Chapter Two: Woohyun

We Meet Again

 

Woohyun’s POV

Minhee brought me to the park. The park I used to come with Yoomin. The day Yoomin brought me here was just like today. The weather was perfect, warm with breeze. The faint flower scent brought to my nose by the breeze and the faint noises of little children enjoying their time. We walked into the park with our arms hooked together, just like how Yoomin and I used to. It’s been quite awhile. Never thought I would come here with someone else. Yoomin… She hasn’t left my mind since the day she entered. Now we aren’t together anymore.

“Oppa! We’re here! Isn’t this place great? This is my personal hideout but now you know about it too, so this could be OUR hideout! Okay?” Yoomin held my hands swung them back and forth. I nodded to indicate that I agree. We walked down the path with my hand on her waist and hers on mine. She started laughing and pointed to her left with her free hand. “Oppa, look! That little boy is so cute!” I turned to see the little boy sneakily kissed the little girl. “Not as cute as you, Yoomin.” I whispered in her right ear and grinned. She blinked a couple of times as her cheeks turned rosy pink. She’s just so cute, especially when she blushes.

I chuckled at that thought and looked up as I felt someone staring at me. I froze on the spot. It’s Yoomin. She’s still so pretty. No. She got prettier over the few months. The moment our gaze met, she looked away with hurt evident in her eyes. She lifted her eyes towards me again and when she caught me still staring at her, she turned her head. She started walking towards my direction while avoiding eye contact with me. “Oppa, did you hear what I say? Have you been spacing off. Are you alright?”  Minhee asked, right when Yoomin passed by. She left like we are strangers. Are we strangers now, Yoomin?

“Oppa!” Minhee called again. “Huh? Oh, yeah, I’m fine.” I reply. After a few more steps, I stopped, which stopped Minhee down. “Actually, I just saw Yoomin.” I told Minhee. She froze at that name. Even though she never saw Yoomin, she knows that name. She knows that Yoomin was my ex-girlfriend that I can never forget.

“All I can think about it Yoomin. She must hate me a lot for leaving her, but I had to. I had to break it off before my mom goes to her and humiliate her. I really wish that I could be with her, but I’ll ruin her life. No matter what she wants to do, my mom will destroy that dream. I have to become more powerful than my mom before I go back to her. I know she has been suffering because of me. I know she thinks that I don’t care about her anymore, but I really do. I never forgot about her. Every few days, I will wait around the corner around her house to catch a glimpse of her and check on how she is doing. I know she had been pretended that she’s fine. I know I’m selfish to hope for her to wait a little longer, but I can’t even imagine her with another guy. What should I do?” I ranted out to Minhee.

“Go. Go to her. We both know that you are only still with me because of your company. I knew you would go back to her someday. I knew you never loved me and will never love me. I’m sorry for being selfish and using our businesses to tie you with me.” Minhee told me.

“Please don’t say that you are selfish. I’m the selfish one. I used you for my own benefits. I used your love for me to protect the one I love. I can’t break off our relationship and put you in trouble. It’s not fair for you.” I replied.

“It’s not fair if only you continue pretending to be my loving boyfriend. I always held on to the hope that you will eventually fall for me, but I knew it would never ever happen from the moment her name left your lips just now.” She stated.

“You don’t have to worry. I’m taking over my parents’ company soon. I ensure you that our cooperation will continue and it will not affect your company. I won’t allow your mom to bring your company down. Even though we are not together, we can still be friends right? I think we are better off as best friends anyways.” She continued.

“Of course we are still friends. We had been friends before being in this relationship and were such great friends. I won’t want to lose this friend.” I told her and we both smiled.

“So, now this is settled, go to her. Run. Catch her and tell her before it’s too late.” She told me. “Thanks, Minhee.” I placed my hand on her shoulder and smiled one last time before I turned and run towards Yoomin.

                                                                                                                                                                         

Second chapter is up~~

Please feel free to comment and subscriptions would be loved!!  :)