Higher Ground

You're Not Him

 

 

 

"I won't stop cursing you to death, Joonmyun!!" I yelled as I take another freaky step on the steep mountain. It was somehow enjoying to yell on the place, my voice was echoing all over the woods. But it isn't the delight that overrunning me right now. I won't be happy with bearing such pain on my legs down to my feet, plus a stinging prick on my ankle. I'll forever hate thorns, I'll forever hate mountains, I'll forever hate this guy. Why the hell on earth did he think suddenly of camping and hiking on this lazy Saturday afternoon? I should be sleeping by now.

 

"Does it hurt?"he extended a hand to assist me on a slippery rock. 

 

"Are you insane?! My ankle got pricked by thorns, my legs are extremely tired and yet you're still asking me 'does it hurt?'!" I shouted once again but I didn't stop to hear the echoes in my annoyance. When we reached a safer spot, he bent down, his back facing me. "What are you doing?"

 

"You said your legs hurt. Cling on to my back. I'll give you a piggyback ride." he said, his face was usual expressionless. I stared at him with one brow raised. "Come on, Yeonhee. Quit eyeing me." he added. I hissed and connected my arms around his neck, then he held me on my legs.

 

"Am I not heavy for you?" I asked with care, seeing that he's carrying me on his back and his backpack shifted to his chest.

 

"You're much lighter than my backpack you know. I'm strong, Yeonhee." he teased. My frowns changed to smiles. But my eyebrows revenged with wrinkles when I felt uneasy with my legs.

 

"Joonmyun! Stop your hands on making friction with my legs!! You ert!" i yelled as I hit him on his shoulder. This is my failure. I should've not worn shorts. 

 

"I'm not! Of course I should hold tightly on your legs!" he defended between slight chuckles. I grimaced and hit him a little harder. After several minutes, we reached the top of the mountain. Joonmyun brought me down on a large rock and cleaned my prick. The I helped him in building our tent. The sun was already setting when he'd told he he'll just get some scrap woods for our campfire. i started to worry when it's already dark, he hasn't arrived yet. I stayed inside the tent and tried to call him but there was no signal at the place. i heard some sounds around outside that made me panic. I don't want to die because of wild animals in this mountain. Where are you Joonmyun? I was about to sneak outside when his face appeared in front of mine.

 

"Mother of a frog!!" I shouted on top of my lungs. I crawled back in my fright, still gasping on my breath. Then tears started to roll down on my cheeks.

 

"I'm sorry!" he laughed and hugged me.

 

"You scared me!" I cried and buried my face on his chest.

 

"I'm sorry, I won't do it again." he laughed then he kissed me on my forehead. This dorky guy. Everything hate!!

 

"I hate you.." I murmured between sobs. He's always taking advantage with my fast shocking reflexes. He continued to cuddle me until I stopped crying. I hate it when I'm crying. My eyes are swelling. And the most hated part of it, sneezing and producing of mucus. Who else wants to catch a cold? I remained silent while he's making fire. I was just watching him from the tent. After the fire was done, he handed me one of the packed foods we brought. He sat beside me but I ate my food without any word for him.

 

"Are you still angry? Don't be mad at me." he pleaded like a child. I pursed my lips and didn't answer. He took a piece of sushi in his tupperware and brought it to mine. I grasped on my chopsticks tightly and ate it quietly. Joonmyun sighed and put the ware down. "Come here, I'll hug you." he reached for me and hugged me securedly. Honestly, I wasn't angry at him. I just didn't like to speak. I don't want to talk while mucus is flowing on my nose. An hour later, I felt better so I started talking.

 

"Joonmyun, the final examination is in weeks. What will you take up in college?" I asked as I rest my head on his strong shoulder. 

 

"I still don't know," he began. His voice was toneless."I don't know what I want to do. What about you?"

 

"I'm planning of taking up nursing. Why don't you still have plans? You should be working with that by now." I insisted. His face didn't change his expression.

 

"Don't worry. I'll tell you when I think of something." he assured. I nodded.

 

"I hope we can be in the same university." I muttered.

 

"Sure thing. I'll be watching over you. No other man can touch you there." 

 

I chuckled. "I'm sleepy. Goodnight, Joonmyun." I kissed his cheek and laid in the tent. I looked at him as he zipped the tent closed. I enlarged my eyes when he went on top of me. I held him on his shoulders. "What are you doing?"

 

"I made you cry a while ago. Let me make you happy this time. Besides, there will be no one to disturb us." he tried to seduce me. He was about to lean closer but I stopped him.

 

"Wait, let me sit." I said trickily.

 

"Oh, you want that position?" he teased.

 

"No, I sat up because I want to push you outside!" I quickly ped the tent and piled all of my strength to push him. I zipped it again as he flunked on to the ground. "Stay there until you regret all your sins, ERT!" I shouted in my anger.

 

"I'm just joking Yeonhee! Open the tent now!" he begged. Sorry Joonmyun, you've been so naughty these past few days. Let me teach you a lesson. I didn't give him mercy. My sleep went away. I couldn't sleep with the thought that he might do something naughty again. "Yeonhee, it's cold out here. There's so many mosquitoes, open the tent, please. I won't do it again." I snorted and ped half of it. But instead of letting him in, I threw him his jacket.

 

"Suffer out there!" I retorted and locked the tent again.

 

 

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

Hi, Yeonhee is back! :)))

Follow me at Twitter: @myujiklalala

At Tumblr: jjangpatbingsu.tumblr.com