Sweet Memory

Distorted Memories

Blue = What Jong In and Kyung Soo didn’t know

 

{5 years ago}

 

"Mom, mom!" Jong In’s older sister grasped her mother’s shirt as they walked out of her brother’s room.

 

"What’s wrong, dear?" The young woman sweetly smiled at her.

 

"Mom, Kyung Soo-ah came yesterday, but didn’t come in to see Jong In…" The fourteen-years-old girl peeked over her shoulder.

 

She bit her lips, saddened by the sight of her young brother being in a comatose state.

 

"Should I tell him about Jong In—" She added in a mellow voice.

 

Her mother had put one slender finger on her lips, hushing her.

 

"Keep it a secret from him, ok?" She softly caressed her daughter’s cheek.

 

"But—"

 

"Honey, you know that it’ll only hurt Kyung Soo-ah if he were to know." Her mother uttered in a whisper.

 

"Is that really the wisest choice?" She pouted.

 

"Trust me."

 

The young girl —still innocent —nodded.

 

**********

 

DING DONG!

 

"Yes, yes, coming!" Jong In’s older sister rushed to the door, opening it. "Who—" She widened her eyes. "… is… it…?"

 

"Noona." A familiar boy awkwardly smiled.

 

"Kyung—Kyung Soo-ah?" She covered with both her palms. "Is that you? Is that really you?"

 

"Yeah." He shyly nodded.

 

Before he could react, the older girl had wrapped her arms around his neck. Taken aback, Kyung Soo stood there like an idiot, unsure if he should return the embrace.

 

"Where the hell have you been? It has been five freakin years! Why didn’t you call us once?" She quietly sobbed on his back. "I’ve missed you. We’ve missed you."

 

"I’m sorry, noona. A lot of things happened." He replied in a whisper.

 

"I’m glad that you’re ba—"

 

Realizing the older girl’s last words, Kyung Soo suddenly freed himself from the embrace, putting his two hands on her shoulders and looking straight in her eyes.

 

"What did you mean by ‘we’?" He frowned.

 

"Huh?" She pondered, confused at first. "Oh! I meant Jong In and me, dummy!" She teasedly poked his forehead.

 

"Why would have Jong In missed me?" Kyung Soo lowered his gaze. "He hates me." 

 

"Kyung Soo-ah…" She gently the back of his head. "He may not show it on the outside, but he was the one who had missed you the most. You didn’t see how he desperately waited for you to come back…" She admitted in a sorrowful tone. "You don’t know…" She trailed off.

 

"Where is he?" Kyung Soo asked. "I need to see him. Is he home?"

 

"He went out." She simply said, faintly smiling.

 

"Do you know where he went?"

 

"Are you seriously asking me that?" She tilted her head on the left, smirking. "There’re only two places where he would go when he’s down: the rooftop and…" She let him guess.

 

A glimpse of hope glowed in his eyes as he remembered. How could he be so stupid? It was so obvious! As his lips curved up into a smile, he turned around, about to leave.

 

"Thank you, noona!"

 

"Wait, wait!" She grabbed him by the sleeve, compelling him to stop.

 

"What’s worng?" He glanced at her.

 

"There’s something… that I need to… tell you." She stuttered as her eyes slowly turned serious.

 

**********

 

Nareul mukkgo gadun damyeon sarangdo mukkin chae

Miraedo mukkin chae keojil su eobtneunde

Jayu robge biwo nohgo barabwa

Ojik neoman chae ulge neoman gadeuk chae ulge

{Lucifer - SHINee}

 

The loud upbeat music was echoing between the four walls, making them quiver. A figure was skillfully dancing in the middle of the dance studio, oblivious of the outside world. His moves were accurate and precise, not allowing the smallest mistake. It was always like this. Fully engrossed in his own world, only surrounded by music, Jong In was able to escape reality for a little while. He always kept dancing until his lungs hurt before stopping. He wanted to be himself for now. He wanted to do what he loved the most. He wanted to forget his troublesome life even if it was just for a few hours.

 

Kyung Soo.

 

Losing his concentration for a split second, he clumsily missed a step as the song came to its end, causing him to idly fall on the wooden floor. 

 

"Damn it!" He banged his fist on the chilly floor.

 

Relying on his hands, Jong In tried to stand back when pain struck upon his ankle. He shamefully relapsed, softly his injured ankle. He groaned in pain and frustration.

 

"Damn it! It’s all his fault!" He hissed between his teeth.

 

"Whose fault?" A familiar voice sounded on his side.

 

Stratled, Jong In turned his head over as his gaze rested on Kyung Soo’s figure. Faintly smiling, Kyung Soo was standing in the doorframe. He stepped in as the door closed itself behind.

 

"Yours!" Jong In snapped out.

 

"What? Were you thinking about me?" Kyung Soo raised an eyebrow, amused.

 

"Shut up." Jong In lowered his head, trying to hide the pinkish tint on his cheeks. "What are you doing here anyway?"

 

"Taking care of you." Kyung Soo bluntly said as he held up a plastic bag.

 

"What?" Jong In shot up his head, his widened eyes bulging out of his face.

 

"Yah!" Kyung Soo sighed as he approached the younger man. "You always have that habit of yours to dance till you’re worn out or hurt back then. Seems like it didn’t change." The older male crouched beside his friend.

  

"I don’t need your help." Jong In shoved off his helper’s hands. "I can take care of myself—"

 

In an attempt to get up, Jong In staggered, about to fall down once again when two strong arms took him up bridal style.

 

"Still stubborn as ever." Kyung Soo chuckled as he carried him towards a bench.

 

"Yah! Put me down!"

 

Despite his disapproval, Jong In didn’t put up much of a fight. Actually, his heart was beating wildly in his chest as he realized how Kyung Soo had grown up into a man. He carefully settled Jong In down on the bench, avoiding to hurt his ankle. Kneeling before him, Kyung Soo took a towel and an icepack out of the convenience store’s plastic bag. He wrapped the white towel around the icy sac before lifting up the bottom edge of Jong In’s sweatpants and applying it on the bruised ankle. Biting his lips, Jong In let out a muffled moan from the pain.

 

"Does it hurt?" Kyung Soo worried.

 

"Nah, it feels better." He whispered.

 

An awkward silence filled in the little space between them. It was suffocating. Jong In finally decided to be the one to put an end to it as he knew too well that Kyung Soo wasn’t the talkative type.

 

"You know… I’m sorry." Jong In said in an almost inaudible voice as he grabbed the fabric of the older one’s shirt.

 

"Why?" Kyung Soo lifted up his head, meeting his gaze.

 

Embarrassed, Jong In averted his eyes.

 

"I’m sorry for hating you." Jong In honestly confessed. "I’m sorry for hating you when I didn’t know anything. True, I really hated you from leaving me behind without a word. We even made a promise that we’ll always be together! So, why did you break it? It really pissed me off. I never really knew why you left and I’m sorry that I never even tried to know. That’s what makes me so shameful. I thought that you never came to see me, which wasn’t even true. You just had to come when I was in a comatose state. That’s why we couldn’t see each other."

 

"Jong In, stop!" Kyung Soo grabbed his wrists. "You’re blabbering."

 

"You can call me childish or whatever, but I mostly hated you because you broke our promise." Jong In’s eyes became watery as he kept on talking. "You know, I was really serious back then. You may not have taken me seriously when I proposed to you because we were still young, but I was freaking serious about you—"

 

Jong In got cut off as a pair of warm lips crashed on his. He at first widened his eyes out of surprise, but then, slowly fell under the spell of desire. He closed his eyelids as he pulled his arms around Kyung Soo’s neck, softly the back of his head. Smirking in the kiss, Kyung Soo wrapped his arms around Jong In’s waist, closening their embrace. Losing themselves in the moment, they parted their lips, longingly savouring the other’s touch. Poking his tongue in between Jong In’s swollen lips, he sought for entrance, which was granted as Jong In let out a moan. As their tongues lewdly craved for more, Jong In gently pushed him away, gasping for air. The back of his hand on his burning cheek, he backed out, realising what they had done.

 

"That—" Jong In madly blushed.

 

"I’m sorry for leaving you. I thought you hated me, but now, I know that you didn’t and…" Kyung Soo kissed him on the forehead. "I was serious too back then. So, don’t say that I was messing around as a child because I really liked you, more than a friend." Kyung Soo sweetly smiled.

 

"What about now?" Jong In asked as his heat rate increased.

 

"Now?" Kyung Soo leant closer. "I love you." He whispered in his beloved Jong In’s ears.

 

Strongly affected by his confession, Jong In couldn’t help, but let his tears pour down on his cheeks, staining his shirt.

 

"God, why are you crying?" Kyung Soo wiped off some of the bittersweet droplets with his thumbs. "Didn’t I say that I loved you?"

 

"That’s why!" Jong In hiccupped as he swallowed back his upcoming tears. "Because I love Kyung Soo-hyung so much that I don’t know what I’ll do if you didn’t love me back." He wiped off stains of tears as he confessed.

 

"Here, here." Kyung Soo had sat down beside him, wrapping his arms around Jong In’s shoulders. "Don’t cry anymore."

 

Sniffing, Jong In nodded as he rested his head on Kyung Soo’s chest, calming down his overwhelming emotions. They remained like this for who know how long before Jong In broke the silence once again.

 

"Still…" Jong In struggled to look up, cutely pouting with puppy eyes. "Can we still get married?"

 

"Anytime." Kyung Soo beamed as he Jong In’s dark locks.

 

That was their first sweet memory.


A/N: Thank you for all of you who have red this Kaisoo three-shots! -bows- It was my first FF on them. Hope it didn't disappoint you and that the ending is good enough. :3 So, here's a little poll for you guys! Please, vote!

 

 

PS: Sorry for making this story angst instead of cute and fluffy. V.V

Then, see you around! ;D