How Long is Forever?

White Love Tainted

     "Nawa hamkkeramyeon eodideun love, love, love, love." I sang as I walked down the street. Something soft lightly touched my forehead and I reached up absent mindedly grabbed it and when I looked at it I almost broke down. The memory flooded back so fast, it had been almost four years since that fateful day but the memory was as fresh and clear as the day it happened.

     It had been on a soft spring day like this one, the cherry blossom trees were in full bloom and their petals drifted to the ground like a beautiful pink snow, padding the ground beneath my feet. I was there to meet someone and when I spotted him, appearing underneath a cherry blossom tree fresh and happy like a spring dryad, my heart fluttered. He was playing with some of the fallen petals but when he saw me he quickly dropped them and ran towards me. As he reached me I wrapped my arms around him pulling him to me in a gentle hug. He softly placed his lips on mine and I leaned into the kiss reveling in the sweet passion behind it.

     When he broke the kiss I took a step back and looked at my lover, trying to burn this happy image of him into my memory before I delivered the bad news. He was about the same height as me with blonde, spiked hair and warm, brown eyes. His slender figure was accentuated by a whispy white T-shirt and distressed black skinny jeans. He was barefoot and when I looked around I saw a pair of brightly coloured Converse tucked under the tree where he was playing with the petals. The look of pure happiness on his face, like a puppy greeting you after a long day of work, was so pure that it broke my heart to think that this would be the last time that I would ever see it. 'God,' I thought, 'I love this man so much.'

     I saw his brow crease in worry as he noticed the look of sadness on my face. "What's wrong?" he asked, grabbing my hand amd leading me to the tree where his shoes were. We sat down under the tree still holding hands, "What's wrong?" he asked again looking at me with those beautiful eyes of his. "It's my parents," I whispered barely able to say it. "What?" he asked as a look of confusion spread across his face. I took a deep breath and looked directly at him, "My parents found out about us. They are disgusted and they said that if I don't break up with you myself then they are going to predd charges," He looked at me and I saw first disbelief, then shock, and finally anger play across his features.

     "Let them press charges." he said, defiance and determination flashing in his eyes as he leaned in and kissed me fiercely. I pulled away shaking my head, "No, I can't let you do that. I can't let your life be ruined because of me. I think that it's best if we end it now." His eyes flashed, "what happened to the man I knew a month ago, a week ago, hell even yesterday? What happened to the man who said that no matter what happens, no matter what other people think, he wasn't going to give me up?" "That was before my parents decided to bring the law into this!" I said covering my face with my hands. He gave me a look of pure disbelief before continuing in such a cold voice that it scared me. "I know what your doing," he said giving me an icy glare. "You've decided that you don't want me anymore. You've decided that you don't love me anymore, either that or you've found someone that you love more. You're just using your parents as an excuse because you don't think that I can handle the truth! Well you're wrong! I hope whoever it is that you found makes you happy! I hope they make you happier than the one who showed you who you truely were!"

     He tossed a folded peice of paper on my lap as he got up and grabbed his shoes. "Goodbye and good riddance!" he called over his shoulder as he went to wal away. Before he could leave though I grabbed him and kissed him fiercly, pinning him up against the tree. For an instant, probably out of habit, he melted into my kiss before he opened his eyes and pushed me away. "Don't toy with me!" he yelled, "I don't ever want to see your face again!" With that he turned and ran away and I, with a broken heart, just stood there staring.

     As it turned out I would never see his face again. Later that day he was hit crossing the street by a car who ran a red light. He was taken to the hospital but he died a few hours later from severe spinal cord injuries. I was notified because I was the emergency contact number in his wallet. As for the paper that he tossed to me that day, I never read it but it was always with me, a constant reminder to always live life to the fullest. It was this note that I opened now, after four years of carrying its weight with me this is what it said:

Dear Seungri,

     Lets run away together. Tonight.

Love always,

Jiyong

    The tears finally fell, after four years they finally came, as I folded the heart shaped cherry blossom into the note, the only thing that I had left of the first and only person that I have ever loved.

A/N: Sorry this took so long to post. It took only a couple hours to write but almost a week to get it posted and I feel like a failure. Mianhae, mianhae, mianhae! I hope this was worth waiting for! Comment and let me know how I did.