= Chapter 3 =

The 11th Corridor

 

Chapter 3

 

Time is a mysterious concept to grasp, it is not always what it seems and those who attempt to mess around with it can suffer, greatly. And unfortunately, the 11th Corridor is the ultimate time bender, those within it or involved with it was impacted greatly.

So at the time being, let’s briefly step away from Yoona and Taecyeon’s story in the 21st century, let’s take a look at the past, way back to around the 19th century, where the first human was brave enough to conquer time, and where our 11th Corridor was made, and eventually, sealed.

 

+==========+

 

19th Century

The night was hauntingly dark and cold; silence enveloped the entire kingdom in an eerie sort of silence. Snow covered every house, every tree, and every single trace of escape.

No one dared to come outside on a night like this, kids were tucked safely in their blankets while their parents busied themselves knitting by the fire place or head bent, working on their only source of survival.

Except for two.

“Yoona-ah, we should stop. They won’t catch us here.” A man of around mid-twenties stopped in his track to sling his arm around a girl around his age, who was slowly regaining her breath from the hours of walk alongside of him.

Yoona shook her head faintly, and took her hand and gently brushed the man’s arm off her waist, determined to get the heck out of this place as fast as possible, “No it’s fine. I can’t let him catch us, who knows what he might do to you?”

The man frowned at the girl. He can’t stand to see her pale and tired, if it means that he has to be taken away, he is willing to sacrifice his life for her safety, “No, you can’t keep on going like this for long. Let’s stop. It’s fine if he catches us, I can’t let you suffer.”

“I’d rather die than see you tortured under his hands.” Yoona smiled warily at him. It’s true though, she thought, they’ve been together through many hardships, and they’ve all been leading up to today, it was all for him and for the sake of their love, she can’t just let it all go for her own selfish reasons.

The man shook his head, and sighed,” I’m sorry Yoona. For making you go through all this.” He cursed himself under his breath, “Aish! If only I wasn’t a poor blacksmith, then I could take care of you properly under the broad day light. Not sneaking around, terrified of getting discovered. What sort of man am I?”

“A very good one.” Yoona chuckled, but her light hearted smile quickly faded, “It’s not your fault, it’s mine for being tied to a fate like this.”

“N-“ He was quickly interrupted by her lips crashing onto his, he wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her in closer.

“Now, stop arguing. We really need to go now.” Yoona pulled slowly away, grabbing onto his hands and dragging him away from the kingdom, into the disappearing darkness.

But what they were completely oblivious to was the fact that there’s a trail of people behind them, looking for them and attempting to take them back.

And unfortunately, they didn’t escape fully before they were discovered by the lord and his men.

“Yoona, do you hear anything?”

Yoona stopped dead in her tracks and listened beyond the forest, there was only silence. “No, why?”

Then man nodded, “Probably just my imagination then. Let’s go.” But before they can take another step, a rustle of the leaves were heard clearly behind them.

This time, Yoona heard it too.

She whispered, her voice full of fear, “Is…is that them?”

“Run. Yoona, run. Don’t look back!” The man yelled as he saw shadows creep up behind the bushes, slowly advancing towards them, grabbing her hands and speeding down the small and narrow trail.

“Get them!” The lord’s booming voice bellowed behind them, followed by horses pounding against the ground.

They weren’t fast enough, and were quickly caught.

“Running away eh? You filthy wretch! How dare you choose this dirty poor blacksmith over me? What about him is any point better than me!? TELL ME!” The lord towered in front of Yoona, and glared down at her.

“How dare y-“The blacksmith yelled, furious at the name he called her precious Yoona, but was taken aback by Yoona’s response.

“He is ten thousand times better than you.” She glared back at him with the equal or greater amount of threat, full of hatred, “I fell in love with someone with a kind heart, generous, willing. Not someone like you mister over here.”

“You-!”

“If you dare call him dirty, that makes you dirtier. With your scheming tricks behind your backs. I don’t care about your stupid worthless filthy money. I’d rather live in the street with my beloved than loathe my utter most existence with you!”

“And if you dare even touch a single hair on his body. I swear. I’ll haunt you down even when I’m dead!”

The lord stepped back, utterly enraged and humiliated by the fact that a weak woman could possibly do something like this to him. “HAND THEM, BOTH! I DON’T WANT TO SEE THEIR FACES ANY LONGER. And while you’re at it, kill the blacksmith.” With that, he walked away, leaving the blood dirty work to his men.

Yoona and the blacksmith struggled against the strong arms of the lord’s men, but was immediately defeated.  Yoona was dragged back to the kingdom, while the black smith was left alone in the forest, with a dagger across his heart.

His last words were faintly delivered, “Yoona, I love you.”

 

+==========+

 

Immediately after Yoona’s arrest, the lord sent her to be temporarily locked in the cellar until he figured out what to do with her.

He paced around the room, frantic. After all, he still loves her even when the love was only one sided. I don’t get it. What does the blacksmith have that I don’t’? I have the looks, the money. I have everything. And she gets such a glorious chance of being with me; she could have everything as well. But why?

The lord slammed his hands on the neatly decorated wall, This won’t do. It’s ing her fault for not accepting her chance even after all the chances I’ve given her. She’ll pay it back. With death.

His mind was quickly filled with his murderous evil schemes, I can’t be found with her blood on my hands though.

Suddenly, he knew exactly how he’ll have her dead, he motioned for his servant to come in to place an order.

“Tell the priest and all those nun to get out of the church. And then burn it.” He smiled to himself, “I want the place to be deserted.”

The servant nodded, “What is the reason sir?”

“Oh, I have a special…friend, that I want to show the church to.”

And that friend, shall never come out.

_________________________________________________________________

A/N: I'm so sorry guys for not updating in such a long time, I had major case of writer's block. I'm sorry if this chapter was very rushed and confusing, I'll try to summarize it here. So this was set in the 19th century, Yoona, a rich heiress fell in love with a poor blacksmith while engaged to a weatlhy lord. The lord loved her and was furious and heartbroken by the fact that she chose a mere commoner over him, and tried to seperate the couple. So the couple decided to elope but was quickly capture by the lord who killed the blacksmith. Still, the lord was maddened by the fact that Yoona did not love her back and loved a poor blacksmith, so he reacted harshly and rashly by locking her in the church's last corridor. (The 11th Corridor.)

      And thus, is when the real drama begins. c;