Damned 02

The Queen err... King of the Damned

Location: the coffee shop Kris love and visits halfway his journey home

 

 

The bell hanging on the doorframe chimes as every customer enters and exits the small cage. It's a cozy one with dim lighting, strategically located at the corner two blocks away from his apartment and two blocks away from the university. Kris sometimes thinks it was made especially for him so he stops by almost at a daily basis, drinking any one of their many varieties of coffee and tea. The shop owner, Choi Jongdae or Chen as by preference, already knows him. He stops by Kris' table and has a little conversation with him once in a while.

 

In front of him, his Asian History: Culture and Civilization textbook is sprawled open. None of his friends are there. He never tried bringing them there. Never dared to try either. Chen sometimes urges him to bring them there so they all could get free drinks. "All in the house," he says but Kris just shakes his head politely. He wouldn't succumb to that good bargain -- hell he loves tea so much. Because this coffee shop is one of the places where he could study without the boys being asses.

 

Just him and his textbooks and his readings.

 

That fact alone makes the cafe his second safe haven; the first being the library. Sehun noted it to them that he doesn't read alot, Tao refrains from going in there, afraid and calling the old librarian a 'witch' or a 'hag', and Baekhyun, having liked Tao for a very long time, follows the younger boy around and does whatever he is told to do.

 

And thus, the library.

 

"Jeez." Kris leans back, threading his fingers through his nests of hair.

 

"What sissies."

 

He says.

 

But then he remembers Sehun. And his smart mouth. Definitely not sissy. Save the fact that he is gay. Homo kind of gay. Still not THAT sissy.

 

And then the incident earlier comes to mind.

 

It was his first time leaving class when it wasn't over yet and his first time getting pissed at Sehun's tauntings.

 

It's not that he got sick of the younger's twisted way of amusing himself. Heck, there isn't even a day in their lives where Sehun just goes home without leaving one of them either wanting to call him a or in Baekhyun's case, wanting to kill him. It was the fact that Sehun's challenging him to a game of endurance -- to a game of "How long are you going to be straight as you said."

 

Sehun doesn't trust him. That, he hated.

 

Being the only un-gay person in his group of friends isn't difficult for him. In fact, he doesn't even have problems with either of them. They still hang out alot, go to each other's house from time to time, and still do the usual stuff they do. Aside from him telling Tao and Baekhyun to go off in another room if they're getting on it, they're still pretty normal friends.

 

"It isn't hard of a challenge actually." That's what he wants to tell Sehun now.

 

Because Kris doesn't see any need for him to be one of them.

 

Well, not yet.

 

He grunts, finishes his bubble tea, and starts to leave, unable to find himself to continue reading.

 

He walks home, dropping by a convenience store to buy some Pocky. The lady smiles at hims as usual and he smiles back, not watching where he was going. A split second later, he bumps into someone. They land on their butts.

 

"Ow," they say in unison.

 

Kris looks up and sees a girl in a dress. He panics.

 

"Oh . I'm sorry. I - I wasn't looking." He helps her up and is eye-to-eye with the tallest girl he has ever seen in his entire life. And the prettiest, besides his mum and his sister. The girl is a brunette, eyes big for a normal Korean. She is rosy cheeked and her lips, though a bit chapped, are pouty. A nice neck. And milky white skin. Very pretty. Pan - Korean...

 

And Kris gulps.

 

"I...uh...thank you,"  she shyly says and he flushes. She sounds off and squeaky but...what the hell.

 

Embarrassed, he scratches his pants and smiles sheepishly. "Oppa," she says, "thank you very much for helping a girl like me."

 

Then she hugs him.

 

And time slows down for Kris.

 

He imagines himself walking in a meadow, hand-in-hand with this girl. They were happy. Very happy.

 

All sappy , he was imagining.

 

Dammit. Compose yourself Yi Fan! You just met her!

 

He clears his throat.

 

"I...uh..."

 

The girl quickly lets him go and when she looks up, they both blush in deeper shades of red.

 

"Uh...uh..w-well...you're welc --"

 

"OI! YOU BASTARD!"

 

Kris whips his head to the right.

 

About five men suddenly round a corner and start shouting and pointing at their direction.

 

"E-eh? ME?!" he points to himself, not knowing what he has done wrong. He turns to face the girl but to his confusion, she is no longer there. He furrows his thick brows and the men suddenly push him aside. This time, he hits a nearby vending machine.

 

"Oh God. Really. What the hell," he curses, rubbing his arm. He adjusts the straps of his bag and walks home, annoyed.

 

His thought linger back to the girl with big, brown eyes. Crap, why didn't I ask for her name? 

 

He reaches his apartment, still thinking about her. As he was about to jam the key into the doorknob, it opens and Sehun's face greets him with a smile. "Hi buddy! What's for dinner?"

 

"What the..."

 

Tao's face pops up from behind the youngest and Baekhyun's hand waves in the air with the spare keys.

 

"...hell are you doing here?"

 

"We," Baekhyun points to himself and then the other two, "have reconciled so..."

 

"...so we decided to crash by your place and eat food!" Tao finishes, his face bright and innocent. Kris couldn't resits that face.

 

"Fine, fine."

 

Sehun puts an arm around his shoulder. "Took you long enough to get home. We're starving. And because of that, treat us all to ramyun!" And the three boys cheared.

 

"God, Sehun," Kris says, freeing himself from the younger. He feels his pockets. "Don't tell me what to eat and what..." He freezes.

 

OH GOD.

 

"What?" Tao and Baekhyun chorused.

 

"M - money..."

 

Sehun shakes him by the shoulder. "Yah! Money? What money?"

 

"CRAP MY WON!"

 

And meanwhile, in a parallel universe, the four young men are happily eating ramyun in a restaurant.

 

But that isn't the case. Because Kris' wallet is missing.

 

And who knows what has happened to that damn thing.

 


 

A/N:

2nd chapter up.

OTL i know it was late. i got hooked up with RP lol

so...jjane? :3

 

ENJOY!