~Happiness never lasts~

Highschool AU l Kai, Lu han & Se hun

 

 

Arguments are the worst, they hurt and you try to get over it but you can't cause it gets stuck with you in your brain throbbing against your temples. The words "you loved me, loved me. Don't I mean anything to you, Kai?" ringing in your mind as if it was purposely stuck on repeat torturing you to feel more pain than you already were. "" you say to yourself a tiny part of you wanting to be heard but not by the person you really wanted to see. Cause it still pained for you to face him. His boyish looks too innocent for anyone, even if he smiled and said "it's okay you can leave me if you want to" hid back so many emotions but Kai could tell Sehun was really not okay. 

~

"I only want to be with you, I promise Sehun … Sehunnie please.. look at me." Conversations were negative but Sehun still played it cool cause really he thought he didn't deserve someone as good or as perfect as Kai. "It's okay hyung he's better, he treats you well … I can tell really, it's okay." Sehun looked over at Kai slowly approaching him, cupping his cheek, still that innocent smile visible on his face, holding back so many tears. "It's okay. I swear" he wiped a tear from Kai's cheek and Kai looked away in shame, guilt written all over his face. you Lu han you. But really it was his own fault for leading him on. The trio had become best friends since high school doing things together occasionally more like brothers really. Until one day it got too serious for the three of them. 

 

It went like this Sehun liked Kai, Kai liked Sehun, Lu han liked both and well you could guess the rest. Right? No. 

 

The growing attraction between Kai and Sehun killed Lu han inside every time they both hugged he would clench his fists and flinch, looking away. He had strong feelings for the both of them he was confused didn't know what to do you know cause one could only well choose one. He loved Sehun merely because he's the sweetest, handsomest and the most perfect boyfriend you could ever ask for, during the years they were together he'd have girlfriends even boyfriends he was popular but still hid away from people. He was shy still shy being the popular Ulzzang of the school he didn't know what to do with himself. He was laid back and down to earth which well who doesn't love that? That's what Lu han noticed and thought about anyway. On the other side his heart belonged to was Kai who is Kai or Jongin named the tease and lady killer. His smirk, dance moves, his smile, abs yes his abs and not to mention his cockiness made him more irresistible. He was a walking god well that's what the chicks in the high school said during lunch times. He dated as well often broke hurts several times saying sorry you're not the right one. Cause every time they just wanted the same thing yea .. (ijusthadto). And Kai was not like that which disappointed who ever dated him he wanted to give it to the right one. Which is what Lu han liked about him.

 

Neither of them confessed to each other but it was obvious to others that something was going on but yet there really wasn't it killed Kai to tell Sehun how he felt not wanting to get rejected. Until one day Sehun broke up with Baekhyun who cheated him, Sehun actually had feelings for him he actually started to like him, surprisingly, but he got led on then unfortunately got cheated on with a guy named Chanyeol. 

 

Later that day it suddenly became gloomy and cloudy and it started to rain while Sehun was going back to his dorm he walked in the rain to wash away his own tears hiding them. Drenched wet he unlocked the door, entering the dorm and directly going to his room not looking at who was doing what. Kai and Lu han was watching Tv eating left over pizza after a good hour of studying. As soon as Sehun entered they both eyed him, opened their mouth about to say something but Kai was the one that stopped Lu han from talking laying a hand on his thigh. And they both exchanged worried glances. Sehun closed the door behind him, sulking on the bed, wet and broken. 

 

So this is how it feels….

 

After a good ten minutes Kai said " I can't take this Lu han hyung you stay here I'll go check on him". Kai looked at Lu han and went not noticing how hard Lu han bit the insides of his cheeks. Kai fast paced to the room and knocked five times in a rhythm telling Sehun it was him a 'thing' they do and entered the room. Kai gulped his throat tightening instantly as he rushed to Sehun's side sort of afraid to touch him but still he laid a hand on his shoulder. "Sehun ah …Sehun? are you okay? he sat down beside him. 

 

Sehun looked away avoiding his gaze shut up Sehun just shut up he'll go away soon, just say something else.  "Sehun" Kai said with more force in his voice this time, this voice meant business it meant he's going to get it out him no matter what cause something was really bothering Sehun. "It's nothing hyung, just nothing leave me alone, please" Sehun begged followed with a sniffle. 

 

Kai scoffed and got up went outside the room quickly eyed Lu han who was on his feet instantly but Kai took a towel and went back in closing the door behind him. "Here wipe yourself first before you get sick" he said almost demanding him. And Sehun did so followed with a long sigh. Rubbing the towel on his face and the back of his neck, and his hair, followed with a slight shake bringing Sehun's back to place as perfect as it already was it looked more y wet. Kai took the towel and threw it on the bed. 

 

"Hey heyyy" he nudged Sehun "I know it's not nothing .. is it about Baekhyun hyung? what'd he do are you hurt?" Kai asked worried scooting closer to him. "Something like that …." he sighed again and mumbled "we broke up" and Sehun broke into tears he couldn't help it anymore he didn't want to cry for that bastard he didn't he wanted to punch him how could he really how? Kai sighed, about to break into tears as well, he took Sehun in his arms and hugged him tight. Not noticing the other person who entered the room without warning it was Lu han "what's going on here" he asked worried and jealous at the same time. Kai looked up at him, blinked once to tell him to stay silent for a moment his eyes telling him please. Lu han sighed and sat on the beside Sehun, rubbing his back to comfort him. 

 

Kai and Sehun let go both at the same time as Sehun wiped away his tears "Sehun tell me what happened" Lu han said not wanting to admit that he was listening in the conversation from outside. "He …cheated on me.. he" his throat tightens up, choking he rubbed his adams apple "I……really liked him", he uttered the words shattering both hearts at the same time. Lu han immediately wrapped his arms around Sehun, it didn't matter how much he liked him, didn't matter if he was jealous every time he was with Kai, it didn't today he was going to be his best friend and comfort him.

 

After a few minutes, Lu han let go and wiped Sehun's unstoppable tears "Sehun ah, it's okay I mean … he didn't deserve you. He's a jerk and he shouldn't have cheated on you like that, I swear to god I'll punch his face tomorrow" he said anger filling his heart, clenching his fist. "Lu Lu hyung… don't please don't hurt him it won't make you any better than him" Sehun said almost a whisper, he leaned on Kai's shoulder who was rubbing Sehun's back. "Lu han hyung's right he didn't deserve you it'll be okay soon" Kai said not being able to offer anything else "you should rest okay?" Sehun nodded and Lu han tucked him in kissed his forehead and left him. Kai got up off the bed, kissed Sehun's cheek softly, "Night Sehunnie" and he left the room as well.

 

_____

(Thank you for reading guys comment away anything is accepted accept for hate and should I continue? 8) <3 thanks again)