Words

Captured Moments

You and I.

Here we are again, the same old story. He dumped you. The jerk. Three times he's done it. Dumped you like you were trash, said all those cruel words. I wish I was there. I would've done something. Punched him maybe. And then he would have beaten me up.

But then, you'd be there to clean up my wounds. But instead, here I am, tending to yours. 

You're sobbing, and hiccupping. He's not worth it. You pull away and I wipe your tears, your nose is red. I hate him. I hate him for making you like this. 

"Don't cry over him." I say. You shake your head. 

I won't.

But you are. And I know, no matter how many times that bastard break your heart, I'll be standing here with scotch tape. Ready to fix your heart so you can give it carelessly away to him.

You sigh and sniffle, shakily defending him, "Junsu didn't mean to, really. Wooyoung ah. Wooyoung ah, look at me!" 

I can't. I don't want to. He meant to. He meant every last word.

He broke you. Broke you so that when he came back after I picked up the pieces, he could smash your heart into even smaller pieces.

But it's okay, isn't it? I'm always going to be hear. No matter how many times those tiny pieces pierce my heart, I'll keep searching until your heart is whole.

You move my face towards yours and give me that look. That wide, doe eyed stare of yours. "Wooyoung ah, I'm sorry."

Sorry. No. 

Sorry's not enough. Maybe if I finally said something. 

But I can't. I'm too afraid. I'm too afraid to lose what I have. Wanting too much is too dangerous for me. I can't lose what little of your heart I own.

So I say nothing. Simply nod and pat your head back on to rest on my shoulder. I wish. I wish you loved me.

Maybe I could say something. And maybe everything would change.

You'd look at me, again with those beautiful eyes, and your pink lips would question me softly, "Why didn't you say so before?" And then you'd kiss me. Kiss me like you kiss him. Only I'd actually love you. I'd be sweet and gentle, and caring and loving. 

I would be. If I said something. Just a word. Just one. But no. What if... What if you became uncomfortable, and then you'd go back to Junsu... and I'd lose you too. I can't risk it.

If only you loved me like I love you.

My heart hurts. So much. If only I'd say something. But I know it, I won't. 

So I just sit there, my arm around you, but it doesn't mean anything. Not to you it doesn't. Maybe it's the arm of your childhood best friend, comforting you. Maybe it's just a pillar of support for now. 

But to me, it's the world. It's everything I want, everything I need. But I don't say a word. We're fine just like this.

I'll glue back your heart and lend you my shoulder when you need me to, so don't worry, I reasure you silently, squeezing your shoulder. You smile up at me and sigh, your crying has ceased.

If that's what it takes, I'll just keep hurting, if that's what it takes to have you in my arms. I'm not going to say anything, not this time, not ever. Let's just stay like this.

You and I.