. I know that i am overworking myself and the fact that i'm gonna fall sick soon. But i can't just leave all the burden to my mom.. someone who needs to rest more than me..

"I know that you don't want to leave all the burden to your mom.. But you've to take care of yourself.. What if you fell sick? Auntie has to take care of you then. That will cause more burden to her. Haven't you thought of that?.." HyeSung sighed.

I have thought of that.. but i have no solution to that.. My life is really tough and no one knows except my mom and HyeSung.

Silence overtook the atmosphere till HyeSung broke the silence with her cheerful voice.

"Alright! Let's go and have fun for awhile before you head off for your part-time job."

"Alright.." I said.

"Come on! Cheer up! Where's the rude Jihae that i knew~" HyeSung laughed.

I gave her a 'tsk'.

"Let's go play basketball in our school's basketball court okay?" HyeSung suggested.

I looked at my watch and there's only an hour left.

"Tsk. Lets go!" Hyesung smiled and dragged me away with her to the basketball court.

 

 

 

There's no one at the basketball court because it's a weekend. HyeSung was playing happily with the basketball, trying to shoot them into the loops. While i am just sitting down at the bench, enjoying that crazy playing.

"Yah! Come and play with me!" HyeSung shouted.

I shooked my head as a no and the next minute, i found myself standing on the court, with a basketball in my hand.

"Shoot." HyeSung glared.

Apparantly, she dragged me in. HyeSung can be feminine for a moment, and then a for the next.

We started playing basketball even though we do not know the rules. I was having fun. I laughed out loud, feeling really free and happy during the game.

 

HyeSung's POV

That's right Jihae. Smile like that. You look better with a smile rather than a stern face, my girl.. We were enjoying our time playing basketball when suddenly we heard talkings and bouncing of basketballs. We stopped playing and saw 6 guys walking into the basketball court. They were laughing and talking.

"What? There are people here." One spoke. I could see that some of them frowned. The other spoke out, "What are you girls doing here?". And wow, he's freaking tall.

"What's wrong? Why can't we be here?" Jihae said. Uh-oh.. she sounded like she's irritated.

"This is our territory." The tall one spoke.

 

Kris's POV

My frends and i are going to the basketball court that we always go to play basketball. Look what we found here.. 2 girls, invading our territory. One of them sounds rude too.

"Oh, your territory? We're here first." She spoke.

"So what?" I scoffed.

They look like dwarfs to me.

"So what? Hahs. I've never seen you before in this school. Are you even students from our school?" She sounded pissed.

"You're a student here currently?" I asked.

"Yes. So would you mind if you get out?" She tried asking nicely.

Getting out from my territory? Hahs. Fat hope.

"Well then.. You girls will have to call us sunbaes then." I laughed.

My brother, friends and i were from this school and just graduated a year ago. We've been coming back on weekends to play basketball here. I saw her eyes widen.

"Forget it. Just get out from here." I motioned them to get out. My brother and friends laughed at them. Oh dear, she looked really pissed off now.

"Sunbae? Hahs. What if i refused to get out and call you sunbae?" She smirked.

What the? That's so rude. Not to mention that she's a girl. I gawked at that comment.

"Jihae ah.. that's not very nice.." her friend told her.

So her name is Jihae?

"If you refused to get out, what can i do? That's your choice. We'll still be playing here.Let's play." I motioned my brother and friends to start playing.

"Hey! But we're here first!" Jihae shouted.

I ignored her and continued playing with my brother and friends. She kept on pestering me while i was playing and i finally snapped.

"WHAT THE HELL IS YOUR PROBLEM?" I shouted at her. She looked shocked for a moment.

I thought that she's gonna cry from my shouting. But i was wrong.

"WE WERE HERE FIRST!" She shouted back at me. I was shocked.

How can a girl be so rude? It's a major turn off.

"WELL MISS. THIS IS OUR TERRITORY." I shouted back. She's really short to me. She's only at my chest level. We glared at each other. A fight could blow up if it was not for my brother and friends who held me back. Her friend held her back. I was really pissed off right now. I just wanted to relieve my stress from school by playing basketball and now what? This little gangster have to step into my way.

 

 

Your POV

He shouted at me. AT. ME. For god sake. How dare he. So what if he is my sunbae? I've never seen him in school before! HyeSung held me back and kept telling me to just leave them alone and leave. Why should we? We were here first!

"SO WHAT IF IT'S YOUR TERRITORY?! YOU FREAKING TALL FACED TREE!" I shouted at him, while looking up. Damn, why do he have to be so tall?!

"WHAT?! FACED?! WHAT ABOUT YOU? YOU ARE A .. A .. PIG!" He shouted at me.

What?! A pig? The hell. How dare he! He's getting on my nerve.

"YOU MEANIE! HOW DARE YOU! I HAVE NEVER MEET SOMEONE THAT RUDE LIKE YOU AND WILL NEVER WANT TO MEET SOMEONE LIKE YOU!" I shouted.

"HAHS. MAYBE YOU SHOULD TRY LOOKING INTO THE MIRROR AND YOU'LL SEE SOMEONE AS RUDE AS YOU. PIG. I CAN'T TOLERATE PEOPLE LIKE YOU."

Aasdfghjkl. He's saying that i'm rude too! Before i could shout back at him, HyeSung told me that if i don't get going now, i'm gonna be late for work. I wanted to continue scolding that tall faced tree but my work is more important.

"I WON'T FIGHT WITH SOMEONE LIKE YOU ANYMORE. YOU CHILDISH" I shouted at him and dragged HyeSung out of the basketball court with me.

"JUST ADMIT THAT YOU LOST TO ME PIG!" He shouted. If it was not for HyeSung, i would have ran back and continued fighting with that face. God dammit.

 

 

 

"Why did you pulled me away Hyesung?!" I asked.

"It's because you're going to be late for your work." She just answered innocently. I know that it's not so simple.

HyeSung accompanied me to work today. She wouldn't do that normally. I asked her why and she said that it's to prevent me from running back to find that face. We soon reach my work place.

"Bye HyeSung, thanks for accompanying me." I smiled. Yes, i've calmed down due to the infinite amount of jokes HyeSung told me.

"You owe me one!" She laughed. I smiled at her and was going to go in before she called for me. She ran towards me and handed me an envelope. I know what it is.

Money. HyeSung has been trying to give me money nowadays. I hate it. It makes me look weak. HyeSung is actually a pretty rich girl but that does not mean i'll make use of her and her money.

"HyeSung ah, you know i will not accept.."

"Just take it will you?.. To be honest, i hate to see you and auntie overworking.. Accept it please." Before i could reject, HyeSung stuffed it into my pocket and ran away while waving back to me. I took the envelope out and was shocked at the amount of money she have given me. $6000 was written on the check. That's way too much.. HyeSung is a really nice girl even thought she can be quite a .. At least she is better than that face. Ugh.. Why do i have to think about that face?! Earse it from my mind please. I wouldn't want to meet him again.