Date Me Maybe?

Date Me Maybe?

 

Summer vacation is approaching, which means a bunch of free time; too much time for her liking. Sure the first couple of weeks feel relaxing, but after she gets overwhelmed with boredom and has no clue how to kill her time. Hanging out with her friends was an option, but that also means spending money, which she couldn't afford to do everyday. This left her with one choice and she decided to go through with it; find a summer job. 

Job-hunting was something she underestimated; she would never have imagined it to be this difficult. Frustrated she face palmed into the table and heaved a sigh.

A knock was heard and footsteps entered her room. “Hey guess what sweetie? I found you a job.” Her mother greeted. Immediately, her head snapped up and a smile beamed across her face.

Never in the nineteen years of her life has she ever had an official job. She was nervous standing in front of the door that led to the place where she would spend seven hours of her day almost every day.

Fingers played with the hem of her floral tank and with a sigh she rang the doorbell. Her hand shot up to pat down a few flyaway hairs and waited patiently for the door to be answered. She expected a woman in her mid-forties to be standing behind the door. After all, it’s her mother’s friend who offered her a babysitting/tutoring job.

Instead she came face to face with a well-toned chest. She gulped as her eyes slowly travelled up to the face that owned the body. A small blush appeared on her cheeks as she noticed how handsome he was. It didn’t help that his hair was slightly wet and drops of water were sliding down his body. Then she noticed that he most likely just got out of the pool since he was wearing swim trunks that were just as wet. Her eyes landed on his plump lips that were curved up in a smile. Staring at him made her heart flutter. “Hey.” His voice was deep. “Hello.” She slightly bowed her head and replied in a soft voice.

At that moment Mrs. Kim arrived. “I see you’ve met my eldest son. Yah, Jongin! You are making the floor all wet!” She scolded him.

“Hey, it’s not my fault. You told me to get the door.” He replied nonchalantly and casually walked back to the backyard, where the pool was located.

“Come in please.” Mrs. Kim said with a really warm smile. Mrs. Kim gave her a quick tour of the cozy two-story house. Basically her job was to take care and tutor the eleven-year old kid named Jonghyun. As for Jongin, he’s home on and off throughout the day so, she doesn’t have to mind him much. Mrs. Kim told her to make herself comfortable and just act as if this were her second home. Before she rushed off to leave for work Mrs. Kim offered her to join the boys at the pool. She politely refused saying that she didn’t have a swimsuit and that she would just watch over them.

She headed to the pool and to her surprise found a total of four boys in the pool. “Noona!” The boy she assumed to be Jonghyun called out.

“Hey.” She replied a bit flustered at the amount of semi- guys in front of her.

“Is that the babysitter?” A guy with eyes the size of saucers asked Jongin. Jongin nodded.

“You should join us.” The other male with slightly slanted eyes and a handsome face stated. 

“I’ll pass.”

 

They introduced each other and she found out their names were Chanyeol and Sehun and they were close friends of Jongin. She walked over to where Jonghyun was and began chatting with him. Jonghyun was a cute kid that loves to call her Noona, she didn’t mind though because she liked kids and he wasn’t one of those annoying ones. Since she was wearing shorts she decided to sit at the edge of the pool and dip her calves in the water. She was watching Jonghyun show off some flips in the water when water suddenly splashed on her legs barely missing her shorts.

A gasp came out at the unexpected cool contact and she turned her head to glare at the culprit. Her eyes met with Jongin’s and he smirked. “Hey! What was that for?!” She asked annoyed at his behavior.

“Go make us some food. I’m hungry.” He flat out stated. She was shocked. They barely met and he demands her to go make him food and he seems old enough to take care of himself.

“Why should I? I’m only here to care for your brother.” She spat back.

“Noona! I’m hungry too!” Jonghyun whined.

“Ah alright.” She had no choice, but to comply. That smirk never left Jongin’s face as she got up and headed in.

“While you’re at it make some for my friends and I too!” Jongin stated.

“THANK YOU!” Both Chanyeol and Sehun shouted. She gave them a smile, and then turned around and scoffed at Jongin’s rudeness.

--

It’s been a couple of weeks since she started her job. She got to know Sehun, Chanyeol, and Jonghyun a lot more through this time. Not so much Jongin though because she was still annoyed at that incident from the first day. Plus Jongin wasn’t much of a talker anyways; at least not to her. She doesn’t deny the fact that he is freakishly handsome, not that she would admit it to him though. She always catches herself unconsciously staring at him when she tutors Jonghyun or when they gather on the couch and watch television together. It doesn’t help that he frequently walks around the house without a shirt on. She has to mentally slap herself to stop staring at his defined abs and chest.

But, she secretly has a small crush on Sehun because he is such a gentlemen and so easy to talk to unlike Jongin. She is an introvert, but out of nowhere the craziest idea landed on her mind. She decided to give Sehun her number. Doing it in person would be too embarrassing so, she thought of an amazing plan.

The boys were once again outside frolicking in the pool. Sneakily, she entered Jongin’s room and found Sehun’s pants. Her hand quickly slipped the piece of paper that contained her number and a note saying: “Call me maybe?” into Sehun’s jean pocket. She rushed back downstairs into the kitchen and began to make sandwiches for the boys because she knew they would be able to eat a whale after the swim.

After eating the boys showered and changed into fresh clothes. Her eyes kept wandering to Sehun wondering if he found the little note she gave him. His expressions were the same as they usually were so; she just thought maybe he didn’t see it yet.

That night she lies in bed and threw her phone up and down waiting for Sehun’s call. She placed the phone on her flat stomach and sighed. “Maybe he’s not going to call…” Disappointment oozing in her voice. Suddenly, her phone began to vibrate followed by the sound of her ringtone. Instantaneously, she sat up and grabbed her phone. An unknown number was on the screen and she bounced up and down in happiness. She cleared her voice and calmed herself down before answering the call.

“Hello?” Her voice was composed.

“I know you like me by the looks you give me.” The voice on the other line bluntly stated.

“How…how…” Her eyes grew wide at the sound of his voice.

“You aren’t very ninja you know; I saw everything. And by the way Sehun is already taken, just thought you should know.” Jongin frankly blurted. She could feel that cocky smirk radiating from him through the phone.

So many thoughts were running through her mind. Sure, she does like Jongin, but how could take the number that was meant for Sehun. On the other hand, she was kind of glad he saved her from embarrassment.

“Wh…what?” That was the only thing she was able to let out.

Jongin chuckles. “You are so cute.” Heat rises up to her cheeks and a smile plasters on her face from those words. “You owe me for preventing you from facing an embarrassing rejection.” He stated as a matter of fact.

“What do you want?” She asked timidly, afraid to hear the answer.

“I want you.” She was a bit taken aback at how direct he was, considering the fact that he barely spoke to her in the first place.  No response came from her because she wanted to, but at the same time didn’t want to.

“I’ll take that as a yes. So, I’ll pick you up tomorrow at 5pm. It’s a date.” And with that, Jongin hangs up. 

--

A/N: What do you guys think? Please leave comments, thank you!