From Hate To Love

From Hate To Love

{ Lyn’s POV }

I have always seen Kai as an arrogant person. He’s really popular and every girl in school goes gaga over him… except for me and he probably knows it. I have been avoiding him ever since and he probably notices it. The hell I care. I hate his smirk, it’s like another way of saying, “I’m y and glorious and I know it.” The way he looks at people is irritating as well. His overconfidence is way too high and I hate it.

Yes, he pretty much got the looks and the talent but I won’t fall for guys like him.. ever. It’s such a bummer being in the same class as him. Whenever he recites, the girls are all looking at him with those dreamy eyes and sometimes, they even squeal.. What’s so special about that bastard? He’s always with his bud Sehun and he never interacts with other people. It seems to me that he doesn’t care about anyone or anything in this world.. but himself. How can they love a selfish guy like him?Am I the only one seeing this?

One afternoon as I was walking home, I saw Kai at the school garden. I was about to ignore him and just head home but something urged me to stop and watch him secretly.

Kai was with a dog and he’s smiling. He’s ing smiling. A real smile.

The dog seemed injured and it looked like Kai bought bandages for it. I saw a plastic full of those stuffs on the ground. Kai probably put those on bandages all by himself because the dog had a bandage on its right leg.

He was caressing the dog while smiling. I heard him say, “Yah, you shouldn’t get hurt next time okay? You’re all healed now.”

I found myself smiling at this view. I didn’t know Kai cares about dogs. I’ve always thought he’s a self-centered bastard… Now I’ve realized, he does care.. but he doesn’t want to show it to everyone. Suddenly, my whole impression of him changed, from a bad guy to a warm hearted one. Why did I have to be ing pre-judgmental? More and more I’ve been starting to become curious of his real identity.

This morning, when I left for school, the weather was all good, it was sunny and cloudy. However, when classes were all done… It suddenly rained and I didn’t bring any umbrella with me. I have no choice but to stay inside the room and wait for the rain to stop.

I was the only one left in the classroom. My classmates hurriedly left the room when the bell rang. I am so unlucky. I sighed at my own misfortune.

I looked at the window, just stared at the raindrops when someone came inside the room. I looked at the door. It was none other than, KAI.

“What are you still doing here?” He said. I didn’t expect him to talk to me since we never had a real conversation before.

Still looking at him, I answered. “Waiting for the rain to stop.”

He just nodded, like he understood it already. He went over his table. He took something beneath it. It was a black umbrella. He walked towards me and handed it over.

“Use this.” He said. I was left dumbfounded and speechless. I ended up staring at him and giving him a confused look. In a flash, he left the room.

{ Kai’s POV}

Crap, it suddenly rained.  I was about to leave the school when the rain just poured. I searched for the umbrella that I brought through my bag. It isn’t there. Good thing I remembered bringing an umbrella to school and I must’ve left it inside the classroom, beneath my table. I ran to the classroom.

Just then, I saw her. What is she still doing here? It’s my classmate Lyn, I can tell that she dislikes me. Whenever we see each other on the hallways, she would avert her eyes to other things, just to avoid my gaze. She’s a real beauty, though. She’s the quiet type, the brainiac.. She’s not one of the girls who squeal whenever they saw me, or even cling to me and that made me think she’s way different from all the girls in my class.. that she’s better than most of them. I admit though, that I adore her for that..

She was near the window and was looking outside quietly but when I went inside, she automatically looked back, to check who just entered. When she saw me, her face showed that she was kinda disappointed to see me around.

Wait, what is she doing here? Maybe she doesn’t have an umbrella.

I asked her, “What are you still doing here?”

“Waiting for the rain to stop.” She answered.

Without any hesitation, I got the umbrella that I’m supposed to use and I handed it to her. I left swiftly. I don’t want to see her expression after that, or she might reject my kind offer.

That time, since it’s still raining, I walked home, drenched in rain.

The next day, when I came to school, I’m feeling sick. , I shouldn’t have given my umbrella to that girl.. Now I caught a damn cold. But what if she gets sick? I guess it’s better this way… that I get sick instead of her.

When I went to the shoe rack, I saw her standing in front of mine.

Could it be that she’s waiting for me?

She kept on looking at me as I was walking. Consequently, she handed the black umbrella that I lent her.

“Thank you.” She uttered. I’m left speechless because she actually talked to me.

I took the umbrella from her and said.. “Sure.” I flashed her a faint smile.

Unexpectedly, I sneezed. I covered my nose quickly.

“Sorry.” I uttered. She chuckled. I can’t believe she can actually laugh. Whenever I’m around, she’s very serious and tensed, like she never wanted me around.

Still flashing her smile, I looked at her, everything’s starting to become blurry.. I’m beginning to become dizzy.

I moved one step closer to her.. “Lyn.” One second and everything became black.

{Lyn’s POV}

I’ve been standing here for about 20 minutes and Kai still hasn’t arrived. Few seconds after, he arrived. He looked pale.. Wait, is he sick? Did he catch a cold because he lent me his umbrella? That bastard.. Why are you like that?

When he saw me, he looked quite surprised.

I handed him the umbrella. “Thank you.” He then grabbed it.

“Sure.” He showed me a faint smile. My heart started beating crazily.

Out of that awkward situation, he sneezed. I couldn’t help but chuckle at him. He reminded me of a cute puppy.

Then, he paced forward and I was caught off guard.

“Lyn.” He uttered. Then, he suddenly passed out.

“Yah! Kai! Yah!” I said. I can’t help but be worried about him.

I felt his forehead and it’s very hot. He really has a fever.

I slung his arm over my shoulder and assisted him all the way to the clinic. I talked to the nurse, narrated what had happened and we transferred Kai to a bed. When the nurse left, I sat at the side of the bed and gawked at Kai.

“You had caught a cold because of me.. Why?” I whispered. My heart was like squeezed at that thought. I thought no one would attempt to do that for me.. but Kai did. Small gestures like that make me fall for him even harder.

I had put a towel on Kai’s forehead so that his temperature will go down.  While waiting for Kai to wake up, I felt drowsy so I decided to doze off for a few minutes.

Minutes turned into hours. I woke up, already lying on the bed. I looked around and saw Kai sitting at a chair next to the bed.

Oh. You’re already awake.” Kai said.

“Wait, why am I here? Aren’t you supposed to be here, resting? ” I interrogated him.

“Because you looked so pitiful.. So I carried you there.” Kai said arrogantly.

“Wait, you carried me?” I asked.

Uhm.. Yes.” He smirked. “You were quite heavy..” He whispered.

What?!” I said in a loud voice. He just laughed.

I felt my cheeks burning. I covered my face in embarrassment. Did he carry me like a princess? The mere thought of Kai carrying me is enough to make me go insane.

“Aren’t you sick? You should rest!” I got off the bed and insisted that he should rest but Kai just looked at me.

“I’m okay already. I’m all healed because of someone!” He said.

I blushed. “Why did you do that?”

“Did what?”

“Lent me your umbrella and even got sick.” I looked at him straight in the eyes.

“Because I don’t want you to get sick.” He finally said. I was taken aback by his answer.

“Why?” I courageously asked.

He stood up and pulled me for a hug. “I like you.” He tightened his hug.

“You know Kai, I do like you too.. since I saw you with that dog. I’ve hated you before, to be honest.. But my impression about you changed ever since that day.. I think you’re a really caring person. Why not show it to everyone?” I hugged him back.

He released me from the hug. “I’m not good at showing it.” Kai pouted his lips.  

“Now you should learn how to.” I gave him a kiss on the cheek.