= Chapter 1 =

The 11th Corridor

 

Chapter 1

"We all have our time machines. Some takes us back, they're called memories. Some takes us forward, they're called dreams."

 

We never know what might have happened in another time, and we might never remember those few precious moments in our lives that were spent under extreme care and those secrets told in little whispers under the night’s careful gaze.

Things can be forgotten, left alone in the very deep darkness of the last remnants of our memories.

And when we do find it again, it may haunt you, or it may it be the best discovery of your life. But do mind, some things are meant to be left forgotten.

She was hidden away in the ancient, burnt down church for a reason. And she was never found for a reason. The 11th corridor was sealed away carefully for a reason.

Everything was done out of a reason, but Taecyeon didn’t know that.

 

+==========+

 

“No, it must be done.”

“But sir, are you sure that it is a good idea? The lady must have-“

I tell you what to do, are you rejecting my orders?”

The butler backed down, he knew that what the lord was doing was more than wrong, but nothing can be helped, “I apologize sir. It shall be done right away.”

“Make sure to seal it,” He looked back at the corridor one last time, which held what was once dear to him, he quickly turned away though, afraid that he will regret what has to be done, “No one can discover this place.

And with that, he walked out of the church, head held in pride, while his heart cries in shame.

He loved her, no, he still loves her. It was tragic that things had to end this way, he tried to tell himself that it was for her good, that it wasn’t just for his selfish reasons.

And for years, he lived with the knowledge of what he did, and for years, he had tortured himself with the fact. He never told anyone, in fear of what might be regarded of him.

He died silently, without anyone knowing. And no one knew that he died with her picture carefully embraced in his limb, lifeless arms.

Everything was going well accordingly to his orders and hopes, but not for long. The 11th corridor will soon be re-opened by a little 8 year old boy, who without any acknowledge of what he had just done to his own life, but had ran away in fear after the discovery and never dared to re-visit it again.

It was left open for another 10 years or so.

Until one day, the same boy, but much older and stronger, stumbled across it once again, completely oblivious to the fact that he had been here before. And that`s when everything changed. 

The 11th corridor was officially re-opened, feelings from years and years ago escaped and stories were told. The 11th corridor held so much, and what was stored in the corridor had to bare it all. Love, hate, and betrayal.

 

+==========+

 

Honestly, Taecyeon didn’t know what to expect when he set foot on the stone staircase of the entrance of the massive church. Each step towards the big wooden door placed at the very top felt extremely eerie and slightly cold, he felt out of place, and I dare say, he felt like exactly what he was. A messed up in the head kid who’s  got practically zero sense of direction and got himself lost while trying to buy some darn pads for his mom. Who in fact was apparently, too lazy to get up and get it herself.

This was not the way one should spend their precious Saturday afternoon doing. Not at all.

After what felt like ages, he finally collapsed on the last staircase, panting while halfway crawling towards the door, and reached up a single trembling hand to open the bronze door knob.

A strange something jolted up his arm at the touch of the knob, and a creaking sound was heard, it almost felt like he was disturbing something that he shouldn’t be disturbing, that should have been left alone by itself.

But being the careless boy that he is, he ignored what signs are telling him to do and continued his journey trying to find someone and ask for directions.

“Uhm, hello? Anybody here?” His footsteps could be heard echoing as he advanced into the church, and was awed by the interior. For a beat up and rather shabby looking church from the outside, it sure was a sight from the inside.

It had a ceiling with great height, windows covering and surrounding 3 sides with colourful and a variety of mosaics delicately placed on the glass. Countless rows of seats were placed leading up to the front of the church.

 Taecyeon whistled quietly under his breath.

Deciding that there was no one in the main church, he walked deeper into the building in a desperate attempt to find help. But a small part of him wanted to explore this church slight more, it fascinated him in a way never before, but something was not quite right. He felt familiar here like he had been here before, which he was sure was false.

By the corner of his eye, something caught in the sunlight. He slowly walked towards the material and found himself in the middle of a lobby like dome, with countless corridors spanning off the massive centre.

“….9, 10, 11.” Taecyeon counted the corridors in his head, and stopped on the last one. The 11th corridor.

Faint flashes of memories shot through his mind, all jagged and chopped, like a confusing puzzle piece. And unfortunately, none of it made sense to him what-so-ever. But the 11th corridor had this pull, almost magnetic, and Taecyeon couldn’t help but be pulled by it.

Sadly, it was sealed with a lock, disappointed, he was about to turn around when he heard a faint click behind him and walked back towards the lock. It was golden with silver curvy and fancy words written on it that he was too lazy to read. And strangely enough, the lock was somehow, open.

He took the lock away and gently pushed open the door.

“Hello?” He half-heartedly said, full attention now on the corridor and the corridor alone as he slowly walked on, turning his head from side to side to take the entire mysterious corridor all in. His shoes clacking dramatically against the marble floor for each step he took, and he lightly chuckled to himself, Man, I feel like I’m in a movie, moving all dramatically and shi-

“Hello.” His thoughts were interrupted by a voice, a beautiful voice that seemed to be quite close to him.

Aish, and I’m hearing voices now, isn’t that just wonderful? What’s next? Am I going to start seeing things as well?

“Do you happen to be lost sir?” Taecyeon turned around at the light tap on his shoulder and found himself face to face with this girl.

The girl was pretty, in fact, she was beautiful. Her hair fell loosely and freely down her shoulders in soft and slight brunette curls while her head was tipped to the side in confusion. Her eyes were wide with curiosity as she looked at the tall, lean, man standing awkwardly and tensed in front of her.

“Uh, y-yes. I was on the way to t-the con-convenience store, but I’m afraid th-that ugh…”

“Omo! Haven’t I seen you here before?”

He grunted quietly to the second time that he was interrupted, one thing that bothers him, was people who feel the need to interrupt his thoughts with their own.

“No.” 

Taken aback by the abruptness, she back down and muttered a small, “Oh. I’m sorry, I am probably mistaken then. You did seem familiar though.” But her disappointment was quickly replaced by this dazzling smile, as she continued on, “No one comes here at all, it is nice to have company once in a while. I remember the last time I saw a human being was around…more than 10 years ago?”

Taecyeon didn’t like this strange girl in front of him, she troubled him in a way and her first impression wasn’t the best either, “It is pretty isolated you see.” His plan, get directions and get the heck out of this place as soon as possible.

“Yes, that is correct.” Her form of speech was peculiar as well, it was too polite for a normal teen, and it had a slight tone to it that he couldn’t quite place.

“So uhm, I just sorta want to go home y’know. Do you happen to know the way back to the city?”

She shook her head, “I’ve never been outside of the church before.”

“Eh?” He couldn’t care less about the reason why, as he was just plainly desperate to find someone to help him, and all he got stuck with was this person, “Aish, I shouldn’t even have come here.” He glanced at the girl in front of him with disgust, if she wasn’t weird enough, she has to go all Rapunzel on me, AISH, DRAGON BALL IS ON, DAMN YOU PAD.

“Well, I’m Im Yoona.” Yoona took out her hand and offered it to the man in front of her, he was surely fascinating, and she was quite sure that he seemed familiar.

He stared at the small and delicate hand, he didn’t know why but suddenly, he wanted to know this “Yoona” person a lot more. So he hesitantly reached out his own muscular and big hands and connected it with hers.

But he got to admit, it did feel nice.

“Ok Taecyeon.”

But no one knew that this little gesture was what started the series of events that follows, it was a simple handshake filled with warmness and curiosity. But this is the drastic time change for both of their lives, a simple hello handshake.

We can never underestimate those little things in life that starts something no one can place a word to.

“You had me at hello.” This was the moment they would look back to when they grow older, the cliché phrase was surprisingly fitting, and it was precious whether you want to believe it or not.

 

_______________________________________________________________________________

 

A/N: Finally found time to update, sorry for the wait and the slightley short chapter. And I apologize if it was boring, it was a neccesary jump to get to the actual story, so I promise you it gets better, so don't worry~ ^-^ So what do you think happened? Who was the guy at the beginning? And what was "sealed" in the 11th Corridor? 

        Hope you guys enjoyed the first update, and please, please, please subsribe/comment, they make me very happy :D