Rules and Regs

AFF White Valentines Fic Exchange

What IS a fic exchange?

Basically, it is an exchange of stories between authors on this website. Many authors participated in the Christmas fic exchange, and we decided that there should be some throughout the year. After this one, there will be a break, and perhaps a summertime one will follow...but anyway, back to this. With a fic exchange, a few things happen: you submit an application with a couple and plot included, we give the plot to another user who then writes a oneshot based on the information you gave, and then once deadline rolls around, the oneshots are all posted within a certain period of time. Hope that clears some stuff up. ^-^

RULES CONCERNING THE WHITE VALENTINE FIC EXCHANGE

1. No bashing. Most of us are moderators; consequences will be given to those who bash the user/band they receive.

2. Must be a one-shot and at least 800 words in total to submit.

3. Because of the two categories, different rules will apply to both, so look for those below.

4. **Google is everyone’s friend, as are YouTube and Wikipedia. If you get a band you either don’t know or don’t like for personal reasons, or you need help developing the plot (i.e your applicant put “Surprise me” as their plot bunny), please contact Andi, Alex, Carly, Karlo, or Jen in a private message on their walls (see below for more details). Do remember to be polite; any demands will be ignored.

5. If you participate in the Holiday Fic Exchange but did NOT submit a fic, your name will be crossed off the list if you apply. Please be sure that you have everything in order before applying here.

6. DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: January 31st @ 11:59 PM EST

7. DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION: March 14th @ 11:59 PM EST

8. Do not post your story until February 14th. Between this date and the deadline, all oneshots should be posted.

9. If you do not submit a fic, but you do submit an application, you will be placed on the Wall of Shame. It is extremely unfair to receive a story but take no time in writing one.

10. Should you foresee deactivating your account in the future, DO LET US KNOW IMMEDIATELY. It doesn’t matter if you deactivate your account; a story is still owed to whomever you received an application for. Dodging it won’t help; moderators have the ability to track IP addresses, so if you deactivate an account and make a new one in the hopes of dodging this—we will find you and deal with you accordingly.

11. Aside from help with the plot, leave all other questions, comments or concerns ONLY on this account; they will be dealt with as soon as possible. Do not leave wall posts with any of the account’s regulators; most of us deal with mod-related questions daily and do not wish to lose your wall post amidst all the others. In addition, school and work claim much of our time, and we will not always be on. However, someone will get back to you in a timely manner, so please be patient and wait.

12. If you want to receive a rated story, YOU MUST WRITE A RATED IN RETURN. To be frank, it will be difficult for us to match people up, especially if they pick one and then write the other, so if you want rated, you write rated. If you don't want rated, you don't write rated.

**Different regulators know different bands. For your convenience, here is a list of the bands each person is willing to offer you help with:

            -Andi: DBSK, Super Junior, SHINee, 2PM, SNSD, J-rock artists

            -Karlo: 2PM, 2AM, BoA, DBSK, SHINee, Utada Hikaru, Namie Amuro, Big Bang, DBSK

            -Jen: SHINee, Infinite, DBSK, Super Junior

            -Alex: 2PM (Alex: someone asks for Junho, they die; she’s totally kidding, btw…I think), 2AM, Jay Park, Miss A, Rain, MBLAQ, SHINee, F.Cuz,  UKiss, CN Blue, J-pop artists

            -Carly: Big Bang, Epik High, SHINee, 2PM, 2AM, SNSD, MBLAQ, Rain, Co-Ed, F.T. Island, Fly to the Sky, Midnight Sun, Outsider, Super Junior, DBSK, U-Kiss, 2NE1, F.Cuz, Infinite, Nomnomnom, CN Blue, BEAST, H.O.T, 1TYM, Shinhwa, Untouchable, Supernova, ZE:A, Code V


RULES FOR RATED STORIES

1. We are allowing rated stories for this exchange; however not all authors are comfortable with writing rated stories. Therefore, it is an option if you wish to apply for a rated story. Be sure to specify you want it rated in your application—the specifics of the plot/ and if it’s straight, , or yuri included—so we can pair you with someone willing to write a rated fic.

2. No (of any kind), slavery, or —or suggestions of said acts.

3. Make any relevant to the plot—gratuitous is nice, but not always appreciated.

4. If you get stuck on any rated parts and need coaching or advice, send Andi, Jen, or Carly a private message. If stuck on any other parts, leave a message with the FicExchange account.

5. If you change your mind about the rating of the story, contact the FicExchange account, and someone will let your author know. If this isn’t possible, we apologize for any inconveniences.


RULES FOR NON-RATED STORIES

1. Again, it is an option if you wish to write rated or non-rated. Be sure to specify what you want in your application; be clear if you do not want rated.

2. Non-rated means no swearing, ual content, violence, etc.

3. If you are stuck with any parts of your story, leave a message with the FicExchange account.

4. If you change your mind about the rating of the story, contact the FicExchange account and someone will let your author know. If this isn’t possible, we apologize for any inconveniences.


In order to make things more organized we have set up an application form for you guys to fill out. If you have previously already written and posted an application please use this link to repost your application, or you will find the form on the next chapter. Thank you. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.

~~~~

Thanks for applying! Remember to subscribe for any updates! We’re as excited as you are for this!

~Andi~