Slip Away

Slip Away

Listen to this while you're reading:

Nell - Slip Away

I've been waiting for the right moment to make a fic inspired by one of Nell's song and finally, here it is.

Enjoy reading!

 

----------

 

 

 

 

Lu Han’s POV

 

“Come on, guys. Hurry up. We will be late for our flight.”

“Kris.” I called out to him before he could tell me to get in the van.

“What is it, Lu Han?” He asked.

“Can I be in the same van as Sehun’s? Just this once… please.” I pleaded, desperation evident in my voice.

“Okay.” Kris simply said before opening the car door and hopping in. I smiled weakly in response.

 

“Kris hyung allowed you?” Sehun eagerly asked, as if nothing was wrong.

“Yes, he allowed me. Let’s get in.” I smiled brightly and held his hand.

 

Together, we sat at the back seat of the van. The others were shocked to find me inside but eventually, they didn’t mind having an addition in the van.

Silence filled the surrounding. If it was out of exhaustion because of practice or out of respect because they knew what happened between Sehun and me, I did not know but I was grateful for the silence.

“Sehun-ah.” I put out my iPhone from my pocket and called Sehun’s attention who was blankly staring outside the window.

“Here.” I handed him an earphone while putting on the other one on and plugged the earphones.

I scanned the songs on my phone, looking for that one song I’ve always wanted to hear with him. Every word, every meaning of the song exactly fit our story and it gives me goose bumps just to hear it. But this was the perfect time for Sehun and I to listen to this song. Because in a few hours, we’ll be separated again and we both know that this would be the last moment of our so-called HunHan moments.

 

♫ Until the last moment you’ve consoled me

But it’s as if you don’t know

What is it that makes me miserable 

 

As the music starts and the lyrics flowed smoothly, Sehun’s grip on my hands tighten.

I know he feels the same as me and I know it’s neither his fault nor my fault that it has come to this point. We were meant to be together but then, we were meant to be… separated.

“What did we tell you about getting too close to each other?”

Sehun and I shuddered from the raging wrath that was our managers.

“Sehun, you’re in K. Lu Han, you’re in M. Focus on your pairings in your own group. Don’t crossover!” M’s manager nagged.

It was the third time Sehun and I were being scolded for being too touchy with each other. They warned us about being in a pairing together. They told us our pairing days were over and that we have new pairings to make.

“But hyung. We are not just doi---” Sehun’s words were cut off as K’s manager glared at him.

“Don’t tell me about it. I know, it’s not fanservice. But this world of entertainment is full of fanservice. Your affection towards each other are merely fanservice to the eyes of the fans.” I could feel Sehun fuming beside me.

“Hyung, can we just do fanservice with the other members but still be close to each other?” I pleaded, trying my best not to sound so distressed and failing.

“No, focus on your group members. Fanservice with your members. This is our last warning. You know how mean the CEO gets when it comes to this kind of things.” They pointed a finger at us accusingly, like we did something so wrong.

Was it wrong for Sehun and I to feel comfortable in each other’s arms? Was it wrong for Sehun and I to have feelings for each other? Is fanservice really that important in one’s idol career?

 

I felt warm streaks of liquid running down my cheeks. I inspected it and realized that it was tears, my tears. I quickly wiped the tears away, afraid Sehun might see but it was too late. I sensed a familiar, comforting hand held my hand. I looked up to see Sehun’s sad smile and it took everything I had not to burst into tears. Sehun wrapped his warm and protective arms around me, knowing that I was having a hard time.

 

♫ I swell up at the days that are to be forgotten

More so than for the days when I will be left alone

It pains me that I can’t give you

More so than I can’t have you 

 

“It’s okay. Let it all out. I’ll wipe your tears away for you.” Sehun whispered into my ear softly.

 

 I never meant to hurt you

I never meant to make you cry

I only wanted to tell you 

 

I heard faint sniffles around me and it took me a minute to realize that the sniffling was coming from me. I was already a crying mess beside Sehun who was constantly patting my back in comfort. I sank more into Sehun’s tight embrace, holding onto like the world would fall apart if I let go.

 

 You turned away, but even then you worried about me

But it’s as if you don’t know

What is it that makes things so hard on me 

 

When I finally calmed myself a bit, I broke from the embrace and looked straight into Sehun’s eyes. His eyes were still the same eyes filled with innocence and passion, those eyes that draw me to him in the first place.

 

“This is the new trainees, Lu Han and Kyungsoo. I hope you don’t bully them and instead help them, okay?”

All eyes were on me and the boy beside me whose name was Kyungsoo. It was our first day as trainees and it was our first meeting with the other trainees.

“Hi, I’m Joonmyun.” A boy with an angelic smile came up to us and introduced himself.

Everything fell into place as Kyungsoo and I got comfortable with the other trainess. Everyone was so nice and accommodating that I felt giddy. But I soon realized that there was still one missing piece in my puzzle called life when I met Sehun. The moment I met Sehun that day, it felt like I’ve found a long lost brother. His permanent droopy eyes showed a flash of innocence in his soul that lured me to him, making me feel protective with him.

 

The ride was almost over. We were nearing the airport and we were nearing our end. I spent the last minutes with Sehun, just looking at each other in the eyes as if words were flowing through our minds. Sehun flashed a smile, a strained smile that I wish I never saw. It hurt me to see him like this. I preferred his grumpy face more than his forced smile. I cupped his face carefully like I was handling a baby and slowly, I pulled him to kiss his forehead.

 

♫ More than the loneliness that is left alone,

More than the tear stained heart,

More than the entwined moment,

More than the one and only truth… 

 

“We may never be fated to be lovers, but I promise you… your place in my heart will never be replaced by anyone, be it a lover, a friend or family.” I said before lightly pressing my lips against his.

“I know. We are more than lovers, we are more than friends, we are more than family. We are…” He pulled me closer to him and closed the distance between our lips. We savored the moment like it was the last, for it was probably the last time we would become this close. When we felt the need for air again, we broke from the kiss. “…soulmates.”

 

♫ It is the sorrowfulness that everything will be forgotten

I swell up at the image even erasing the memories

The image that I would get so familiar with 

 

Once we got to the airport, all I heard were words of goodbyes and good lucks. I could hear Tao crying once again as we would be separated from our twin group for another month or so. This has always happened but Tao can never seem to get used to it.

“Ge Ge, always call us, okay?” Tao hugged the EXO-K members tightly, afraid to let go.

“Don’t worry, we’ll see each other again soon. Let’s do our best for EXO while we’re away from each other, okay?” Suho patted Tao’s back in hopes of comforting him but only gained a louder cry from the younger boy.

“Zitao, what did I tell you about being a crybaby? Come here.” Kris opened his arms and Tao immediately threw himself in Kris’s warm embrace.

During those times, Sehun and I were already separated. We were together with our respective members and we dared not to look at each other. We were already hurt too much from all that has happened and we don’t want to make things harder for each other by looking like the world had fallen apart.

When it was time to board the plane, the EXO-K members were waving at us with smiles plastered on their faces. EXO had already promised to each other that when one group would be leaving, the other would be smiling in encouragement.

By the time everyone had gone on board, I was still standing on the same place for five minutes. I took one last look in time to see Sehun tearing up but still with a smile on his face. I smiled and finally turned to walk away.

 

♫ I never meant to hurt you

Only wanted to tell you

That I am still in love with you 

 

 

 

 

A/N: I'm so sorry if this was bad~ TvT
I just really need to let out all my frustrations as a die-hard HunHan shipper.
All the SeKai and XiuHan going around was too much for me to handle so I had to do this so that at least, there's a reason for me to think why HunHan is not interacting as much as they did before~