Chapter 4

Can't You See? I Was Adopted To Be With You.

 

It took a while until Minyoung came home.
Well... More like 2 hours.
 
So me, Luhan and Zelo were sat in one of the 3 sofas line up next to the walls, watching on the big LED flat screen, with some of the other kids who were sat on the other sofas, while Ms Wong and the Yangs spoke, for a long time about who knows what.
While here I am casually waiting for my sister who was suppose to be back a while ago... Hmph
 
So... You would imagine that it was pretty awkward sitting with Zelo and Luhan as we watched 'We got married' with all the other kids...
Other kids. As in people I did not get along with at all.
You see. In the orphanage...
My sister wasn't known for being nice... (Well, I highly doubt it's just the orphanage too, no offence but her social skills sort of ).
 
Only from last year I decided to dye my hair blond and cut it short because people got confused with us, which I thought was not possible because we had different styles.
She wore eyeliner, blusher and lipstick. I couldn't even apply those things without looking like a complete clown... Or just a clown gone wrong... If that is even possible.
And I'm also the shortest one.
But still people get confused with us!
I-I just can't even...
Seriously shaking my head right now!
 
So my sister would always pick on the other kids when a family wouldn't adopt her.
So to release her frustration, she would bully others. Which feared the poor kids (mind we are the oldest).
And since the kids did not know which one was which between me and Minyoung, they decided they didn't want to associate with us both!
Which my dongsaeng didn't mind, she just doesn't care. So good for her.
But for me.
It's lonely...
 
Going home everyday, no parents, people who live with you don't even want to go near you and your own sibling just can't wait until you stop talking.
It's like I was born to be lonely?..
 
Well obviously not completely lonely because I have friends at school who are so close to me, that they would be just like another family for me.
And Ms Wong was always there when I needed to talk.
So there's always an up and down.
 
So back to where I am now.
Zelo rested his head on my shoulder as he snored while he slept.
A hour past and We got married finished, then another program started.
''So...'', Luhan began slowly. Sparking up a conversation I see?
''Yeah?...''.
''How long have you lived here?'', He asked wondering.
''5 years...'', I answered back.
I wonder if he is actually interested in me, or he just want to break the awkward tension between us two... 
Which unfortunately for him. Is not working.
 
''Wow... Are you glad you're getting out?''.
I thought for a moment.
Was I?
I mean sure I was lonely here... But Ms Wong always looked out for me and helped me here... But, it would be such a new experience, and I would end up having a family, so I guess I am very excited and very glad.
''Sure!'', I answered positively, pleasing him.
''Ah thank god for that!'', Luhan laughed awkwardly making me smile awkwardly.
There was a long pause as the other kids began to leave the room, obviously feeling how awkward it was.
But that left me and Luhan feeling more awkward then we were already!
Why are you doing this to me guys?
Why?
 
After the pause, Luhan out of the blue asked, ''Do you like gay people?''.
I blinked a few times staring out in front of me as Luhan watched me with his deer eyes.
''Uh sorry, that was random'', Luhan retreated quickly.
''No!'', I yelled.
''Oh... Um-''.
''No, I mean, no, as in it's not that random''. I looked at Luhan, only moving my eyes to him because I was worried to knock Zelo off.
''Oh... Okay'', Luhan smiled sheepishly.
''And! I like gay people a lot! A lot of my OTPs are mainly 'gay''', I said finally.
''OTPs?'' Luhan asked confused.
''Uh... Couples? The pair that you like? You know?''.
''Oh...  But it's a relief you like gay people'', Luhan burst into a smile.
''Why are you gay?'' I asked to only get attacked by a hand strangling my mouth.
''Shh!'', Luhan said worriedly.
I widen my eyes at him and I hit his hand away.
''Oh my gosh! You are!''.
Luhan turned bright red.
 
After staring at him with my furrowed eyebrows I realized something, so I settled down again.
''Oh wells'', I finally said.
Luhan was shocked with my response.''Oh wells? What do you mean oh wells? Is this some kind of joke to you?'', Luhan was displeased.
''No, what I mean is that it isn't a big deal, you're like every other human''.
Luhan calmed down a bit, ''So... This is ok with you?''.
''If it wasn't, I would of screamed... But I didn't''. I turned my head this time to meet Luhan in the eyes, making Zelo slip down a bit, onto Luhan's lap.
I watched as Luhan's eyes lit up, and the next thing you know I was attacked again, but with a hug.
Zelo woke up, as he was being squashed between me and Luhan, I awkwardly patted Luhan's back.
''You're the best sister ever, thank you for being born''.
It was literally the best thing I've ever heard in my life. Like I had a purpose. Don't know what, but some purpose.
Gosh, I sound completely weird! Purpose? Yes! A purpose! Just... Ignore me while I spazz on my 'purpose.
 
''Ok, I get you guys are bonding very well... But I can't breathe right now!'', a muffled voice filled both of me and Luhan's ears, causing me and Luhan to let go of each other, to look at the huffing Zelo with his messed up curls, that was sprawled in a tight space.
''Sorry'', me and Luhan said putting our hands up at the same time, causing us to giggle at our actions.
Zelo just stared confusingly at us while he pouted not getting what was happening.
 
The sound of the front door opened, making me turn my head to the sound.
''What?'', Zelo asked.
''Minyoung might be home...'', I got up walking towards the front door, catching Minyoung pulling off her coat and chucking it in the coat room.
''You're so lucky to wear blazers to school then coats... I always have to take my coat off when I get inside, but you always get to keep your blazer on when you get inside'', she sighed and shook her head.
I looked down at my blazer, furrowed my eyebrows and was about to say something until Ms Wong peeked out of her office, which was beside the front door.
''Oh Minyoung!'', Ms Wong exclaimed as she saw her, walking out to go towards her.
Minyound rolled her eyes before replying to her.
''Ne Ms Wong?''
Ms Wong hesitated for a moment until the Yangs decided to walk in.
Great timing.
 
''Ah~ So your young Minyoung?'', Mrs Yang asked brightly.
Minyoung widen her eyes as she realized it was the rich couple.
She pretty much just ignored Zelo and Luhan that was standing behind Mr and Mrs Yang.
And wow! It's difficult to ignore people that you can see clearly.
Especially dear old Zelo who looks to be around 180cm tall.
''Uh ne!'', Minyoung bowed, and I was surprised at how polite she was being.
What is this sorcery?
''What brings you here?'', Minyoung asked politely.
Ok. This is too much of a surprise. She usually doesn't care about people's reasons, thoughts and opinions.
Even Ms Wong looks awkward at Minyoung's manners.
Zelo just pretty much scoffed at Minyoung and Luhan shook his head at either Zelo OR Minyoung.
What's up with them?.. What does that mean? O_O
 
''Adoption. We decided to adopt your sister'', Mr Yang said. Mrs Yang nodding along.
''Oh...'' Minyoung said, trying not to break her smile, making the corners of twitch.
''And she agreed?'', Minyoung asked turning her head towards me, smiling but at the same time glaring at me.
I just shivered and turned to the Yangs.
''Yes, on a condition to bring you as well. Then me and my yeobo decided that we would love 2 daughters. We already have 3 boys.''
''B-bring me as well?'', Minyoung was shocked that finally someone was willing to adopt her.
''All thanks to me'', I said as I put  my arms around her shoulders and shook her.
Minyoung just ignored the fact that I was touching her, she was beyond happy.
''So, when do we leave?'', Minyoung asked desperately.
''Now, if you don't mind?'', Mr Yang said.
''I don't mind!''
 
So since we pretty much packed our stuff in their van.
We just had to finish of the forms and the agreement and we was off on the road.
I sat inbetween Zelo and Luhan this time, while Minyoung sat in the row behind us.
I don't know why, but I feel like my head was getting burnt.
 
It was a quiet journey...
Disturbingly quiet.
Mrs Yang was asleep, Mr Yang didn't speak to not wake up Mrs Yang.
Zelo was snoozing in the corner, Luhan was reading Fifty Shades Of Grey... Interesting...
Minyoung, I have no idea about Minyoung, I do not dare to look back.
And there's me.
Sat awkwardly in the centre of everyone.
It's quite suffocating.
 
Once Mr Yang stopped the car, he turned back and gave me his bright smile.
''Hey guys! We're home~''.
Luhan placed his book down and slipped it in the seat pocket.
He turned to look pass me, looking at Zelo.
''The babo still isn't awake...''
Luhan started hitting Zelo, ''get up!''.
It was very awkward, considering the fact I was stuck in the middle and I had to wait for these two to get out before I could.
''Ah~ Ok! Gosh...'', Zelo moaned before scuffling out of the car.
''Sorry about that, he's a difficult child''.
I nodded, proceeding to quickly get out of the car.
I walked over to Minyoung who quietly stared up to the big house.
''Damn...'' She whispered. ''I can't believe this is real''.
I nodded in agreement staring  at her direction.
The house consisted of 3 stories. It was a white house with grey doors, roof and window sill.
The front of the house, had a space for the car/van to drive through  and a space for a patch of grass.
 
Before we could get into the house, we had some gates that you had to get through first.
Mr Yang, Zelo and Luhan started taking out the boxes from the car, seeing this I went over to help.
I tried to get one of the boxes my self but Mrs Yang took my hand, dragging me towards the house, while on her way she dragged Minyoung's hand too.
I looked over at Minyoung and she shrugged as Mrs Yang took out her keys to open the door. She pushed the door open with one of her hands, and with the other she motioned us in.
''Go ahead inside, don't worry about the boys. They can handle themselves just alright''.
I looked back at the driveway where the van was.
Zelo and Luhan along with Mr Yang ended up walking in before us.
Mrs Yang rolled her eyes at them.
''Seach gentlemens aren't they?'', Mrs Yang giggled.
Minyoung walked in once the guys went out to get the other boxes.
I looked back at the van again and I had that urge to jump in to help them.
Mrs Yang just grabbed my hand seeing as I wasn't coming in, she took me in instead.
''Right! I guess I better give you guys a tour'', Mrs Yang said brightly.
 I nodded slowly feeling very lost.
''The door right next to the front foor is the closet room where we hang our coats, put our shoes, hats, scarves and gloves in''.
''Further along we have the front room, barely anyone ever goes in here, so me and appa are thinking of doing something with that room... Unless you guys want to use it of course''.
Me and Minyoung peered into the room, it was pretty much white, had a elegant feel to it.
It contained a thin sleek TV.
On both sides of the TV there were DVD racks.
There was a white leathered L-sofa with beige coloured cushions.
The floor was a pure white carpet, signs that no one used it as  there were no marks there.
There was a door/window that had thin curtains covering them.
After we finished looking at the front room we walked further into the kitchen that was connected to the dining room that also led to the back garden.
It all looked so modern.
I took the lead and walk towards to the double doors that led to the kitchen, looking out, I thought it was a small field.
''Since I don't know how to do any gardening, there are no flowers. The boys don't go out there much either... But we do have BBQ out side'', Mrs Yang explained.
I nodded back at her, waiting for her to lead us somewhere else.
Mrs Yang walked back to the open spaced hall way and took us up the stairs.
''There are 5 rooms on this floor, one room for me and my husband, a bathroom and 3 guest rooms''.
Mrs Yang did not show us the rooms, she was more eager to show us upstairs.
''There are 5 rooms here as well. You guys would be sharing a room if you want to stay up here, but if you don't you can use one of the guestrooms. You're room would be at the very end'', Mrs Yang said pointing to my right.
''Next to your room is Zelo's room, then it's the bathroom, then it's Luhan's room, then it's Woohyun's room''.
''Woohyun's room?'', Minyoung asked, as I was also wondering the same thing.
''Ah yes! You haven't met him yet, but you guys will soon when he comes back home for dinner. Seriously that boy is always working'', Mrs Yang muttered the last sentence.
''I better prepare the dinner, you guys go into your rooms, and if you guys want to change anything, you can tell me''.
Mrs Yang left, leaving me and Minyoung to glance at the door of the room we were meant to go in.
''I'm more interested in the guy's room...'', Minyoung muttered. I rolled my eyes, walking into the room leaving Minyoung behind.
I found Zelo laying on the bed with one of his arms on his hip, while using the other arm to rest his head in. Luhan sat beside him, still reading Fifty Shades Of Grey. I guess he bought that book with him then...
''What do you think?'', Luhan asked, closing his book once Minyoung walked into the room.
I glance at the room. There was the bed that Zelo and Luhan was on. The bed was beside the big window, it had floral sheets, well basically this whole room was floral themed. A floral bed, lamp and wall paper. It also had a pine wood wardrobe on the left end of the bedroom, while on the right end there was a make up table, that was yet to get filled.
It looked absolutely cute. Well, if you were to ignore the random stacks of boxes around this room, then yeah.
 
''There's only one bed...'' Minyoung stated.
''Well we weren't actually going to get y-'', muffled noises were heard from Zelo as Luhan wrapped his hands around Zelo's mouth, finally dropping the book and smiled brightly.
''Since this is such a big bed, I mean, it can fit 2 fat guys in here, so there was no need to get another bed, since you guys are siblings''.
Zelo pushed Luhan away from him and sneered at him, Luhan shot back with a slap on his shoulder making Zelo yelp.
I look at Minyoung, she was obviously freaked out.
''Is it ok if you guys can leave?'', Minyoung asked boredly.
Luhan was shocked at Minyoung's question, while Zelo was annoyed.
''O-oh, ok..'', Luhan said finally, while Zelo was gobsmacked.
I pitied them since they don't really know that Minyoung isn't exactly polite.
Luhan dragged Zelo out of the bed, then picked up his book. He scurried off while Zelo walked past Minyoung slowly and glared deeply at her.
Once he was finally out of the room Minyoung jumped onto the bed.
''What the hell was their problem?''.I rolled my eyes. Seriously, the amount of times I rolled my eyes at her is totally unbelievable.
Really, I wonder how this family would handle us... I really do.