chapter 3.

Friends, Lovers, Lies

chapter 3.

pinky promise

Kibum's POV

Days have passed. Weeks have passed. Years have passed. My princess and I have been going strong for the past two years. But as we all know, change is inevitable. Not all good things are meant to stay in our lives forever unless they are meant to be. Today is the day my mom and dad decided to go back to our hometown, which is Seoul, and I haven't told her about this. I really don't want to leave her here alone, too. I mean it. I like her so much that I want to spend every seconds of my life with her. But this is for the best, I've always wanted to be an actor. I know I'm so selfish, but compared to her, my dreams are more important. She is right, we're still too young to have emotional attachments with each other. I hope she can forgive me. I just wanted the both of us to have a bright future ahead of us.

 

Today, I have arrived earlier than usual. I saw her walking towards our love nest, the park. I can't help but smile. She is getting more beautiful as each day passed. But I can't let these thoughts bug me. It will ony make our parting harder. With an obviously (fake) smile, I held her soft hands. We are both seated at the tree where we first talked with each other. She is about to say something when I interrupted her. "Hey. I have something very important to say." "What is it?," she said while smiling brightly. "I-I-I," I stuttered. I can't bring the words to say good bye, It is just too hard to say. "You-you-you?," she asked laughing. I reached for my pocket and tried to find my gift for her. 

 

 

"OMO. Are you gonna propose to me right now? No, Bum-bum, propose to me 20 years from now, okay," she giggled. "Hey, this is no laughing matter," I said with all the courage I've mustered. "Okay. What is it?," she asked sadly. "Princess, I'm sorry but I don't think I can fulfill my promise for you," I said. "Why?," she asked with tears forming on her eyes. God please give me strength, I don't think I can do this. "M-m-my parents decided to go back to Seoul." She started to cry loudly. I'm really sorry, princess. Please don't make it hard for me. "But hey, don't cry. I am coming back for you here, okay? I'll come back again next year. So please wait for me, okay?" "Pinky promise?" "Yes, pinky promise," I said while kissing her forehead. But of course, it was all a lie. We won't ever come back here. "Come back soon, okay?," I nodded. "Wear this ring everyday, okay? So that I can remember you when we meet again. I love you, my princess." "I will, I will wait for you. Don't you dare forget me, okay?" I hugged her for the very last time. Oh God, please let this moment last forever. For sure, this will be our very last meeting ever.