3/3

Almost Heaven.

“Are you sure we aren’t trespassing?”

“No worries. We’re not going inside,” Kris explained as he parked the car. “Besides, the estate owner is in Hawaii at this time of the year.”

Yixing looked at Kris skeptically but sighed in defeat.

“Here it is,’ Kris pushed the steel gate open and moved aside to let Yixing enter. “You said you loved gardens, right?”

“W-what is this place?” Yixing gaped, looking left and right.

“I made this place,” Kris answered. Yixing turned around and stared at Kris with wide eyes. “This is my work. I was a landscape architect.”

“I-it’s beautiful,” Yixing commented. “I had no idea, Kris. What a joy it must be to create a place like this.

Kris looked around with a small smile. “Yeah, it was.”

“Do you think you could make a garden for me?”

Kris thought for a while. “Sure,” He shrugged.

“Promise?”

“Promise.”

Kris’ phone started ringing. “Wow, I wonder who could be calling me,” He searched his pockets for his phone and answered it as soon as he found it.

“Hello? Hi, yeah. Uhm, why do you say that? Wait! Why are they giving me a long lease?” Yixing looked up and listened curiously. “Yeah, okay. And..?” Kris’ eyes widened and he immediately dropped the call.

“Why?” Yixing asked.

Kris shoved his phone inside his pocket. “We uh, we have to talk to your bestfriend.”

“Why? What are you going to say to him?”

“I don’t know,” Kris turned around and started to walk. “What kind of dirt do you have on him?”

“Oh, oh!” Yixing exclaimed as Kris fastened his seat belt. “He was caught making out with his ex-boyfriend back when he was in high school. If I remember it right, they called each other ‘cuddle bunny’.”

“That will work,” Kris answered while he started the engine. “That’s good.”

Nobody knows that.”

“That..” Kris drove off, “I think I like him already.”

----------

“So, how did you meet Yixing hyung? You must have worked together,” Baekhyun said as he walked infront of Kris, leading the latter to the living room. “Because everyone knows he wasn’t dating anybody.”

“Everyone likes to rub that one in,” Yixing rolled his eyes.

Kris fiddled with his fingers. “Actually, this is going to be a little difficult to believe, but uhm—“

“Tea!!”

“Baekhyun’s nieces are here?” Yixing turned around to look at the running kids. “They’re supposed to be at school.”

“Hi,” Kris smiled awkwardly at one girl who approached him.

“I’m sorry, what were you saying?” Baekhyun smiled. “How did you know him?”

“Lie your off,” Yixing ordered.

Kris blinked twice. “We worked together.”

“No!” Yixing shouted. “No, no, no! You’re not credible as a doctor. Make something up.”

“No,” Kris corrected. “I mean I didn’t work with him. We worked together on my illness. I used to be his patient. I was sick, I had meningitis—spiral meningitis.”

“Oh,” Baekhyun frowned slightly. “I’m so sorry.”

Spiral meningitis?” Yixing asked, furrowing his eyebrows. “That isn’t even a disease!”

Kris ignored him. “No, don’t worry. I’m fine now. I’m much better.” Baekhyun smiled in relief. “Yixing he uh—he believed in me, believed that I would be able to recover, when nobody else did. And then I was able to recover.”

Baekhyun smiled, tears slowly starting to form. “That sounds just like him. But uhm.. Why are you telling me this?”

“Uhh,” Kris straightened up. “Because I know about his situation, and I just want to say that there are things going on sometimes that are—that are beyond our understanding.”

Baekhyun nodded, not being able to really grasp what Kris was saying.

“And so,” Kris looked more serious than ever and slightly frowned, “I wanted to ask you—actually, I wanted to beg you to uhm.. To give him a little bit more time. He can make it through this. I-I just know it.”

“That’s really sweet of you to say,” Baekhyun said in a soft voice. “But.. It’s kind of too late.”

“W-What do you mean?” Kris asked.

“Kris, right?” Baekhyun asked and clasped his hands together. “You see, it’s too late because I already signed the papers.”

“Baekhyun-ah,” Yixing whispered. “I’m here, hyung’s right here.”

“We’re terminating life support tomorrow at noon.”

“B-but,” Kris shook his head. “I think you might be making a really huge mistake here.”

Baekhyun looked down. “It’s for the best. Really.” He sighed. “This is what Yixing hyung wanted. I mean, I spent my whole life thinking I knew what was best for him. What he should wear, who he should date.” Baekhyun looked up and stared at Kris. “This is the last thing Yixing hyung asked for. A-and for the first time in my life,” Baekhyun said, his voice slightly cracking, “I’m going to respect his wishes.”

Kris sighed. “Look, this is going to sound really strange to you, but..”

Yixing’s eyes widened. “NO.”

“..the truth is that Yixing is here with us right now.” Kris pointed to where Yixing—who sighed and lowered his head in frustration—was exactly standing at. “He’s standing right there, next to you, and he’s begging you to wait.”

Baekhyun stared at him. “Right..next to me?”

Kris nodded. “Right there.”

“Kris, stop,” Yixing said in a serious tone.

“No,” Kris answered, looking at him, not minding if Baekhyun was there. “Let me do this.” He then turned to Baekhyun and continued. “I don’t know why, I don’t know how, but someone I can see his spirit. I know it’s crazy, but I can also talk to him.”

Baekhyun stood there with an unreadable expression. “Could you.. Hold on? Just a sec.” Baekhyun walked past him and called his nieces.

“Wow. Okay, Kris. This could work!” Yixing exclaimed happily. “You need to get him straight to the hospital.”

“Straight to the hospital,” Kris nodded, not noticing Baekhyun who was busy rummaging drawers. Baekhyun pulled out a knife and slammed the drawer close.

“Get the hell out of here!” Baekhyun shouted, charging towards Kris with the knife.

Kris jumped out of surprise before stumbling backwards. “I-I’m not making this up!” He defended, keeping as much space in between him and Baekhyun as possible. “Why would I?”

“Baekhyun-ah! Calm down, just calm down!” Yixing shouted.

“I will cut you; I swear I’m going to cut you!” Baekhyun exclaimed hysterically.

“Tell him about ‘cuddle bunny’!” Yixing ordered.

“I know about ‘cuddle bunny’!” Kris exclaimed.

“What?!” Baekhyun asked in disbelief, but still not dropping the knife.

“I know what you did with ‘cuddle bunny’ back then when you were in high school!” Kris repeated. “I will tell everybody!”

“How did you know that?!” Baekhyun chased after Kris—who headed straight for the door while shouting. “Nobody knows about that!!”

----------

“Suho!” Kris shouted as he entered the shop.

Suho was reading a book but looked up. “Oh, hey man!” He greeted and put down his book. “Whoah, the spirit’s with you isn’t it? You can’t bring that here, what are you thinking?”

“Listen, you were right,” Kris explained. “He’s alive—”

“Cool,” Suho nodded.

“—But he’s in a coma. His family’s going to take him off life support.”

“Not so cool,” Suho frowned. “So are the both of you socializing now?”

“We’ve..” Kris looked at Yixing who looked back at him. “..familiarized.”

Suho nodded with a smile on his face. “Yeah, I can tell. In fact, I’m sensing some pretty intense feelings he has for you, man.”

Kris blinked. “..really?”

Yixing’s eyes widened. “N-no I don’t!” He denied.

“Ooh, major red aura,” Suho teased, looking at the direction Yixing was standing at. “Somebody’s embarrassed.”

“I am not,” Yixing laughed awkwardly and slightly irritated. “Can we focus here?” He turned to Kris.

“Okay,” Kris nodded and turned back to Suho. “Is there a spell or a chant? Electric shock—anything to get his spirit back into his body.”

Suho shook his head. “You’re totally asking the wrong question.”

Kris stared at him, confused. “..why is that wrong?”

Suho sighed. “Look, I have ‘the gift’. I didn’t ask for it, but I do. I can sense these ‘spirits’ or whatever  you like to call them. Why they’re hanging around here in the first place? That’s their unfinished business.”

“..Do I have the gift?”

“Dude, please,” shook his head. “You don’t have it. You’re a civilan.”

“Then why is it that I can see him and talk to him when nobody else can?”

“Exactly,” Suho nodded.

Kris furrowed his eyebrows. “Exactly what?”

That’s the right question.”

----------

“What does he mean?” Kris plops himself down the sofa, frustrated. “I feel like it’s right there infront of us, I just can’t quite grasp it.” He runs his hands through his hair and sighs.

Yixing takes the seat near the window and looks out. “How could you even solve a problem that’s impossible in the first place?”

“Because nothing seems impossible to me anymore,” Kris answers as he throws his head back and closes his eyes. “I mean, why did I move into this apartment in the first place? Why can I see you when no one else can? Why were we in that restaurant when that guy collapsed? It’s like everything’s connected or something.”

“What do you mean?” Yixing asks and faces him.

Kris’ eyelids roll back and he lets out another sigh. “I don’t know,” He shakes his head. “I just feel like I missed something in here.”

Kris stands up to call Suho again, and Yixing looks at the table. He tilts his head and slightly furrows his eyebrows when he sees a very familiar picture resting on the table. “Kris,” He calls out and Kris turns around. “Where did you get this?” He asks, pointing at the picture. “It was just at the hospital. H-how..?”

“Yeah, I—“ Kris clears his throat and looks down. “I took it..” He admits. “I’m sorry.. I-I just wanted to have a picture of you,” He explains sincerely and looks up. “I wasn’t sure I was g-going to ever see you a-again. I-I’m sorry.”

Yixing nods and smiles slightly. “Don’t be sorry,” he answers calmly. “T-that’s really nice of you,” He looks up to stare at Kris, and Kris sees that his eyes are glassy. He sniffs and chuckles lightly before looking at the picture again. “I really like this picture.”

“Yeah, I.. I like it too,” Kris takes the spot beside him.

“The results of my College Scholastic Ability Test were just released then,” Yixing explains.

“Yeah?” Kris smiles and grabs the picture. “You must have done well.”

Yixing laughs. “No, actually I failed. And I mean failed.

“Is that a good thing..?”

“No, of course!” Yixing laughs again but sniffs in the middle. “I wanted to go to the library and study the whole day but Baekhyun said no. He said that the only thing we should do is burn my scores and drink soju. Lots and lots of soju.”

“Well, it looks like he was right,” Kris smiles at Yixing.

“It’s just funny,” Yixing tilts his head to stare at how happy he looks like in the picture, “Because it’s the one time I completely failed at something.. Yet  I had more fun than I’d ever had in my whole life.”

“You look happy,” Kris comments.

Yixing nods. “I am happy.” He furrows his eyebrows again sniffs. “But what was I doing with the rest of my time? When I think about my life all I can remember is working,” He turns to Kris and starts wiping his tears. “You know? Working and working and trying so hard. And all of it was for what?”  

Kris stares at him with concern. “You help people. You-you save lives.”

“Yeah,” Yixing answers. “I saved lives—including mine. I saved my life.. for later.” He closes his eyes and shakes his head. “It just that—I never thought there wouldn’t be a later.”

“No, don’t say that,” Kris says. “There’s still time. We’re going to back there and talk to Baek—”

“You know,” Yixing interrupts him and wipes his tears. “I just don’t want to spend my last night crying. Or.. fighting my fate. I wanna do something,” He turns to Kris and smiles. “With you.”

Kris looks up and sighs. “Okay. Okay, sure,” He stands up, “What do you want to do? Fly back to China? Go to America? How about Canada? Let’s go, let’s do it!”

Yixing smiles and looks away, but keeps quiet for a while. “There is something I would like to do,” He says and looks up to stare at Kris.

“..anything,” Kris whispers.

Yixing and Kris find themselves sitting on the bed and staring into each other’s eyes. They don’t really know or remember how this happened, but for Kris, if this is what Yixing wanted, then so be it.

Everything was just too quiet that Kris swore he could already hear the sound of his own heart beating until Yixing finally opened his mouth to talk.

“I think I finally know what my unfinished business is,” He says in a soft voice.

Kris blinks. “What?”

Yixing smiles and brings up his hand infront of Kris. The latter stares at it for a while, not really sure of what to do, until his own hand—like it had a mind of its own—slowly made its way up to rest itself on top of Yixing’s.

Yixing smiles, remembering how he felt Kris’ touch back in the hospital, and Kris flinched slightly upon feeling something warm and—he couldn’t even explain what is it or how it exactly feels like—spreading across his palms.

The only thing he was sure of, though, was that there was some kind of connection between the two of them.

You,” Yixing finishes.

----------

Kris blinks his eyes open as soon as the soft rays of sunlight touches his face. “Yixing..” He whispers with a small smile on his face before turning to the other side of his bed. “Yixing?” His eyes widen when he sees that Yixing wasn’t there. “Yixing?!” He sits up, almost shouting Yixing’s name.

“I’m here,” Yixing speaks softly, and Kris sighs in relief upon seeing him sitting on the corner of the room.

“I thought you were gone,” Kris admits and rushes to the bathroom, washing his face and brushing his teeth as fast as he could. “Suddenly I know what I’m supposed to do,” He says and sits on the edge of his bed to wear his shoes. “because this time, I can do something.”

Yixing’s forehead creases (A/N: LOL AYO WADDUP KREAAAASE!!) in confusion. “What are you talking about?”

“When we uh, when we first met—“ Kris grunts as he pushes his foot inside the shoe and looks up to face Yixing, “—I kept saying that you were dead. But it was me who was dead, and you brought me back,” He straightened up as soon as he finished putting on his shoes. “You saved me. And now, it’s my turn to save you.”

Yixing looks around, still confused. “..how?”

Kris sighs and shrugs. “I’m going to steal your body.”

...

“Kris!” Yixing shouts as he runs after him. “Kris! What are you thinking? You can’t do this!”

Kris turns around. “Why can’t I?”

“Because you’ll go to jail,” Yixing answers, concerned.

“So what?” Kris answers. “If something happens to you, do you think I’ll care I will be?”

Yixing stares at him, confused, concerned and nervous all at the same time. He rolls his eyes and tries to talk Kris out of doing this again. “The things that you’d have to know to even start to pull this off—“

“You know them,” Kris cuts him off. “You’ll talk me through it.”

Yixing stands infront of him with an unreadable expression before sighing in defeat. “Okay, you’re going to need a van,” Kris nods. “And a person with no morals.”

----------

"Okay, grab a cart," Yixing instructs as Kris pushes the door to the medical supplies room open. Kris follows and takes the cart closes to him. "You need a blood pressure cuff," Yixing points to the one on the top shelf and Kris pulls the cart along before grabbing it, "And a portable ventilator–the yellow one, right there.”

“Kris, what are you doing?” Chanyeol hisses as soon as he enters the room. “This isn’t a sale!”

“All right,” Kris stands up and talks to Chanyeol as calmly as possible. “Okay, I knew you wouldn’t come if I told you the truth. My imaginary friend is not imaginary. He is the spirit of a man who is in a coma upstairs, who they’re going to take off life support. And we have got to get him someplace safe.”

“Really?” Chanyeol asked in disbelief, resting his hands on his hips.

“Really.”

“See, I told you. You should’ve told him ealier,” Yixing says.

Kris looked over Chanyeol’s shoulder. “He wouldn’t have believed me!”

“Does he believe you now?” Yixing retorts.

“I had to get him into the hospital!”

Chanyeol raises both his hands up to calm Kris down. “Kris, let me take you upstairs to the psych ward. There are people up there who can help you.”

“There’s no time!” Kris shakes his head. “It’s 11:30 right now! He’s going to be dead in half an hour!”

“Tell him I know this is hard for him to believe right now!” Yixing panicks.

“Yixing is standing right behind you,” Kris points out and Chanyeol turns around, still not the least bit amused. “He says he know this his hard for you to believe—“

“Oh is he really?” Chanyeol asks sarcastically. “Look, if your friend is really right behind me, then ask him what I’m doing: rock, paper or scissors.”

“Rock!” Yixing exclaims when he sees Chanyeol’s fist curl into a ball.

“Rock!” Kris repeats. Chanyeol’s smirk disappears.

“Scissors!”

“Scissors!”

“Paper!”

“Paper.”

“Rock again,”

“Rock again!”

Yixing gasps. “He’s raising his middle finger on me!”

Kris’ eyes widen. “Are you raising your middle finger on him? You’re raising your middle finger on him!”

“H-how—“ Chanyeol gapes and looks around. “Okay,” He says as he rubs his face with his hands. “Sometimes people with emotional and mental disturbances can have psychic moments. But even if he was real, do you know what you’re risking for this man?!” He exclaims.

“Yes!” Kris shouts without hesitation.

Why?”

“B-because I love him!” Kris admits. “I love him..” He sighs.

Yixing looks up, confused and shocked. Kris looks over Chanyeol’s shoulder again to face Yixing. “I do,” He assures him. “I love you.”

Yixing smiles and for the first time, Kris sees his dimple, and a visible shade of pink appears on his cheeks. “No one has ever said that to me before..” He whispers, clearly touched.

Chanyeol looks back and forth from Kris to where Yixing is standing (but still not seeing anything).

----------

"Kris," Yixing says as he pushes the stretcher along with Chanyeol. Kris turns his head to look at him. "Tell him we're thankful."

"We're really grateful, Chanyeol." 

"I'm not doing it for you," Chanyeol answers. "I'm doing this because someday—trust me—I'm going to need help moving a body, and when that day comes, I don't wanna hear anything from you." He says, glaring at Kris before looking straight ahead again. 

Kris just stared at him blankly, half-confused, half-scared.

"Okay, get me on the stetcher, quick!" Yixing instructs.

Kris and Chanyeol run to the opposide sides of Yixing's body. Chanyeol suddenly gasps. "Oh my goodness, Kris!" He exclaims.

"I know," Kris answers and fixes what needs to be fixed. "He's pretty, right?"

"No, that's not it," Chanyeol shakes his head. "This is him," He points out. "This is the person I set you up with, the person you stood up that night!"

Kris stares at him, confused. "I-I was going to meet Yixing?" 

"And he didn't make it either because he had an accident!"

"It was you," Kris exclaims, facing Yixing who was standing there, shocked. "Is that it, is that why?" He turns to Chanyeol again. "How did you meet him?"

"I'm friends with his bestfriend. We used to date one another years ago," Chanyeol explains.

Yixing narrows his eyes at Chanyeol. "I knew I'd seen him before! He's Cuddle Bunny!" 

"Chanyeol is Cuddle Bunny?" Kris asks out loud, and Yixing nods.

"What did you—okay, no one has called me Cuddle Bunny except for Baekhyun and that was years ago," 

"He was the one who was caught making out with Baekhyun back in high school?"

Chanyeol's eyes widen. "How did you know that? Nobody knows that!"

"It's Yixing!" Kris answers.

"O-oh, so he really is here.." Chanyeol mutters.

"I told you!" Kris exclaims.

"Well then let's get him out of here! I don't want them killing Baekhyun's bestfriend!" 

They start lifting Yixing's body off the bed when the doorknob clicked. The three of them turned around in surprise and hear someone talking. 

"That's Sehun!" Yixing exclaims.

Kris glances at his wristwatch. "He's fifteen minutes early!"

Chanyeol stares at the door with wide eyes. "I think he's coming in," He whispered.

Kris runs to the door to meet Sehun and leaves Chanyeol to fix everything. 

"Be careful, he's kind of smart. His name is—" 

"—Dr. Oh?" Kris calls out, surprising Sehun. "Hi, Kris Wu," He extends an arm to shake hands with him because Yixing told him to buy some time and introduce himself as a doctor while Chanyeol works inside. "I'm a doctor, and I'm a special consultant. Dr. Park sent me down for final evaluation." He says, repeating every single word Yixing had said.

Sehun stares at him in doubt. "I had no verbal or written instructions about that."

Yixing sighs in frustration. "Tell him there's new evidence to support that the full—"

"—funtionality can be restored," Kris repeats again. "We need to run some tests."

Sehun raises and eyebrow and places his hands on his hips. "Who's 'we'?"

"Tell him your team's downstars," Yixing instructs.

"My team is downstairs with a signed order from Dr. Park."

Sehun nods. "This is the first time I've heard about this, you wouln't mind if I talk to Dr. Park?"

"Go ahead," Kris smiles. "Go ahead and confirm with him. We'll wait right here."

Sehun takes his phone out from his white coat. "I'll just.. call him." He dials a few numbers and smiles at Kris while waiting for Dr. Park to pick-up. Kris bites his lower lip in frustration and impatience before throwing a punch onto Sehun's face. 

"Kris!" Yixing gasps.

"I'm not convincing him!" Kris defends. 

Fortunately, Chanyeol comes out from the room with Yixing's body on the stretcher, ready to go.

"This way, Kris!" Yixing shouts and runs, leading Chanyeol and Kris towards the elevator. "Take a right turn here," He points out and Kris tells Chanyeol to do so.

"The elevator!" Kris shouts and Chanyeol runs to press the button when a secutiy guard stops them. Chanyeol tackles the security guard into the elevator instead and curses as soon as he sees Yixing's breathing tube in the guard's hand.

Kris pushes the stretcher and runs to wherever his feet takes him to, avoiding as much people as possible. However, when he reaches the middle of the lobby, he finds himself surrounded by the security guards.

"Kris," Yixing calls.

"Yixing," Kris answers, panting.

"Kris my breathing tube is gone," Yixing points out.

"What?" Kris looks and sees that the breathing tube is indeed missing. "No! What can I do?" He asks.

Yixing shakes his head. "It's too late. It's happening." The heart rate monitor shows that Yixing's heart beat is slowing down.

"No," Kris growls.

"It's strong.." Yixing whispers, and Kris starts to see right through him.

"Be stronger," Kris commands.

Yixing shakes his head once more. "It's pulling me away.." Tears begin to form inside his eyes before he disappers completely and the monitor shows a flatline. 

"NO!" Kris shouts. "Stay with me," He whispers before lowering himself to plant a kiss on Yixing's lips. 

Security guards pull him away and he shouts, kicks and reaches for Yixing's body hysterically. "Yixing!" He shouts when the guards pushed him on the ground, "No! HELP HIM!" He growls to Sehun who was telling the nurse to give him a sedative.

Baekhyun starts to sob and Kris continues to try and break-free from the group of people holding him. "Yixing!!" He shouts again, his voice breaking slightly and he chokes back a sob. "..no."

For a moment, all they could hear was the flatline beeping of the monitor and the muffled sobbing of Kris and Baekhyun. 

Everyone receives a shock, however, when the monitor began to beep again, indicating that Yixing's heartbeat had returned.

"What's going on?" Baekhyun asks, confused.

"T-That's not possible," Sehun answers.

Yixing suddenly inhales deeply and starts to cough. Baekhyun and Lu Han both run towards him. "Hyung, Yixing-hyung, can you hear me?" He grabs Yixing's hand and clutches it hard before he started to cry harder.. "I can't believe we almost let you go." 

Kris stands up, but the guards still had a firm grip around his arms. 

Yixing opens his eyes and stares at Baekhyun blankly. "Baekhyun-ah.." He whispers.

Baekhyun looks up and nods towards the guards. "It's okay.." He says softly while sniffing. "You can let him go."

Kris is let go and he smiles at Baekhyun gratefully who just nods while a small smile. He reluctantly walks towards Yixing and greets the younger as soon as their eyes meet. "Hey," he whispers with a smile.

Yixing furrows his eyebrows. "..hello."

"It's me," Kris whispers and Yixing continues to stare at him blankly.

"I-I'm sorry, I don't.." He turns towards Baekhyun. 

"Hyung, it's Kris," Baekhyun says calmly. "You don't remember Kris?"

Yixing looks back at Kris again, and the latter frowns slightly. "The apartment, the rooftop, the garden," He whispers. Yixing stares at him with an unreadable expression, not saying anything. "..nothing?"

He tries to hold Yixing's hand but Yixing pulls it away.

Baekhyun lays a hand on Yixing's shoulder. "Hyung, you don't remember him at all?" Yixing shakes his head with a scared expression on his face. Baekhyun looks up to stare at Kris, but Kris just simply nods and walks away without saying anything.

----------

"Did you move something?" Yixing asks Baekhyun as he looks around his apartment. Baekhyun shakes his head with a small pout. "Oh," Yixing nods and continues to look around more. "I just have a strange feeling like.. like something's missing.." He frowns.

"Everything's here just as you left it," Baekhyun answers.

Yixing chuckles. "I guess it's just been a long time," He shrugs.

"Are you sure you're going to be okay?" Baekhyun asks for the seventh time this day. He opens his arms and pulls Yixing into a hug. 

"Of course," Yixing answers as he rubbed Baekhyun's back assuringly. "I'm going to be fine."

Baekhyun pulls away. "I'll be going then. I'll see you on Saturday, okay?" 

...

Yixing sits near the window, still in deep thought about the certain feeling he has now. He's sure something's missing. He can feel it. He knows it. He's just not sure what that something is.

He stand up and walks around, eyeing the furniture and everything else with a creased forehead. 

For some unknown reason, though, his feet take him outside the apartment and to the staircase leading to the rooftop. He looks up, trying to see what was up there, but only got blinded but the sunlight. He sighs and decides to just climb up the stairs. What's there to lose anyway?

He gasps as soon as he gets on the rooftop.

A beautiful garden—filled with all sorts of flowers and plants and fountains—greeted him.

"Hi," A deep and slightly familiar voice greets him too. He turns around and sees the person from the hospital slowly walking towards him. "Uhm.. Don't worry," He raises his hands in defense. "I'm—I just wanted you to have a garden."

Yixing stares at him, still wondering who he is. "H-how did you get up here?" He finally asks.

Kris hums, thinking of what exactly to answer. "Spare key? Under the fire extinguisher."

Yixing stands there, thinking harder than before. How did he even know about that spare key?

"Look, the last thing I want to do is scare you," Kris says with a small smile. He nods slightly before turning around. "Goodbye, Xingyi."

Yixing nods in acknowledgement, but furrows his eyebrows when he remembers something upon hearing that name. "Wait!" He calls out. 

Kris stops in his tracks and turns around reluctantly. "..yeah?"

Yixing blinks, not sure of what to say or why he even called Kris. "T-the key. I need the key back," He blurts out. 

"Oh, right," Kris slips a hand into one of his pockets and brings out the key. He slowly walks towards Yixing and reaches out, holding the key. "Here."

"..how do I know you?" Yixing whispers when Kris was just a few feet away from him.

Kris smiles. "Maybe from your dreams."

Yixing brings his hand up to get the key, but the moment their hands touch, memories started to flood his mind. He shakes his head, his eyes starting to get glassy. "It wasn't a dream.."

Kris smiles slightly and shakes his head. "No.."

"..Kris..?"

Kris' eyes started to become glassy too. He nods, slightly sniffing. "Yeah,"

The both of them just stood there for a few seconds, looking into each other's eyes and hands still touching, before Kris decided to grab Yixing's hand and pull him into a kiss.


A/N: OH MY GOD, IT'S DONE. I FINALLY FINISHED IT. 

Sorry for the long wait. ^^;; And sorry for failing so hard. I just.. I wanted to finish this as soon as possible so that I wouldn't keep you waiting any longer so I rushed everything and boom! ~sighs~ Oh well. I did my best. ;~;