3 - Saranghae

His Butterfly

 

I reccomend 'Obesession' or 'Quasimodo' for this particular chapter.


 

Last Chapter Recap, Lee Taemin's POV

When I sat, well, more like plopped, next to Minho-hyung on the couch, still coughing, he turned his somewhat serious gaze on me. "Taemin-ah, are you okay?" he asked me. I nodded and smiled, trying to catch my breath. "I'm fine, Minho-hyung, really," I said, "I'm just not used to doing that much laughing." Minho-hyung raised an eyebrow at that, but said nothing. He grinned and handed me the game controller. "Your turn, Taemin-ah."

End recap.


Lee Taemin's POV

"Minho-hyung…I'm tired," I muttered, almost asleep where I sat. "You can take a nap, Taemin-ah. You don't have to stay awake if you don't want to," Minho said. "Yeah…but I don't want to leave you out here…all by yourself. What if…Key-umma decides to dance again? I'll wake up and find you dead from laughing to much. And the couch is…way to small to lay down. Plus, I don't have a proper pillow," I complained. Minho paused his game and chewed on the corner of his lip, trying to think of a solution. "Well…" he murmured. "Well?" I repeated. "No, never mind. It was a silly idea anyways. I'll be fine, Taemin-ah. Go take a proper nap," he said, waving me away. I crossed my arms and frowned at him. "What?" he asked, cocking an eyebrow at me. "I just…I'd rather not," I said. "Okay…so what then?" Minho-hyung sure was full of short questions today. I didn't quite know what to answer that one with, but then I got an idea. "I'll just use you as a pillow, Minho-hyung!" I exclaimed. "Well, if that's okay with you, I will." Minho-hyung looked at me for a few minutes. What? Did I do something wrong?

Minho-hyung finally broke his silence with a quiet 'okay'. I cheered internally. I knew Minho-hyung didn't much like close contact, but was glad that he was making an exception for me. I curled up a little bit, pulling my feet up onto the couch, and leaned against him, using his shoulder as my pillow. I felt, more than heard, Minho-hyung sigh before the background music to his game resumed as he un-paused it and continued to button-mash this and direction-pad-combo that. I sighed contently and fell asleep.

Choi Minho's POV

I don't have a clue when I fell asleep too. It might have been minutes, or maybe an hour or so after Taemin fell soundly to dreams on my shoulder. I only remember my dream.

I once again stood in the middle of a clearing in the forest back home, near the place I had grown up. I looked around the clearing, taking in the silent beauty of the forest. The silent beauty that was shattered only moments later by the sound of gunshots. I began to run. Not away from, but towards the sound. I heard shouting. The sounds of someone stumbling through the underbrush of the forest. Someone's pleading voice, begging for mercy, insistent that they had done nothing wrong. I knew that voice. The youngest, the maknae, of SHINee. Taemin. I had to do something, so I ran faster. And, only seconds later, I came to a dead stop beside an ancient redwood on the edge of another clearing. The melancholy sight before me was heart-wrenching. Taemin, helplessly pinned to a tree by shear fear. A tall, muscular man with red-brown hair dressed in all black, the gun in his hand calmly aimed straight at Taemin's heart. Sunlight streamed down from between the trees, casting light on the man in black., revealing his shadowed face. "Please…please, I've done nothing! Why? Why…?" Sobs shook Taemin's pleading frame as he begged and pleaded for his life. The man in black said nothing, and flicked the safety one his gun off with his thumb. I knew that face. It was my own. And now, as I tested the forest floor, I found that I could move. Before, it had been the fear of not knowing that had stopped me. I knew what I was up against now. I ran forward, stopping in the line of my replica's shot and throwing my arms out to my sides, protecting Taemin. It didn't matter. My replica shot anyways, not caring who he killed. Taemin's scream rang out at the same time as the sound of the gunshot. I didn't even feel the bullet lodge in my heart, didn't see the man with my face disappear, didn't feel Taemin catch me as I fell. I barely registered Taemin's face above my own, even as he pleaded for me to say something, anything, to him. That was when the pain hit me. I flinched as pain set every nerve in my body on fire, making it feel as though molten lead flowed though my body as it lit my blood on fire, too. I open my eyes, which I just noticed I had closed, and looked up at Taemin. "Hyung…?" I smiled a little then, even as blood made it's way out of the corner of my mouth. It took all of my strength to bring my hand up to Taemin's cheek, to wipe away his tears. It took everything I had to whisper two last words to him. "…Saranghae…Taemin-ah…"

I started awake at the same time as Taemin-ah did. It was different this time. Taemin-ah sat bolt upright and just…looked at me, mouth hanging open slightly. Sure, I had heard of shared dreams, but this was crazy. I blinked repeatedly, tying to figure out what the hell was going on. "Hyung…was that…did that…I mean…did you…'Saranghae'?" Gods. I had confused the hell out of Taemin-ah. "I…think we just…experience the strange phenomenon of…sharing a dream, Taemin-ah," I said, "however…since we're on the subject, and I won't have the courage to say it to you later, yes. Saranghae, Taemin-ah. Please…don't hate me."