Surprise!

Childhood Memories

 

When Joonmyun woke up, he felt extremely happy. Not really wanting to stay in bed, he quickly got out, although still too lazy to change his pajamas. The boy hastily ran in to his parents room with a beam on his face. "Umma~ Appa!" He quietly called out as he saw the door was left slightly open. To his disappointment, no one was seen. Joonmyun confused went to check the rest of the house, only to find it deserted.
 
"Why is nobody here?" The boy quietly whined to himself. Suddenly he heard the front door being opened. In came his parent with bags of stuff he couldn't see.
 
"Morning~"
 
"Ah, good morning dear. Go up and change clothes. Yixing will be here soon, okay?" His mom said as she went into the kitchen. Joonmyun frowned, tilting his head to the side in confusing. "Yixing-ah is coming?"
 
"Yes, did you forget?"
 
Joonmyun puckered his lips as he was thinking. The boy was pretty sure he haven't made any plans with his friend and so early too? The boy merely shook his head as he went to his room, missing the mischievous smile on his mom's lips.
 
After getting changed, the boy went out to the living room and spotted his dad sitting and drinking a cup of coffee. His mom was making breakfast. Nothing unusual. Joonmyun frowned again. Did none of his parents remember what day it was?
 
Ding dong
 
The boy went over to the door and opened it. In front of him stood Yixing, like his mom said. But I still can't remember I made plans with him!
 
"Hey~ wanna go to my home?" The other asked smiling.
 
"We can just stay since you're already here and stuff."
 
"Ah, please? Come on I don't live that far away." Joonmyun suspiciously glared at his friend, but willingly let the latter drag him away. "I haven't eaten yet though." Joonmyun mused out. Yixing simply gave him a smile. "Don't worry~ you can eat at my house."
 
"I want cake then!"
 
"Ehh... it's only morning though."
 
"Hmph!"
 
~~~~
 
After hours of playing board games, video games and just running randomly around, Joonmyun and Yixing threw them self on the latter's bed. Joonmyun puckered his lips as he scooted closer, wrapping his arms around Yixing's as he let out a sigh.
 
"Yixing-ah." Joonmyun said as he lightly poked the other in the side, an rather annoyed pout on his face.
 
"... yeah?"
 
"Did you forget to tell me something?"
 
"Ahaha... well, I don't think so?"
 
Joonmyun puffed his cheeks as he sat up and straddled Yixing even more annoyed. He closed his eyes as he shook his head, hitting Yixing on the chest with his fists. It didn't seem work as it only caused Yixing to chuckle over the antics of his friend.
 
Yixing quickly glanced at the clock and held the wrist of his friend. Joonmyun opened his eyes and looked at the former. A look of curiosity filled his eyes as Yixing never stopped Joonmyun when he had his tantrums.
 
"Xing-Xing?"
 
"Joonmyunnie~ you should head home, yeah? It's getting late, come on." Yixing forcefully moved them around and got off the other. Joonmyun hastily got up and followed his friend.

On the way home, Joonmyun noticed his home was completely dark. Well, it wasn't that dark outside, but usually his mom would have a light open in the kitchen. A smile played on his lips. Even if everyone forgot this one thing, he had a good day with Yixing and in the end that was all that mattered. That he enjoyed the day. I still want gifts though! He whiningly thought.

The front door suddenly opened. Joonmyun's eyes widened as he gaped and clung to Yixing. “Wah! Did you see that?” Joonmyun exclaimed while frantically pointing at the door. Yixing had an unreadable expression on, or he was just slow at proceeding what just happened.

Maybe it's a ghost?”

ANIYAAA! UMMA, APPA!” Joonmyun yelled out as he ran in the dark house he called home. As he got in, the door behind him decided to close. He couldn't find Yixing anywhere. They ate him?!

Suddenly a loud bang was heard and the lights got switched on. Joonmyun frighteningly fell on his behind and glanced confused around.
Happy birthday!” People yelled as they popped out of nowhere. His parents were there too. Still scared, he hurriedly went to his mom, giving her a hug.
 
~~~~
 
A cake, a birthday song and numerous presents later, the celebration was quieting down. Joonmyun stood at the front door, waving good bye to all those who were leaving. As he got inside he spotted Yixing and directly went to him. While hitting the latter on the chest, mumbling incoherence related to; Stupid stupid! And I can't believe you tricked me!

Yixing gently cupped his cheeks, making Joonmyun face him instead of the ground. He immediately stopped his abuse on the other. Yixing lightly placed a kiss on Joonmyun's forehead, leaving a flustered Joonmyun. “Happy birthday Myunnie~” Joonmyun resorted to hit Yixing once again.
 
A/N: Happy birthday Guardian Leader!