BONUS: Epilogue: The night after

Just Friends

The night after the last chapter...

 

‘Well that was a successful plan!’ Jungshin and Minhyuk high fived each other.

Jonghyun shared a look with Seohyun, ‘Should we tell them that their plan was a massive mess?’

‘No, I think we shouldn’t,’ Seohyun decided, still being her usual generous self, ‘they were helpful in their own way, even if it wasn’t exactly the way that they anticipated.’

‘Okay, fine,’ Jonghyun was disappointed he couldn’t be the one to break the news to his dongsaengs, ‘by the way, where is the newest campus couple?’

‘Sorry  we’re late!!’ Hyoyeon rushed in, dropping down to her usual seat next to Seohyun, 'did you guys order already?'

Yonghwa came in a few seconds later, ‘Sorry we’re late—yah, what do you think you’re doing?’

All eyes turned to him in confusion.

No one seemed to be doing anything wrong, they were just sitting there greeting him. Hyoyeon looked up at him from her seat and then as if it dawned on her, she smiled and got back up to stand next to him.

‘Hehe, you’re so cute,’ she said, tugging on his hand.

‘Jungshin, move to the other side,’ Yonghwa turned red but instead turned to his dongsaeng.

‘Eeeh? Why?’ the maknae complained cutely, 'I don't want toooooo!'

Yonghwa stared at him for a few seconds as he patiently waited for him to get the picture.

‘Aaaah, I SEE,’ Jungshin nodded quickly and then moved next to Jonghyun.

‘What? What do you see?’ Minhyuk asked in confusion, ‘what just happened? Why doesn’t anyone want to sit next to me?’

‘They want to sit together!’ Jungshin told him in a REALLY LOUD “hushed voice”, ‘because they’re together now.’

‘AAAh,’ Minhyuk grinned, ‘That’s right. My bad.’

'Jungshin, you really didn't need to spell the last bit out,' Yonghwa touched the bridge of his nose as if indicating he was starting to get a headache.

‘Hyo-noona, sit next to me!’ Minhyuk patted the seat next to him.

Yonghwa coughed loudly and then quickly moved Hyoyeon out of the way while he slid in next to Minhyuk.

‘What the?! Hyung!’

‘Problem?’ Yonghwa glared at him.

‘Yah! As if he wants his girlfriend to sit next to a different guy,’ Jungshin whispered.

Hyoyeon laughed with the rest of the table as she slid into her place next to Yonghwa.

As the night wore on they continued poking fun at each other in between eating and drinking. While a part of Hyoyeon thought that it was just like old times, the warm hand that was entwined with hers underneath the table told her that things were different.

And she would take the next chapter with Yonghwa by her side.

Not as a friend, but as something more.


Woo hoo!! So that really is it! The end of this whirlwind fic called "Just Friends". Thanks once again for your support-- I can't thank you enough!!

I also need a bit of help trying to decide on my next fic. So far I'm leaning towards:

Hyo x CN Blue's Jungshin - they had some pretty cute moments in WGM and also meeting again in IY2.

Hyo x Infinite's L - I haven't yet found an interaction between them, but I really like L and I love Hyo, and I'll ship her with anyone... and I found a really cute plot line to use between these two...

Hyo x Exo K's Kai - all those pictures, Maxstep... but if you want this it will take awhile because I'll actually have to research Kai and Exo-K to see what kind of guy he is.

Hyo x SHinee's Taemin - there is something great about a noona/dongsaeng relationship right?

Others that I'm considering are Hyo x Infinite's Hoya and Hyo x CN Blue's Jonghyun.

So please do let me know either in a comment, on my wall, or by psychic message. hehe. I might consider writing one shots for now, just in case you can't imagine any of the above couples (which is possible since I know they're a bit random).

See you again in 2013!!! Love, Kei