three

The Girl next Door

 

-3rd-

 

 

 

Another day, and it to know that I'm still alive.

 

As expected, my day isn't going to start normal again.

 

"AAAAAAAAAH~"

 

A loud, ear-piercing scream that had nearly broken my eardrums caused me to jump out of the couch.

 

Wait, what am I doing here? I don't remember sleeping on the couch.

 

That's when it hit me.

 

Oh yeah, shekshi girl had a rough night yesterday so I became a good Samaritan and took her here.

 

I didn't do anything to her did I?

 

Nope, I'm all clean. Phew.

 

There was another shriek but this time it was louder. Not being able to stand hearing the noise, I had no other choice but to charge into my room to see what was going on.

 

As I entered my bedroom, I saw a scene that I've never expected to see.

 

The girl was standing on my bed, holding something in her hand which kind of looked like a pepper spray, aiming it on something.

 

"What are you doing?!" I yelled, noticing the huge mess on the floor.

 

The side table was turned over, my lampshade was lying on the ground, the paintings hanging on the wall are all broken on the floor.

 

My mouth was left agape.

 

Her eyes drifted towards me, she looked confused, guilty, mad, I don't know.

 

"B-Bug.."

 

Her word has caused me to raise an eyebrow at her.

 

Bug?

 

Seeing my puzzled expression she pointed a finger towards a tiny figure on the ground.

 

It was then that I realized that it was a cockroach.

 

A stupid cockroach.

 

She made all these mess because of that?

 

Sighing heavily, I walked over to the cockroach and stomped my foot on it.

 

I looked at her then she looked at me, blinking her adorable eyes twice.

 

"There, the cockroach is byebye. Happy?"

 

She nodded slowly, slightly pursing her lips as if she was preventing herself from speaking.

 

I rubbed the back of my neck and sighed again.

 

When will I ever get some proper sleep?

 

Calm down Tae, it's shekshi girl we're talking about here. She's right in front of you, and the first three buttons of her blouse are open.

 

I shook my head and squinted my eyes. My erted brain is corrupting me once again.

 

She cleared loud enough for me to hear.

 

My eyes fixed on her and as she could feel my gaze on her, she shyly lowered her head and fumbled with the hem of her top.

 

"Uhm, what happened last night?"

 

She could speak Hangul. SHE COULD SPEAK HANGUL!

 

This time it was my turn to clear my throat. I could feel my cheeks burning madly and all of a sudden the temperature inside the room became a bit hotter than before.

 

"U-Uhh.. I saw you walking on the street alone and drunk last night so.."

 

She didn't let me finish my sentence.

 

"So you took me here?"

 

I nodded in response, feeling the anxiousness overwhelming in me again.

 

Is she mad?

 

"Oh.." It was all I could hear her say.

 

She hopped off the bed and slowly made her way..towards me.

 

I could feel my heart beat increasing it's pace. My palms were getting all sweaty and my breathing was hitching.

 

What do you call this feeling?

 

She moved closer and closer to me until we only had a centimeter distance away from each other.

 

Her next move surprised me and made me feel like I was being thrown off a cliff.

 

Leaning forward to me, she gently laid a peck on my cheek.

 

I looked at her and saw no single emotion on her face.

 

"Thank you, for taking care of me. I guess I had made a wrong impression about you."

 

After saying that statement, she left.

 

She left without another word, leaving me in the room feeling dumbfounded as ever.

 

Aish, it was just a simple kiss on the cheek.

 

But who am I kidding, first she gave me a slap now a kiss?! Yeah, we're already on the next level!!

 

~~~~~~

 

"Yah, you're actions are seriously creeping me out."

 

It was a Tuesday, and this was the day I would usually go out with my ex-girlfriend slash best friend forever, Jessica Jung.

 

We were at the small coffeeshop owned by her uncle, it was famous and known throughout Seoul.

 

We were chatting with each other until my mind wandered off again and it resulted me in staring blankly out the glass window.

 

All of a sudden, I felt a cold sensation on my upper lip.

 

I touched it with my tongue and realized I had whip cream all over my mouth.

 

My eyes landed on Jessica who was laughing evily as she was holding a chocolate cream shake in her hand.

 

"Tastes good?"

 

I glared at her. How dare she shove her the cream into my mouth.

 

"What gives?" I asked, feeling annoyed as I viciously rubbed the napkin onto my lips.

 

Her laughter died as she responded.

 

"I'm sitting here talking and talking, while you zone out completely. What the hell's wrong with you dork?"

 

I sighed and ruffled my bangs. She's right.

 

"I don't know,." I responded with a soft sigh.

 

She looked at me, carefully analyzing the expression on my face.

 

"You don't know? Of course you know. Tell me."

 

My shoulders dropped as my eyes dropped on my lap.

 

Jessica narrowed her eyes, flexing her jaw as she leaned backwards on her seat.

 

"If you won't tell me now, then there's no point of us meeting each other. There's no point of me being your bestfriend if you won't open up to me."

 

Damn it. She's right.

 

I always hated it whenever Jessica's right.

 

She can be blunt, straight forward, frank, but she always says things that make sense.

 

"Fine." I mumbled in defeat. "But before that, can I ask you a question?"

 

She nodded without a word.

 

I bit my lower lip, trying to hold back the weird feeling I am now experiencing in my heart.

 

"How can you tell if you're...in love?"

 

Jessica looked at me as if I'm some sort of a horryfying ghost. Soon enough as the seconds passed by, her expression turns emptier and emptier, until she puts on her ice princess mode again.

 

"Why do you ask?"

 

"I-I just wanted to know."

 

"You're in love?"

 

"Well, uhm, not really. But I just want to confirm my feelings."

 

She didn't respond but was in deep thoughts. It was if my question had displeased her.

 

"What is she like?"

 

Her question slightly irked me.

 

How can she be throwing questions at me when she's not even answering mine yet?

 

"She's pretty."

 

"U-huh."

 

"Has a good body."

 

"U-huh."

 

"Has this amazing smile and breath-taking beauty."

 

I, myself, was smiling at the way I was describing her. It was like thinking about her always does my heart good.

 

It was weird knowing how I don't even know her that much anyway.

 

I don't even know her name yet.

 

"Are you sure of how you feel about her? Because it may just be a little attraction or a crush or something.."

 

Her words caused me to look at her.

 

"I'm sure that my feelings are much more than that."

 

I said with much pride and confidence.

 

She looked at me with a pokerface.

 

"Whatever." I think I heard her mumble.

 

I was slightly agitated by her reactions. It was if she wasn't interested about what I was telling her.

 

What's her problem?

 

"You know what, I'm gonna go."

 

I got up from my seat and grabbed my handbag. Jessica didn't even look at me or said anything.

 

"I'll just call you later. Bye." I gave one last glance at her before leaving the place.

 

What's the matter Jung?

 

~~~~~~

 

Still feeling bother about what happened back at the coffeeshop earlier, I came back into the apartment.

 

As I was walking into the hallway towards my apartment, I saw something that only added the burden in my heart.

 

I saw the girl next to our apartment and she was standing outside her doorway.

 

And like always, my heart flutters everytime I would see her.

 

But my heart began falling apart as I saw a man standing right in front of her.

 

He was tall, blonde, rich-looking, and quite handsome.

 

His arms were on her waist while hers were  around his neck.

 

What a lovely sight.

 

I felt like I was being stabbed my a sword on my back as I saw the guy leaning forward in order to capture her lips.

 

Those sweet and soft-looking lips of hers that I've been longing to feel against mine.

 

That lucky b*stard.

 

I stood there, frozen like a statue.

 

I really really wanted to just leave and not watch that heart-breaking sight that kills me.

 

But its like my feet had a mind of its own and got me glued on my position.

 

They kept on kissing and I kept on watching.

 

I feel like a total idiot.

 

A real stupid idiot.

 

I should've known a beautiful girl like this isn't single.

 

I'm sure many guys are drooling for her.

 

I shouldn't have gotten my hopes up.

 

I am such an idiot.

 

That's when they broke the kiss, and I instantly froze as her eyes landed on me.

 

We stared at each other for seconds before I've finally gained composure of myself.

 

I quickly walked over to my apartment, inserted my key into the doorknob, and entered my place without looking back.

 

I slammed the door behind me before leaning my back on me.

 

Seconds passed and a warm tear dropped on my cheek.

 

So this is how it feels..

 

What is happening to me?

 

 

 

to be continued

 

 

a/n: I'm back! Sorry for being away for two days. :( We had a family outing. Anyways, I hope you'll like this chapter.

       Jessica's here and her role is very important!

       BTW, who do you think was the guy with Fany and what's his character here?

       Tune in and find out. :)