Chapter 3: Somebody To Comfort Me

Jr. Spring High

"Hey, Hyoyeon! Over Here!" a voice came from a distance.                                                                Hyoyeon tried to smile as she s her way across the cafeteria to her usual table, where Jung Su-yeon or simply call her Jessica who called her was waving at her. Hyoyeon don't wanna go to Jessica because she's still angry on Seohyun after what Seohyun did to her.        "Who did Seohyun think she was anyway? First she tried to boss me around, then she blew me off when her Bestfriend showed up at the door when we're on a meeting, Just forget it" Hyoyeon told herself as she sit into a seat beside Jessica.                                                                    "How was the meeting?" Jessica asked right away. Hyoyeon shrugged. Hyoyeon don't want to tell Jessica what really happened.                                                                                                             "Well? How'd it go?" Jessica prompted.                                                                                                 "Okay, I guess," Hyoyeon lied.                                                                                                                                "Nice try, I know you every time you lie, your nose grows." Jessica said with giggles.               "So what really happen? Jessica asked. Hyoyeon leaned back in her chair and sighed.           "Let's just say I don't expect the carnivalto be a big success," Hyoyeon answered.                     "Why not?" Jessica asked curiously.                                                                                                                         "Because Seohyun wants to turn it into a total joke. I mean, all the ides she has are totally lame. You won't even believe this..." Hyoyeon suddenly shut , she remember that she was talking to Jessica. But Jessica didn't look angry. In fact, she was smiling.           "OMG I'm sorry I didn't mean it.." Hyoyeon said. Jessica looked at Hyoyeon then laughed.   "This is a carnival Hyoyeon It's supposed to be fun!" Jessica said. Hyoyeon shook her head, Hyoyeon's imagining what's gonna happen next. "Maybe Jessica was going to stand up and go to Seohyun and tell her what a mean person I am." Hyoyeon thought to herself. But Jessica just raised her eyebrows. "You know, this sounds familiar. Remember the Homecoming dance?" Jessica asked. "Unfortunately, Yes" Hyoyeon answered silently. Earlier this school year, the principal had put Jessica in charge of planning the homecoming dance. Jessica asked all of her friends to help out ...including Hyoyeon and Seohyun. Jessica was definitely in charge, but Seohyun had gotten the idea that she was second in command. It ended up in a total catfight because Hyoyeon thought she was second in command. Seohyun and Hyoyeon bickered constantly, They'd basically made Jessica miserable. Really, though, it was a big misunderstanding. Jessica made Seohyun and Hyoyeon second in command. "The situation with the carnival was completely different. No misunderstanding was possible: Seohyun thought she was in charge, and I was just supposed to be her assistant." Hyoyeon told herself. "The problem is, she's bossing me around," Hyoyeon said finally. "But you did agree to be Seohyun's vice president?" Jessica pointed out to Hyoyeon. "Jessica was right. Seohyun was the boss. I'd known that ever since I agreed to be her vice president. I'd put myself in this situation. So anyway, it was fair just like the homecoming dance. Maybe I'd pulled too much of an attitude. Had I given Seohyun a hard time?" Hyoyeon thought to herself. "I guess I just don't like taking orders," Hyoyeon admitted to Jessica. "Yeah its true nobody does want to take orders, but you guys should try to work together, not against each other. The carnival is the most important thing after all. Don't let it be like what happened on the Homecoming." Jessica said. "I won't and I meant it." Hyoyeon said. "Jessica was absolutely right. And maybe palm readers weren't the worst thing in the world. But even I had my hatred I would still work with Seohyun....but if she tried to put a tie-dye on the carnival, she'll really get a slap from me." Hyoyeon told to herself.

 

 

           ~END OF CHAPTER 3~