Rainbow after the Rain

Rainbow after the Rain

JAEJOONG’s POV

 

“Where the hell is he?" I groaned, looking everywhere extensively along the group of people that are seeming to lessen by the second.

That idiot! I told him we'll just meet up next time or just call me, is he that busy to not notice the news and signs telling there would be a storm coming? He literally went on his knees-while we're talking on the phone I may add, for me to come out and the stupid ME just had to give in. So I’m here waiting for a person who's already an hour late and is going to die soon, to add to that I forgot both my phone and wallet in the pressure of hurrying up here then nothing shows up. I'm pretty much stranded here without anything and the storm looks like its coming.

Then the sky started roaring loudly and a couple of lightning showed up. I could maybe start walking home now and still probably make it home just in time the rain starts pouring but knowing Hyunjoong he'll be throwing a fit over this.

"Aish!" I cursed lowly, flailing around wanting to kick or punch something. After the first drops of rain echoed and the merciless attack of the rest came, deafening out everything and the song of the storm had started to play.

I squatted down since there was nowhere to sit down and stared blankly at nothing. 'Could things get any worse?' I thought to myself right before the lights were cut off and total black out, except for the light coming outside. Just my luck!

There are so many things I'd like to tell him when I see him soon. I'll give him a big chunk of my mind. He knows how I get when people make me wait and so he'll be expecting a call from me. Hell! I don't even know what he has to tell me that is very important and I have to know soon.

Hmmm... My eyes are still working perfectly fine but I'm not sure if it’s a girl walking to me or a guy, she or he is bundled up thickly with only a slight image of his face is showing under the mask and the sunglasses. I didn't give her any attention thinking it's not me she's coming for but was I surprise when she stood right in front of me with a hello kitty umbrella waving in my face.

"Huh" was the only reaction I could give. I moved the umbrella to the side and saw her eyes, light brown with her lashes fluttering just above them.

"You can have this if you want, it's raining really hard" she said but I was too occupied looking at her eyes, shaking my brain to remember where I've seen her because she looks awfully familiar. As well as her voice, it's sweet and the type you wouldn't get tired of hearing. I swear I know her but ... I don't know!

"No it's okay! I'll just wait till it passes. Thanks anyway" I responded to her, catching what she said a little late. I looked away a little, knowing myself I'll just go back to staring at her and that's not really nice especially that I don't know her and if she knows me I'll be in an issue again.

She just chuckled instead of answering, by the corner of my eyes I saw her head turn to look outside too, tilting her head to the left and blinking a few times. She looked really cute even though I can't really see her face. The way she gazed at the rain seemed like she's seeing something else beside the water droplets pouring heavily from the sky.

"The weather forecast said it'll be raining the whole night until tomorrow morning, now I'm not a rocket scientist but if you don’t accept the umbrella you're pretty much stranded here without nothing to eat and nowhere to sleep" she smartly pointed out the downs of my situation and there's nothing I can say to argue with it.

I wonder if she's older than me or not but by the sound of her voice and her body it seems like she's younger.

"I won't be able to give it back to you though and it looks like its custom made" I said. The carved D.P on the handle gave that away but also the intricate designs on the umbrella itself as well as the huge number of rabbits and a teddy bear of some sort.

"It is actually ..." she smiled; even though it was covered under the mask I can see it through her eyes. "But it’s okay I have another one exactly the same and besides you need it more than I do" she turned to me then and her eyes meeting mine in the instant made me blush, if it wasn't for the black out it could have been really obvious. Not to brag but I've heard I have a perfect, white skin.

She took my hand, which surprised me, when her skin touched mine I felt a little current run through my back and it was strange. Anyways, I notice her hands were small and a bit cold, like the ones you just want to link hands with and tuck in your pocket.
 

 

She placed the umbrella on my palms and enclosed my fingers around it. My eyes did not leave her as she did that, there's something about her, I don't know what maybe all the things I’ve mentioned earlier but it’s somewhat pulling me to her.

"Don't worry about giving it back, just get home safely okay. Bye! Bye" and just like that she walked off in my hand an umbrella dear to her.

What confuses me is that a girl like her, alone in a rainy or stormy afternoon like this is all too willing and nice to give or lend her umbrella to someone who needs it, most especially someone who she doesn't know at all. I could have been a for all she know and yet she walked all the way here, certain of my intentions and her.

"Wow" I said and started walking home with her on my thoughts, occupying half of it and the other half is for Hyunjoong.

 

Smiling like a fool, I opened the umbrella and walked under the pouring rain thinking about nothing but her. It’s rare to see girls act that way in reality nowadays, it’s mostly in dramas and that is all scripted. Well, what I’m feeling right now because of this is like the ones in the dramas, where there’s the tingling feeling in the pit of your stomach while you think about what had happened only minutes ago and that crazy smile pasted in your lips while you recall her face, most especially her eyes.

 

Call me crazy but I think I’ve fallen in love with that girl.

 

 

 

DARA’s POV

 

! Chaerin’s going to kill me if I don’t get home in time for dinner or if I come home wet from the rain. Either way I don’t think I’m going to get through the night without any lecture from her or the maknae. Why is it that they don’t do the same with Bom? The last time I checked we were both the same age and childish, I don’t understand why I always get the shortest stick.

 

“Hmmm… I think it’s going to rain soon” I hummed, looking up at the last spot on the sky where the dark clouds haven’t covered yet. The birds were flying pass it and it looked like something you’d see in a museum or a painting, it was really pretty.

 

There was nowhere I wanted to go to in particular I just wanted to roam around the area before we leave again for Japan. I could have gone to see my brother but it’s for sure he wouldn’t let me in any close perimeter around s. Staying home is bringing my mood down and a little fresh air wouldn’t hurt.

 

I made sure I wouldn’t get caught for going out without telling the managers so I hid myself under a huge jacket, a mask and sunglasses – the last one got a little attention since who would wear dark glasses when it’s dark outside? Anyways, with my hello kitty umbrella and enough money to get a taxi home just in case, I was walking alone heading nowhere while everybody else hurried home.

 

May is already here and the dating ban would be over soon so there are a lot of talks around the company about me and Bom getting boyfriends. It’s not that easy even with the ban over, especially for me who isn’t really good with new people and that’s a big deal for someone who is more or less eager to be in a relationship.

 

Up ahead was a guy, sitting down and looking at nothing. He seemed like he was stranded there or had nothing, surely not a beggar or a hobo just someone who seemed to got out of the house to fast and forgot his things. Right then the hard rain started to pour down.

 

For some reason I don’t understand, my feet was taking me to him the next thing I knew was my hand with the umbrella waving in front of his face.

 

“Huh!” he gasped then moving my hand to the side, seeing my face. I’m not sure when I had taken the glasses off but I was looking straight at his eyes clearly.

 


"You can have this if you want, it's raining really hard" I said but he didn’t say anything and stood still, frozen or something. Closely, he looks vaguely familiar even though his face is covered by his bangs and the hat he was wearing. More especially his voice, it was airy and low I swear I’ve heard it before.

 

"No it's okay! I'll just wait till it passes. Thanks anyway" he said back a little late then turning to the side, obviously trying hard not to stare back at me. If you’re the same age as I am you’d know how things work out with boys like him but still I found it cute.

 

I chuckled a little and looked outside, tilting my head and blinking a couple of times. Rain is something you shouldn’t hate because even though it just brings discomfort for most in the end it brings something beautiful. A rainbow after a storm.

 

"The weather forecast said it'll be raining the whole night until tomorrow morning, now I'm not a rocket scientist but if you don’t accept the umbrella you're pretty much stranded here without nothing to eat and nowhere to sleep" I pointed out the obvious, I already know he knows about it and since there’s nothing I can say for him to take the umbrella I had to go there.

 

"I won't be able to give it back to you though and it looks like its custom made" he said eyeing the handle of the umbrella.

 

"It is actually ..." I smiled, looking at the umbrella the BB members gave to me for my birthday. I was really surprised at the gift since I didn’t expect it at all, just by looking at it from far it really seem like it took a lot of time and thoughts on making it and that touched me then another surprise was when they gave me another one exactly the same. Just in case I lose the other one or give it to another person, the other one didn’t have my initials on it and they explained I could put the initials of my future boyfriend on it. A couple thing as I like to call it. "But it’s okay I have another one exactly the same and besides you need it more than I do" I added.

 

It already looks like it he’s not just going to take it easily so I took his hand and place it on his palm then closing his fingers around it, telling him I’m giving it to him whether he likes it or not.

 

It might be weird but I think I’m being pulled towards him, there’s something that I can’t quite explain but it’s like pushing me towards him and even if I said no to that it probably wouldn’t work since in my line of life my thoughts and wants always went first no matter what my opinion otherwise it.

 

"Don't worry about giving it back, just get home safely okay. Bye! Bye" I said lastly and turning around to leave him alone.

 

I don’t know what I just did but I think I gave away one thing that probably would get me out of trouble but for some reason I don’t regret it. Looking at it in another way is helping out someone get home and not get stuck outside where there’s a storm.

 

I walked pretty fast and suddenly I was already at the corner of the front, fortunately seeing an empty taxi coming by, with the image of a furious Chae-leader and maknae on my head I halted the taxi and it stopped. The driver then came out from inside with an umbrella with him, assisting me inside to avoid getting wet and that was pretty nice of him.

 

As soon as I got inside the taxi still dry the guy then came abruptly in my head, occupying my whole thoughts. A girl like me, alone in a dreary weather just came up to a guy I totally don’t know and have no idea if I’m meeting every again and gave him my umbrella. I didn’t know if he was some kind of a or maniac or whatever, the loud call on my head and the sudden actions of my feet led me to his side faster than I could even think about it.

 

Right then we passed by the spot where he was standing and where I gave him the umbrella. He was no longer there and as we drove further away from it I found my head turning more to the side not wanting to lose sight of that spot.

 

Something was turning in my stomach, I’m not sure if it’s because of hunger since it’s time for dinner usually or it’s those tingling feelings one would feel when they see someone they like, just like the ones in dramas that are mostly scripted. Whatever it is it gave my lips a sweet smile that wouldn’t be fading any time soon, just the mere peek of him is making me giddy all over.

 

Call me crazy but I think I’ve fallen for that boy.

 

 

 

NOBODY’s POV

 

Just like the beautiful, clear rainbow after the harsh rain will they be able to meet afterwards?