Ukwon

Dalliance, Dissemblance, and Denouement [Minhyuk]

[Ara's POV]

Buddha says that if you want, you will suffer.

That’s exactly what was happening to me; I was suffering.

Suffering is an understatement. My heart stopped beating, my lungs stopped working, my body stopped moving every time I saw him.

He was all I wanted and now I was all he wanted. Now that he wanted me, I couldn’t have him.

“My condolences.”  A co-worker expressed his sorrow to me about “Ara” passing away. I just nodded. Did she really?

Today, it was my first day at work after the incident, after “I” had died.

It wasn’t even my work place, I couldn’t go back to my own work place. I wanted to meet friends. I wanted to see people that cared. But, it didn’t matter what I wanted.

That’s all simply a lie I was telling myself. I wanted to be here, I wanted to see him, and it was what I was trying to do the whole time.

A someone who didn’t care for the way a person looked, a someone who cared for the me now more than anyone else in the world. But, also a somebody who rejected the old me.

Although he rejected me, I would ever be capable of rejecting him.

He was amazing. He was kind. He was smart. He was loved. He was cute. He was gentle. He was everything I wanted to be.

Now, I could approach him properly. I realized that our desks were far from each other, on opposite sides of the room.

Walking over to him, I didn’t know if it was appropriate or not, I didn’t even think about it. As soon as I reached his desk I spit it out.

“Let’s live together Ukwon.”

He looked surprised at first, but then his eyes lit up.

Not daring to even question why he just nodded in agreement. “Okay.”

SO, that’s where I was living now. No one could find out. Minhyuk had to keep thinking I was living with my parents and my parents had to keep thinking I was living with Minhyuk.

If anything got out then it would look like I was cheating.

Some may call this cheating, but I can’t. It’s a one sided love, a one sided love can never be a real relationship, so I wasn’t cheating on anyone.

I just had to get my things back form my parent’s house, how would I? I didn’t want to face them, I didn’t want to face anyway.

That reminded me of someone. He was maybe, just maybe, the only person that really cared.

I never cared for him though. Why did he care so much for me? That was a question no one could answer.
It was like my care for Ukwon, it was like Ukwon’s care for Minhee.

It was an unexplainable care, that even the person that cared so much could not explain, an unstoppable care.

But, this guy that cared for me, I’d been successful in deceiving him, into tricking him to thinking that I cared just as much.

I stared at my new phone’s, minhee’s phone’s, screen and then pulled out my own phone. Should I tell him? With which phone should I let him know?