Snowflakes, One and the Same

Snowflakes, One and the Same

 

Dara’s POV

 

 

I heard it’s going to snow today! Hmmm… the weather has been weird lately, not that I’m complaining – which I should be says everyone around me, especially Bom.  It’s actually very interesting, the results of the doings of global warming. We should have a song to promote saving the earth.

 

 

Anyways, as I was thinking before I went all environmentalist-y the weird weather is actually giving me nothing but happiness. It reminds me of him and also the empty spot beside my Hello Kitty umbrella so I couldn’t be any happier with the creepy smile I have on my face right now.

 

 

“Seeing that look on your face I’m guessing you’ll be going out later” speaking of the devil, Bom came out from her room fixing her hair up. “I don’t know, I’m thinking about it” I answered her, looking out the window and watching the lights of the cars driving by, it almost look like Christmas lights.

 

 

She came and sat with me, pouring herself a glass of the wine we sneaked inside the room, hidden from the eyes of the 2, it’s not like they’ve never seen us drink before but sometimes what we drink is a bit above the alcohol percentage that we should be drinking according to them. Sitting out here in the veranda is one of the things the unnies do when the 2 maknaes aren’t home, watching over the Han River and drink. Sometimes we lit scented candles around if we’re feeling a bit sentimental.

 

 

“If you go out cover up, you don’t want another reason for another lecture from the 2” she talked after the short silence between us. I smiled and nodded remembering how it went when I came back late and a bit wet that time. If not for Bommie I would have been up all night listening to the 2. “Aigoo! Neh umma” I teased and she just snorted.

 

 

An hour later I came out of the building to go for a walk near the river, get that wine out of me before the leader finds out. Again, I’m going to complain how I always get lectured for the smallest thing when Bom obviously did something more scandalous or at least worse than what I did.

 

 

Oddly, the temperature isn’t as cold as I thought it would be but still I wished I took some gloves with me and to make it more uncomfortable I picked a sweater without pockets and it would look so strange walking around with my hands freezing inside my jean pockets.

 

 

“Pretty” I smiled at the lights put up and decorated the trees by the side walk, making it look like it’s that time of year again. Around it are 2 kids, about 6 years old maybe, holding hands and looking like they’re on a date. Aigoo, young love!

 

 

There was nowhere to go and I think I’ve walked the distance my thin legs can take so I sat down on one of the benches and just stared up the night sky, waiting for the snow fall to come. I remember passing by the front gate and seeing a banner about a firework display tonight, well if the snow doesn’t come at least that’s something to look forward to.

 

 

Unlike the last time I went for a walk there are a lot more people roaming around, probably waiting for the snow to come as well. Kids are running around even though it’s a weeknight and even the halmonis and harabojis are outside too, wouldn’t it be nice if the girls were here too.

 

 

“Aigoo” I puffed, breathing on my hands for warmth, I pulled my legs nearer to me and hugged myself. I really feel like a homeless person or something, I’m so going to get a word from them if I’m sneezing when I get home or coughing.

 

 

“You can have this if you want” out of nowhere a pair of gloves was put in front of my face.

 

 

I wasn’t able to say anything because of the shock, well not really a shock but more like the déjà vu-ness of the moment and it just hit me hard. “Neh?” I answered, moving the gloves out of my face to see who it came from, of course I was thankful but something inside me hoped that it’s the guy from before.

 

 

Right when I moved the thing covering my face I saw familiar eyes, brown eyes that I’ve seen before but I can’t say where or when.

 

 

“Umm… I saw you breathing on your hand and you look like your freezing so I thought maybe you’d want something to warm you up” he said with a very sweet voice, I smiled back and nodded like a child and holding out my hand for the pink gloves.

 

 

He chuckled like I did and put the gloves not IN my hand but ON my hand, if you know what I mean? He put them on my hands instead of giving it to me for me to put in, I was at a complete shock of he’s sweetness and niceness.

 

 

“You didn’t have too” I said, muffled through the mask I was wearing. He shook his head and said. “It’s okay and it looked like you really needed it” he said, then looked forward, sitting the same way I did.

 

 

Isn’t it ironic that I’m acting this comfortable with a stranger I have no idea in hell what he do or all that. I have to admit though the feelings 3 weeks ago, when I met that guy in the rain was all coming back again but all at the same time I have this hope in mind that it isn’t someone else and be him again.

 

 

“I’ll give it back to you right when I leave or you leave” I said, looking to him. He looked back and I could feel the rush of blood on my cheeks when he flashed me his smile again. “Nah, it’s cool. You can have it, I have the same pair at home” he said and it’s seriously starting to freak me out.

 

 

It’s like a replay of what happened that day but it’s just reversal on the character role. I chuckled at the realization of that and then got a poke on my side. “Acckk” I yelped and stared at him.

 

 

“What was that for?”

 

 

“For chuckling on your own and not sharing” he said trying to poke me again. “E.T” I met the point of his fingers with mine and acting the movie E.T. “You’re cute” he said and again he has his way of words.

 

 

“I know I am” I winked but I don’t know if he saw it coz of the light.

 

 

Then we fell into silence that was a bit awkward, honestly speaking. But there was nothing to say and to talk about, we don’t know each other so there’s nothing I can do about that even if I want to which I do.

 

 

I yawned quietly and felt something drop in my nose, I looked up and under the light of the street lamp were the single flakes of snow falling from the night sky. “Wow” I gasped, standing up and not losing my sight on the snow.

 

 

Out of nowhere Jongkook oppa’s song It’s Love started to play, I looked at the other people who were as amazed by the scene as I am slowly stop and call out for their partners, when they did they took each other’s hands and started swaying along the sweet music.

 

 

“May I?” the guy from the bench and the gloves tapped my shoulder and asked for a dance.

 

 

“It’s not my fault though if I step on your foot” I joked and he chuckled, he gentlemanly took my hand and place them around his neck while his gently wrapped themselves around my waist.

 

 

“This feels strange” he joked, looking down at me.

 

 

His height is just perfect for me and I love it but it’s not helping with the urge inside of me to know who he is even if I feel like it’s not going to work with us. This is why I don’t really like falling in love because it makes everything for me so complicated even if it’s just a small thing.

 

 

“Really? It feels kind of nice” I said without thinking about it, I bit my lip when the words came out from me. He probably thinks I’m one of those easy girls any one can pick up any time.

 

 

Then the fireworks started to come out, taking all attention up to the sky. The colors of the explosions were really pretty and so I let go of him, stepped back a little to enjoy the view along the snow that was still falling. But much to my dismay I got a text message demanding that I go home this instant since it was getting late.

 

 

“I need to go home” I said, I don’t even know why I said it out loud it’s not like he cares or something. I just felt stupid for that.  “Here” I said trying to change the topic. I started to take off the glove but his hand stopped mine and put the gloves back on again. “You keep it okay” he said then left before I could.

 

 

“I think I know you” I said to myself as I watch his figure disappear in the darkness of the night. Was oppa’s song a sign or something? Then 2 snowflakes falling separately landed on my hands, I smiled as I realized it was one and the same.

 

 

Jaejoong’s POV

 

 

It’s been 3 weeks since the storm and since I found or met the girl that I’m deeply in love with even though I have no idea who she is at all. Well, love moves in mysterious way I can’t complain on that. Anyways, this past 3 weeks has been very sunny and nice weather which I do not really like at the moment, I don’t know why but I prefer rainy, dark and cold weather.

 

 

The Hello Kitty Umbrella is here at my room on a small temple made for it, well not really a temple but a space of it own so I can stare at it without anything close to it distracting me. The 3, Yoochun, Junsu and Hyunjoong are all complaining like kids because I haven’t been out with them recently and they miss me? Yeah right, they just want someone to treat them food when they’re the ones who has so much more schedules and money at the moment.

 

 

“Hyung we’re going out later want to come with?” Junsu poked his head inside my room, using those pleading eyes on me again like it ever worked on me. I rolled my eyes and covered my head with my blanket, hoping he’ll think of it as a nice way of saying ‘Get out of here’.

 

 

“It’s going to snow tonight, it might be nice to see the weird weather” he continued on without any sign of giving up any time soon. I groaned and sat up, glaring at him but he just ignored it and kept smiling.

 

 

“I don’t have any choice do I?” I asked not smiling or showing any sign of happiness on me.

 

 

“Nope” he popped the letter ‘p’ and came inside the room. “Come on hyung, you said it yourself you met that girl when the weather was weird and tonight would be a weird weather, so don’t you think you might see her tonight” he tried to convince me and it was working.

 

 

What he said was pretty logical for my situation and at the same time I really need to get out coz my place is starting to bore me out.  He jumped off the bed and then ran outside when he saw the ‘yes’ expression on my face, hope I don’t regret going out.

 

 

The whole time they were talking about things they already talked about the other day they came to my place so I don’t get the point of talking about it all over again. If the term that describes man who really likes to gossip hasn’t been discovered yet well they can use “Junsu-Yoochun-Hyunjoong” for it, I’m sure they don’t mind that.

 

 

We passed by a store that sells everything that has Hello Kitty on it. I stopped right in the middle of the glass window and stared at the explosion of cuteness inside the store. “Wonder if she got the umbrella here” I said to myself then noticing 2 girls come out giggling like there’s no tomorrow. It’s obvious what they want so I didn’t give it to them and caught up with the others.

 

 

“Eeiiii hyung! You’re really putting yourself on reserve for the girl huh” Junsu teased but I just ignored him ad walked ahead.

 

 

After the walk around they treated me food and paid for it that was nice of them. Well, I can’t stand to be with them for that long since all they’ve been doing is checking out some girls and I’m in no mood or any thoughts of doing that so I headed towards Han River for 2 reasons, one is to get away from them to think and second its close home.

 

 

“Hmmm… Fireworks” the banner was really pretty and is really attracting many people to the park.  If the said snow is not going to fall tonight that’s something to look forward to at least.

 

 

The city hasn’t taken off the lights on the trees yet even if it’s already May and the middle of the year. They said it makes the park look pretty and it does, can’t argue with that. As I was walking along the side I noticed a cute couple, about the age of 6 or so having a date of their own under the tree. They make a cute couple.

 

 

Just before I get pass them I saw the boy steal a kiss on the cheeks, I chuckled seeing that then the image of the girl with the umbrella showed up in my heads after the whole day of her gone there. I wish I could see her just one more time.

 

 

“Just once” I sighed, turning to the curve and seeing a girl warming her hand with her breath. She was wearing a trapper hat although it’s a bit off to be wearing that at this month but pretty suitable for the coldness, her hair was a certain shade of brown and the ends were curled cutely flowing down by her shoulder. She was embracing her legs while looking forward.

 

 

Now I don’t know how I had the time to think about all those while my feet were busy hurrying up to her side, well behind her. “You can have this if you want” I offered the pink gloves I just took out of my room and waved it in from on her.

 

 

At that time I froze a little bit and I noticed she did too, probably from the shock of someone and something just popping out of nowhere but as for me, I froze because of the sudden flash of memory on the day, when she waved the umbrella in front of my face.

 

 

A curved was placed on the side of my lips and slowly going up into a smile as the realization of what’s happening became clear to me. That scene is playing all over again, the only difference is the role we’re playing. I just hope that it’s with the same girl.

 

 

“Neh?” she said shocked, moving the gloves away from her face and seeing my eyes right at the moment.

 

 

“Umm… I saw you breathing on your hand and you look like your freezing so I thought maybe you’d want something to warm you up” I explained getting the idea that I just freaked her out because of what I did.

 

 

Unexpectedly she chuckled and held out her hand, I chuckled back and put the gloves on her hand. I was just going to give it to her but because of I was thinking of how she gave me the umbrella I did it that way and looks like she didn’t mind.

 

 

After, I sat down on the bench the same way she did and looked ahead. “You didn’t have to” she said, her words muffled through the mask she wore but I still heard her voice clearly. I shook my head and smiled “It’s okay and it looked like you really needed it”

 

 

“I’ll give it back to you right when I leave or you leave” she turned to me, so this is what I was like when I insisted on not taking the umbrella.  “Nah, it’s cool. You can have it, I have the same pair at home” I replied.

 

 

The 2 pairs of gloves was something I bought when we went to Paris for one of our concert, the brightness of the color caught my attention so I bought it. Both have half heart on the middle of it, they lady said it’s for couples so I took the 2 thinking I’ll find the girl who’ll wear the other one.

 

 

I noticed she was spacing out so with a sly smile on my face I poked her side making her yelp and stare back at me, surprised.

 

 

“What was that for?” she asked.

 

 

“For chuckling on your own and not sharing” I answered trying to poke her again. “E.T” she met the point of my hand with hers and smiling like a child, enjoying what she’s seeing. “You’re cute” that was supposed to be inside my head but it came out unexpectedly.

 

 

“I know I am” she winked and it looked like she thought I didn’t see it but I saw it. ‘I know’ I commented in my head.

 

 

The silence came between us and it was awkward nor argument with that. I couldn’t break it if I want to since I don’t know her and there’s nothing to talk about. I noticed her yawn and then looked up.

 

 

“Wow!” she gasped and stood up.

 

 

I looked up and saw what she was gasping about, the snow was falling like what they said and it was nice. She was still mesmerized by the snow falling from the sky and I on the other hand was mesmerized by her even if I can’t see her face or know her name there’s something about her that’s familiar, more familiar than the normal familiar.

 

 

Suddenly Jongkook hyung’s song, It’s love started to play gathering everyone together a dance under the beautiful night. I couldn’t let this chance pass by and so I stood up and walked to her.

 

 

“May I?” I asked tapping her shoulder and holding out my hand, asking for permission.

 

 

“It’s not my fault though if I step on your foot” she joked and I chuckled. I don’t mind getting hurt as long as I can find out who she is and most especially dance with her. Since we don’t know each other, still strangers I carefully pulled her arms around my neck and mine around her waist.

 

 

“This feels strange” I said and looked down at her.

 

 

She fits perfectly around my arms and I’d like to keep her in it. Those feelings I’ve felt back then are all coming back and it’s telling me that it’s her, it’s her that I’ve been looking for.

 

 

“Really? It feels kind of nice” she said and I could just die at what she said.

 

 

Ruining this moment the fireworks came out up the sky, stealing all the attention from the dance to them. I have to admit it was really nice but I could appreciate it coming a little later, after I asked her name and if she’s the girl who owns the umbrella.

 

 

“I need to go home” she said, putting aside her phone.

 

 

“Here” she started to take off the gloves but I stopped her hand before she could. “You keep it okay” I told him and left before she could.

 

 

Even if I didn’t get to ask her name or ask if she was the one something in me was telling … no shouting that I’ve found her, that it’s her that I’ve been looking for all this time. It may took longer than 3 weeks to see her again but I’m sure that I’ll see her and  when I do I will ask her all those questions before anything or anyone can in.

 

 

“I think I know you” I said with a smile, holding out my hand in the air and watching as 2 flakes of snow, same as the other, meeting on my hand.

 

 

NOBODDY’s POV

 

 

They’ve met again and failed to know the other. The same as the snowflakes that met would they end up together as well?

.................................................................................................................................. 

What do you think? Cliffhanger?