"Mother"

Dalliance, Dissemblance, and Denouement [Minhyuk]

[Ara POV] 

It didn’t take me long to learn that feelings had to be tied up tight and placed up in the smallest corner of my heart I could manage to fit them in.

Real feelings that is, not those fake happy ones.

It was but three days after the incident and I received the death certificate of Lee Ara in my hands.

No one would have ever thought they would be holding their own death certificate.

It was not a thought one thinks. But there are many thoughts one doesn’t think until placed in a situation.

They do say that the eye doesn’t see until its dark. Like many others, this had once been an irrelevant quote but was now proving to be true.

My body was shaking and I couldn’t stop it.

“Minhee, what’s wrong?” My mother called.

How could she? How could she ignoring my existence? As if I was never there, as if I’d just been a ghost.

Maybe I was a ghost now. They were just floating souls, neither dead nor alive.

But before, when I used to be Ara. Was she not affected at all? How could she not even cry that her own daughter died.

She just embraced me and said “Minhee do you want to bake cookies with me? You’re shaking.”

I wanted to push her. I wanted to cry. I wanted to run away from the realization that the importance of my being had been so much more miniscule than I thought. But, how much more could I run? I already ran away from another whole life.

It took all my strength but I gently hugged back.

Slowly, she brushed my hair back and pulled me up. “I don’t know why you’re upset today, sweets will make everything better.” Then she walked towards the kitchen.

She knows why. There’s no reason to just disregard it.

Would it have been like this if I really died? Would no one have cared?

I followed her and pulled the ingredients out of the fridge.

As I was putting everything together, I wore a smile. I didn’t pay attention to what my mother was saying.

If she didn’t care neither could I.

I watched the ingredients mix in the bowl. I wondered what the ingredients for my new life would be.

 Flour, butter, milk chocolate chips, sugar, eggs, baking soda, water, vanilla essence, and even a little bit of salt.

It was odd to me that we put salt into such a sweet thing such as cookie. But, I guess even the sweetest of things have a little bit of saltiness.

Even the best people have flaws.

I put the bowl down on the counter.
“I have to go to work sorry.” And I quickly ran out.

I would be home as little as possible.

Where would I live though?

I told Minhyuk I was going to live at home and my parents I was going to live at Minhyuk’s apartment.  

 

 

 

 

Okay it's going a little slow but the beggining chapters neeed to be slow. 

This is because I think the plot can be confusing if they are not o-o 

Sorry for the late update! School kept me busy but I should be more free now a litte :"D 

However I do have finals oAo 

Thank you so much for subbing ;w; I never thought I would have this many subs on this story ;w; <3