Age 21, April: Memory

Do You Remember?

The auditorium for the meet and greet was huge.  Banners everywhere, people all around me, and screaming.  Lots of screaming.

Hara and I walked in and grabbed the supplies we needed from the front desk:  our numbers for line order and a poster for the boys to autograph.  I stood on my tiptoes, looking out at all the people waiting in line.

"Su Min, are you shaking?"

"I am?"

"Yeah.  Why are you?"

"How about you tell me, Hara!"  I turned back to the line, scanning the hundreds of people waiting for the meet and greet.  Hundreds of people with gifts and fansigns for them.  I glanced at Hara.  "Do you mind if I ask you something?"

"Yeah, what's up?"

"What if I give this album to Joonmyun and he just throws it away?"

Hara chuckled.  "Su Min, from what you've told me about him, he seems like he wouldn't do that to you."

"But what if he's changed?  I mean, I haven't talked to him in almost six years.  Things definitely change in six years, Hara."

She sighed, pointing to Joonmyun on the stage for the meet and greet.  He was smiling, waving to every single face he saw in the lines below him.  Typical Joonmyun.

"Now, who does that?" she asked, turning me back to her.  "No ordinary person does that, and if he doesn't remember you, he has some major issues."

I turned back to the stage, taking another look.  Each member had their own little table for the fans to get autographs at.  I read each of their nametags.

"Kris, Chanyeol, Kai, Suho, Luhan, Sehun, Chen, Baekhyun, Tao, Xiumin, D.O., Lay."

Joonmyun was the fourth member to meet, giving me a little time to calm myself for whatever came to me in the upcoming moments.

This is it.  No backing out now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

After two hours, we finally made it up to the stage.  My heart was pounding, palms sweating, knees shaking.  I could feel the sweat beads run down my forehead.  As I walked up the steps to met up with the first member, I took a deep breath, patting the sweat beads off my face with my sleeve.

"Thanks for coming out!"  a face said to me as I got up to the desk.

I smiled, handing him my poster.  "You're Kris, right?"

"Yes!  Thanks for coming to the showcase!" he said, smiling.  He seemed like a nice guy.  A little intimidating, at first, but he was nice.  "And your name?"

"Su Min."

He grabbed his Sharpie marker, finding his face and signing his name.  "Did you like the performances?"

"Yeah, it was great!  You all did a great job... keep up the good work!"

"Thank you!" he replied, giving me my poster back and waving.

Su Min - Thanks for coming!  Fighting! ~EXO-M's Kris

The next person was very happy.  Just smiling and smiling, like nothing in the world could ever faze him.  He looked towards me as I set my poster down, waving at me.  "Hello!  Thanks for coming!"  He found his face on the poster.  "Su Min, right?"

"Yeah!" I smiled, pointing to where Kris signed it.  "You saw it on there, didn't you?"

"No!" he chuckled, "I just know many things!"

I laughed with him.  He was funny; I was happy Joonmyun was working with someone like Chanyeol.  "I bet you cheer everyone up in the dorms."

He nodded, handing me my poster back.  "That's what happens when you're the Happy Virus of the group!"

A trail of giggles suddenly came out of me, him joining me after a moment.  "I'm happy you came today!"

"Me too!"  He gave me the same old smile and waved at me as I went to the next person.

Thanks for coming, Su Min!  Always be happy!  ~Happy Virus Chanyeol

I felt a hand suddenly grasp my shoulder.  "Su Min," Hara said, "the cute boy is next!"

I turned around and saw the guy she was talking about.  I looked at his nametag:  Kai.

"Hi!" he said, giving Hara and I a soft smile, "Thanks for coming to the showcase!"

Hara's smile suddenly got huge as she and I placed our posters down on his table.  "Names?"

"I'm Hara!" she said, pointing to herself, "And this is Su Min, my friend!  We loved your performance today."

"Oh, thank you!"

"I think you did the best, though.  Your dancing was great!"

I turned to Hara and chuckled, then turned back to Kai.  "I'm sorry.  When she get's excited, she gets a little..."

"Talkative?"

"Yeah!"

He smiled.  "No, it's okay!  At least she's not telling me I'm cute like most of the other girls are saying to me!"

Hara blushed, leaning close to me.  "Thank God I didn't say it." she whispered.

Kai handed our posters back to us.  "Thanks again for coming!"

Fighting, Su Min! ~EXO-K's Kai

As we walked away from Kai's desk, I saw a familiar face.  Sitting at the desk next to Kai was a happy, smiling Joonmyun.  Talking to a fan.  His dreams coming true.

I turned away, trying to walk away from Joonmyun.  My nerves were getting to me, and I couldn't handle standing in line anymore.  Hara grabbed my shoulders.  "Su Min, what are you doing?!"

I looked up at her, starting to cry.  I had no reason to, but I just started to.  "Hara, I'm scared.  What if-"

"Enough with the 'what ifs', Su Min!" she screamed, turning me around.  She started pushing me toward the desk as I tried to stop her.  "You need to face your fears!  You'll be fine.  What's the worst that's gonna happen, anyways?"

I turned around, starting to get angry.  "That he won't remember me, okay?!  That I spent seven years of my life remembering some boy that didn't do that same for me."

Hara stepped down from the stage.  "You won't know until you go.  I'm gonna go to the door... meet me there when you're done, okay?"  She then walked away, leaving me alone in this line full of people I didn't even know.  "Good luck, Su Min!"

After a few steps, I finally made it up to his desk.  Joonmyun was talking to a fan, signing her autograph book and poster, smiling as always.  As the girl grabbed her book and stepped to the next desk, Joonmyun turned his head towards me, motioning me to come over.  I nervously walked over to the desk, placing my poster in front of him.

He smiled at me, his eyes and nose crinkling up as he did.  "Thanks for coming to the showcase!"

I nodded.  "You're welcome.  You all did a great job today!"

"Thank you!"  He took the cap off his marker and placed the tip of it by his picture.  "And your name?"

He doesn't know my name?  What's going on?  "Uhh... Su Min."

He started scribbling on my poster.  "What was your favorite part about the showcase?"

Your singing?  Your dancing?  The fact that I'm standing in front of my best friend right now?  "I have something to give you."

He tilted his head, setting the marker down on the desk.  "You didn't have to do that for me!"

I nodded, pulling out the photo album from my bag and setting it in front of him.  "Actually, I did."

His eyes suddenly got wide, seeing the title of the album:  Joonmyun and I: 1999-2006.

He looked up at me, his facial expression looking a little scared... maybe terrified, even.  "How do you know my real name?"

I nervously chuckled.  He was joking, right?  "You don't remember me?"

He opened up the photo album, skimming through it.  "How did you get these?"

"They're mine."

"Did you... take these?"

"My mom did... well, your mom, too."  I quickly inhaled, starting to feel a little frustrated.  "Joonmyun, do you remember me?"

He looked up at me and shook his head.  "To be honest, I don't think I even know you."

I could suddenly feel tears stream down my cheeks.  I tried holding them in, but I couldn't.  "You don't?  You don't remember a Baek Su Min?"

"No, sorry."  He handed me my poster back.  "But I appreciate the gift.  Thank you."

I grabbed the poster, starting to walk away.  No.  I have to keep trying.

I ran back before the next girl got to meet him, standing in my previous spot.  "Oh, you again... Su Min, right?  Did you forget something?"

"You know what?  I did."  I suddenly felt a ball of anger forming up inside of me.  "I forgot to say a few things to you.  Not how you inspire me, because you should have known that one already, or the fact that you're the most wonderful person in the world, but I spent seven years of my life remembering every single thing about you, so that one day... when this happened, we could have a conversation and start back where we were back then."

"But miss, I don't-"

"Shut up, Joonmyun!  I'm not finished!"  I closed my eyes tightly, slamming a fist down on the table.  I opened my eyes to see a shocked Joonmyun, a security guard starting to walk up.  "Kim Joonmyun, I know things that most people here don't know about you.  I know that you like funk rock music, that you want to date girls that read books and are smart.  Your name, Suho?  Yeah, I gave you that idea six years ago on the last day we met.  You like to go to the Han River and eat sushi at the marketplace.  Your favorite number is 8 because it's an even number and you love homemade bulgolgi from my mom's house because it was the first meal we ate together and you said no one makes better bulgolgi than my mom.  And-"

He suddenly looked at me, a little confused.  He took a deep breath, pausing as he gathered his thoughts together.  "And who are you?"

"I'm Su Min!" I screamed, tears still falling from my cheeks.  I took another breath, trying to calm down.  "My name is Baek Su Min.  We used to be best friends."  I went to walk away to finish the meet and greet when I heard him yell my name.  He held the photo album up, trying to hand it back to me.

"Keep it.  It was for you.  Your mom might want some of the pictures back, anyways."

I finished the meet and greet in a blur.  I didn't remember meeting any of the other members, walking back to Hara at the door, crying the whole way home, slumping into bed, and sleeping until the next day, missing most of my classes at the university.  When I got myself put together, I grabbed the poster from that night off my desk, reading what they all wrote to me.  The usual 'Thanks for coming' and 'Fighting's were on pretty much each one of them.  But two of them stood out to me.

Joonmyun's... and a boy named Luhan.

I looked at Joonmyun's and couldn't help but smile, even though I was still extremely angry.

To Su Min:  Know yourself and never give up!  ~EXO-K's Guardian, Suho

The last autograph I looked at that day was Luhan's.  Apparently, he was sitting next to Joonmyun, so I didn't even remember going to him for an autograph.

Su Min-  You looked sad today... please feel better!  Next time I see you, I want to see a smile!  Thanks for coming! ~EXO-M's Luhan

I smirked at the poster, placing it back on the desk.  I don't think you'll be seeing me anymore.


So, I need some imput:

If I decided to write a sequel, would you guys go and read it?  It's just going to affect how I end this one.

Thanks for the support, comments, subscriptions, and whoever gave me the up-arrow!  I appreciate all of you and your patience as I get over being sick!

~ ♥ Carly