1 - Chocolate Chip Pancakes

His Butterfly

A/N: A note on the hairstyles, for those of you who visualize things while you read. They are set as follows and will not change;

Onew: Hello Style
JongHyun: Ring Ding Dong Style
Key: Sherlock Style
MinHo: Ring Ding Dong Style
TaeMin: Sherlock (long) Style

Yes, I do realize that for the photo/edit I used a Lucifer photo for Tae, but...my Sherlock selection isn't really the best. And this one certainly fit much better. Anyway, enjoy.


Choi Minho's POV

I woke up this morning in an unfamiliar bed, with the unfamiliar feeling of something wrapped around my waist. I blinked dazedly, trying to figure out what was going on, or, if anything, where I was. That's when I remembered last night, how I had had…that horrible nightmare and gone to Taemin-ah's room, looking to see if my dream had been nothing more than that. A dream. Nothing more. That was what the unfamiliar pressure around my waist was. Taemin's arms, wrapped protectively around me. I attempted to move out of Taemin's grasp, but my try at freedom only resulted in being pulled closer to the maknae. 'Well,' I thought, 'this isn't so bad. We have the day off anyway. Why not sleep in?' Well, that was until Key-hyung practically knocked the door down and yelled 'breakfast time!' as loud as he possibly could. I groaned inwardly, and Taemin started awake behind me. "Whatsgoingon? Whosthere?" he muttered almost incoherently, as he broke his contact with me and sat up to stare at the doorway. I turned over to see the surprised look on Key-hyung's face. "Well then. I wondered where you had disappeared to last night. You're horrible when you have nightmares," Key said, laughing. "So? Who's up for chocolate-chip pancakes?" he asked, before heading off to their tiny kitchen to cook breakfast.

No-one's POV

After a few shared minutes of looking from the door to each other, Taemin and Minho finally pulled themselves out from under the covers of the maknae's bed and went downstairs for a well earned breakfast made by Key. Onew and JongHyun were already at their minuscule kitchen table, with Onew looking as if he was about to pass out at any second and JongHyun still half asleep. The two youngest band members groggily took their seats with their hyungs as Key began setting chocolate-chip pancakes suited to each of their tastes in front of them, before finally sitting down himself with his own syrup-drench hotcakes. Onew looked at him resignedly, asking something like 'how in the world are you so happy so early?' before shaking his head and beginning to work on downing his breakfast.

They ate in complete silence, trying to wake themselves up enough during their meal to at least somewhat resemble Key's early good mood. Not one of them matched up to him. Then again, when you have pink bedding, not much can match up to that sort of person. Key looked at his still-sleepy band-mates and sighed. "Why don't you all just go back to bed? I'll wake you up before lunch, so you'll at least eat properly today, okay?" Not a word was spoken as the other four members of SHINee looked at Key, at each other, and back at Key. Each of them nodded and slowly made their way back to their beds. Minho and Taemin were last to convince themselves that a bed was a better idea than the table, let alone a chair. However, Key stopped them both from leaving, on the pretense of wanting to ask them something. Actually, it wasn't pretense at all. He had a relevant question to ask. "What was all of that this morning, hmm? You usually come to me or Jinki when you have nightmares, Minho. Was it that bad?" he asked gently. Taemin and Minho glanced at each other for a second, and Minho quietly explained what the problem had been, with Key nodding and 'uh-huh'-ing through the entire explanation. "Okay. I understand, Minho," Key said, waving them off. "Go back to Taemin's bed - you two look thoroughly comfortable so close to one another." The two stared at him for a minute or two, looked at each other, shrugged, and went back to Taemin's room to slip beneath the warm sheets and fall back to dreams, with Minho wrapped tightly in Taemin's arms. Well, they tried to fall back to dreams, but that plan failed horribly the moment Minho fell asleep.

Choi Minho's POV

'No, not again,' I thought. I stood in the middle of a clearing in the forest back home, near the place I had grown up. 'This isn't happening. Not again,' I thought. I looked around the clearing, taking in the silent beauty of the forest. The silent beauty that was shattered only moments later by the sound of gunshots. I began to run. Not away from, but towards the sound. I heard shouting. The sounds of someone stumbling through the underbrush of the forest. Someone's pleading voice, begging for mercy, insistent that they had done nothing wrong. I knew that voice. The youngest, the maknae, of SHINee. Taemin. I had to do something, so I ran faster. And, only seconds later, I came to a dead stop beside an ancient redwood on the edge of another clearing. The melancholy sight before me was heart-wrenching. Taemin, helplessly pinned to a tree by shear fear. A tall, muscular man with red-brown hair dressed in all black, the gun in his hand calmly aimed straight at Taemin's heart. Sunlight streamed down from between the trees, casting light on Taemin and causing shadow to envelop the man in black. "Please…please, I've done nothing! Why? Why…?" Sobs shook Taemin's pleading frame as he begged and pleaded for his life. The man in black said nothing, and flicked the safety one his gun off with his thumb. I wanted to do something, anything, to help Taemin, but it was as if my feet had been glued to the forest floor. I could do nothing but stand and watch as the man checked his aim, grinned, and pulled the trigger of his gun. Taemin's scream rang out at the same time as the sound of the gunshot, and was cut off sickeningly when the bullet lodged itself in his chest. The man with the red-brown hair disappeared, and I could move again. I went straight to Taemin, who was now sitting at the base of the tree he had been trapped by, a dark, red streak behind him from where he had slid down the tree trunk. It felt like I couldn't get to him fast enough, though it only took a couple seconds. I threw myself to my knees beside him, saying his name over and over again. He looked at me with clouded eyes, weakly lifting a had to my cheek. "T-Taemin…" I whispered, bringing a hand up to cover his. "I-I'm…sorry…Minho…hyung. I…should've…ra-" he cut off mid-sentence, coughing. Blood trickled down his chin. I wiped it away, but only for it to be replace by more. That was when I noticed the horrible wound the man in black had left in his wake. Taemin's chest was so soaked with blood, I could barely see where it bubbled to the surface from. "…Hyung…" Taemin whispered, tears leaking from the corners of his eyes. I gently wiped them away with my free hand. "Sshhh, Taemin-ah. Minho. Just Minho," I said quietly to him, carefully brushing his long hair away from his face. He smiled for a moment, and winced in pain. "Taemin?" He only shook his head a little. "…Minho…" Those clouded eyes looked into mine, filled with sadness. "…S-Sarang…hae…Minho…" Taemin smiled at me again, shuddered, and went still. His hand slipped from beneath mine, falling to the ground to rest on the roots of the tree. I screamed his name to the heavens in grief.

Lee Taemin's POV

I had no idea what to do the moment Minho-hyung began twitching in his sleep. Occasionally, he would mutter something, but I couldn't make out the words. I got up out of bed when he started tossing and turning. After a while, he went completely still. He was quiet. And then, just when I thought he was okay, that it was over, he curled in on himself, screaming. But he wasn't just doing that. He wasn't just yelling. It was my name that he was screaming in his sleep. 'He…must be having that nightmare again,' I thought. I still didn't know what to do. Should I wake him up? Leave him alone? Arrghh, I don't know! I supposed I should just wake him up. Of course, the moment I went to do just that, he sat up like someone had dumped cold water on him. "Minho-hyung?" I queried. He just stared at me. "You…had that nightmare again, didn't you?"